I hope Pats thinking like this - Andy Gresh

The lunkhead in the blue shirt and brown suit, Andy Gresh? Who is this guy (when he's not playing a lunkhead in the studio)? Can y'all help me identify the other talking heads here?

http://www.csnne.com/new-england-patriots/gresh-can-taylor-score-enough-bills-beat-patriots

(whichever of them is "Mike"): Tyrod Taylor is a "6'1" Wildcat QB" (did V-Tech run the Wildcat? Has TT ever run the Wildcat?).

You are forgetting that these are Boston guys. It doesn't matter if TT plays the same style as Johnny Unitas. "Wildcat QB" is code for something else. It shouldn't be too hard to figure out. And it is all the more reason to want to beat them 2 this year and every year henceforth.

Since the Patriots* have been on this run of arrogance....which did not really start right when they got good but a few years after......the only thing I have wanted is for when the inevitable fall comes, that it be at the hands of the Buffalo Bills and that it come CRASHING down. It seems to me that the time is drawing near. Perhaps the time is even now. It also appears to me that the demise will not be at the hands of the Broncos, Colts Jets, Steelers or anyone........except the Buffalo Bills. The fact that they have been caught cheating again........the fact that their boozy owner sidled up to Jon Bon Jersey and the Toronto crowd decades after Ralph saved their team.....the fact that they dismiss us....the fact that their their reporters are basically throwing racial shots at our QB.....will only make it sweeter. I hope it happens all in one day....this Sunday. It may or it may not, but make no mistake. It will happen.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually interned for Gresh when he used to work out of Providence. This take aside, he is a very knowledgable football guy but for what it's worth, he is a huge Steelers fan who just now happens to do a lot of Patriots coverage.

All of you are SPOT ON... Pats fans are genuinely fairly simple when it comes to football conversations. If you aren't talking about a QB or a head coach they can't comprehend anything. I've lived in Providence/Boston my entire life other than 4 years at Ithaca College and pats fans are exactly how you all describe them!

I am a diehard Sox fan and this is absolutely a baseball town w hockey sprinkled in especially with the successful college programs. Gillette stadium will be a ghost town once this little reign of terror ends and I for one look forward to it.

Let's start to end it this Sunday!

go bills

You are forgetting that these are Boston guys. It doesn't matter if TT plays the same style as Johnny Unitas. "Wildcat QB" is code for something else. It shouldn't be too hard to figure out. And it is all the more reason to want to beat them 2 this year and every year henceforth..............the fact that they dismiss us....the fact that their their reporters are basically throwing racial shots at our QB.....will only make it sweeter. I hope it happens all in one day....this Sunday. It may or it may not, but make no mistake. It will happen.

Wait, "wildcat QB" is a racial slur?

I actually interned for Gresh when he used to work out of Providence. This take aside, he is a very knowledgable football guy

He is if you say he is, but he came across as a Prize Lunkhead crapping on the Bills top-3 D and ignoring the fact that the Pats stopped neither the Stillers run nor their pass last week.

Do you think that was just his scripted role, while Howe was "the voice of reason" who could acknowledge our "elite" D and express concern about the Pats inability to stop the run on Thurs?

Do you think that was just his scripted role, while Howe was "the voice of reason" who could acknowledge our "elite" D and express concern about the Pats inability to stop the run on Thurs?

It's certainly possible but anything I respond with is just a blatant guess. As you know guys like him don't take a second to realize they might need to pay attention to the Bills.. They just assume it'll be the same old narrative etc etc.

Kirk Cousins is a 6'3" white QB, and they call him a Redskin.

Dan Patrick didn't.

I actually interned for Gresh when he used to work out of Providence. This take aside, he is a very knowledgable football guy but for what it's worth, he is a huge Steelers fan who just now happens to do a lot of Patriots coverage.

All of you are SPOT ON... Pats fans are genuinely fairly simple when it comes to football conversations. If you aren't talking about a QB or a head coach they can't comprehend anything. I've lived in Providence/Boston my entire life other than 4 years at Ithaca College and pats fans are exactly how you all describe them!

I am a diehard Sox fan and this is absolutely a baseball town w hockey sprinkled in especially with the successful college programs. Gillette stadium will be a ghost town once this little reign of terror ends and I for one look forward to it.

Let's start to end it this Sunday!

go bills

Just looking at that dude....and I'm not trying to be mean....but what percentage of his off hours were spent sober? I'm guessing 12%.

Well given that TT doesn't play wildcat let me know if you think a 6'1 white QB would have been called "wildcat" by a Boston guy. Be honest.

A racial slur is definitely a reach, but I believe it is an insult though. Outside of Buffalo TT is thought of as a run first QB, and that's fine with me, they soon shall see he has the arm and accuracy to be a very good pocket passer...

This is inaccurate. Gresh is not very knowledgable about football, which is one of the reasons he got fired from 98.5 in Boston. He was a crap offensive lineman on a crap URI team but seems to think that alone qualifies him to spew his brand of football talk. Just because you throw out "mike linebacker" or "1-2 personnel" doesn't mean you know what you are talking about and that's Gresh's schtick. There are plenty of posters here who could talk circles around Gresh in terms of football. In NE, my 11 yo daughter knows more about football than the average fan here which is why a guy like Gresh lasted as long as he did.

RTB

I agree that we will see a lot of Heavy 2 (2 corners/9 in the box) that they didn't show against Pittsburgh, but I think TT can really hurt N.E. with his arm if they do this. Too much speed outside in one on ones.

This could be a 300yd passing week for T-Mobile...errr T-Airways.

OH YEAH! if they put 9 in the box Sammy will eat them alive. They don't have a corner who can match up. Truthfully I think you will see the opposite, because Billy boy will be scared sh*tless of our wide outs

Well given that TT doesn't play wildcat let me know if you think a 6'1 white QB would have been called "wildcat" by a Boston guy. Be honest.

To be honest, I have no idea. I couldn't tell if they were ignorant about the offense T-mobile ran in college, ignorant about Tyrod's role with the Ravens (straight backup, not gadget guy). ignorant about Roman's offense, making assumptions regarding the presence of David Lee as our QB coach, referencing the 1st play of the Bills-Colts game, or just being disparaging d*cks.

But then I tend not to leap to the conclusion anything is racist or sexist on general principal "never attribute to malice that which can be explained by stupidity".

OH YEAH! if they put 9 in the box Sammy will eat them alive. They don't have a corner who can match up. Truthfully I think you will see the opposite, because Billy boy will be scared sh*tless of our wide outs

Billy boy may or may not be scared of our wideouts, but he won't be scared of Tyrod Taylor passing to them until Tyrod proves to him that he should be.

A bunch and I am telling that the Pats fans are worse (same league though). None of them grew up playing the game or caring about the game. In the early 2000's they started following and now act as if they are experts. Next time you meet a Pats fan ask him to name all of the starting Pats QBs between their first Super Bowl and their last. They have never heard of Millen, Eason or Grogan. I lived there for 4 years in college ('99-'03) and it was embarrassing.

At least the Patsies** fans know they were in a Super Bowl back then. I've met several12s (Seahawks fans) who don't even know they went to Super Bowl XL or know who Shaun Alexander is.

Edited by reddogblitz

&mbps;

Tebow?

I'm guessing they would have called him a religious freak.

To be honest, I have no idea. I couldn't tell if they were ignorant about the offense T-mobile ran in college, ignorant about Tyrod's role with the Ravens (straight backup, not gadget guy). ignorant about Roman's offense, making assumptions regarding the presence of David Lee as our QB coach, referencing the 1st play of the Bills-Colts game, or just being disparaging d*cks.

But then I tend not to leap to the conclusion anything is racist or sexist on general principal "never attribute to malice that which can be explained by stupidity".

I tend to not leap to conclusions either. Until I hear something stupid like that over and over again and this time from a town full of Al Campanis'.

Edited by 4merper4mer