lock up Bradham

Pete

Gilmore is a stud. But don't we have a 5th year option to keep him through next season? If so, we lock up Bradham now, negotiate with Cordy and Gilmore. And worst case scenerio we franchise Gilmore for 2017 and continue to try and lock him up long term

We do have a 5th year option and we exercised it already. My order of importance ATM is Gilmore>Bradham>Glenn. This could change if Glenn reverts back to pre2014 mode, but so far I haven't seen it. I think we'll find a way to retain all three.

Gilmore is skyrocketing. good for him good for us , bad for our Bills wallet.

Nigel has the friendly agent. ?

But this is going to get money tight and some of us are going to get butthurt here.

I think Glenn earned his stripes. Gilmore will deserve top money. Bradham ?

if they can get a deal. I love him but.Whaley knows LBs. This might be where the Bills rotate em in and then out ,through the draft.

You're right Whaley does know LBs but I sorta hope we lock it down with the current two. Then we can have good depth rather than needing a young LB to prove Whaley right again. Plus you can always trade you're young LBs for studs at other positions (see Shady deal).

Edited by YattaOkasan

We do have a 5th year option and we exercised it already. My order of importance ATM is Gilmore>Bradham>Glenn. This could change if Glenn reverts back to pre2014 mode, but so far I haven't seen it. I think we'll find a way to retain all three.

You're right Whaley does know LBs but I sorta hope we lock it down with the current two. Then we can have good depth rather than needing a young LB to prove Whaley right again. Plus you can always trade you're young LBs for studs at other positions (see Shady deal).

make no mistake , i want to keep them all. I think Glenn will shine again and wish they would move Cogs over to help Hendy.

But if the Overdorf can keep that trio , good on him.

Gilmore is nearly a lock in Rexies game regardless. So i agree re sign him this saturday!! Tarpley is a player to watch

When you consider the average NFL career is 3.x years long, take the money when you can unless you feel the offer being made is well below market. Could the Bills have signed Hughes to much less last Sept as opposed to Feb, likely yes. But in the case of Hughes, I'm sure the thinking was lets see him for one more season to make sure last year wasn't a fluke and he's a one year wonder. In the case of both Bradham and Gilmore, they've both shown enough IMO to only go up in value, barring injury. Glenn on the other hand had a suspect season last year, week #1 was good, but not great. So I'd wait a bit yet on him.

I guess every single player has that incentive, but only injury-prone players should base decisions on it.

I want to pay all the top players, but Whaley has to do his job and be careful with the cap. Don't get me wrong - I really want Nigel. Imagine if Tyrod has a season on par with week one. We're tight on the cap without really paying for a top QB. These are the problems good teams face, so it's a good (?) thing. Keep killing it in the draft for young cheap guys to pick your keepers from. But yeah, keep Nigel (if only because we need a guy named Nigel!).

I want to pay all the top players, but Whaley has to do his job and be careful with the cap. Don't get me wrong - I really want Nigel. Imagine if Tyrod has a season on par with week one. We're tight on the cap without really paying for a top QB. These are the problems good teams face, so it's a good (?) thing. Keep killing it in the draft for young cheap guys to pick your keepers from. But yeah, keep Nigel (if only because we need a guy named Nigel!).

I hope fans understand that someone isn't getting signed. Maybe it's Cordy Glenn? I know Tyrod Taylor will be paid if he keeps playing well. Hi contract calls for $6MM in 2016 if he hits all his incentives.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Gilmore needs to be paid. McKelvin's contract will be cut and that money will go to Gilmore.

Let Glenn walk. He is average at best.

Bradham will cost too much is my guess. I like him. If they can restructure Mario then give Bradham a new deal. Otherwise tag him. LB tag can't be that much.

I guess every single player has that incentive, but only injury-prone players should base decisions on it.

I wouldn't say just injury prone players. It is a violent sport. Corey Graham isn't injury prone and he took a knee to the head on the first play of the game and might not play this week. They are possibly leaving some money on the table true, but they will still get in the range of what they would have gotten by waiting, staying free of major injury and performing at the same level. 4 years, 22-25 million today, or 4 years 25-30 million, maybe, down the road? Most players will jump on the firs train as long as the numbers are fair.

Gilmore needs to be paid. McKelvin's contract will be cut and that money will go to Gilmore.

Let Glenn walk. He is average at best.

Bradham will cost too much is my guess. I like him. If they can restructure Mario then give Bradham a new deal. Otherwise tag him. LB tag can't be that much.

Rex likes his CB's. McKelvin could always re-structure too. Lower his cap hit. If he plays well it wouldn't shock me. It's not like he's making that much money.

Edited by purple haze