New team - levitre still terrible

thewza

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Two years ago, not having Levitre cost the Bills a playoff spot.

Simple as that.

Should have signed him and dealt with the overpay later.

That is the cost of winning when you don't draft/evaluate a position well.

No different than what they did with Charles Clay this year.......and everyone loves that deal because the alternatives were unproven and lowly regarded.

You just CAN'T swap out one of the better OG's in the league for the worst OG in the entire NFL......and then start him in front of a rookie QB!

.......or if you are one of the knuckleheads that thought Kevin Kolb was going to start.....start him in front of the most fragile QB in NFL history!

One of the more epic fails in the decade and a half of fail.

A lot of people think the Bills are finally up to playoff level this season.......they've had top 12 overall NFL talent for going on 4 years now. :doh:

Simple as that.

No different than what they did with Charles Clay this year.......and everyone loves that deal because the alternatives were unproven and lowly regarded.

You just CAN'T swap out one of the better OG's in the league for the worst OG in the entire NFL......and then start him in front of a rookie QB!

.......or if you are one of the knuckleheads that thought Kevin Kolb was going to start.....start him in front of the most fragile QB in NFL history!

A lot of people think the Bills are finally up to playoff level this season.......they've had top 12 overall NFL talent for going on 4 years now. :doh:

What's amazing was that levitre was probably the best and most valuable player on our team at that time.

I don't k ow what has happened since, but he was a no-brainer to re-sign.

Simple as that.

While I agree that not having quality OG's the last few years is a big reason for all the losing seasons. Most fans agree that he wasn't worth what Tenn gave him, and yet the team failed to have a decent backup plan after they let him walk away. Bad teams do bad drafting and bad scouting. Just ask a Cleveland Browns fan.

I could be mistaken but i remember reading that Buddy Nix would spout about OG's are a dime a dozen, and that you can always slide an OT to OG if needed. That sure didn't work by moving a tolerable RT in Pears to RG, as it looked like a complete disaster with the right side of the line all last year. I'm just glad that Nix and his ideas about the offensive line are long gone.

Just the difference that LG Richie Incognito has made on the left side has been very noticeable, and might finally be a decent replacement for Levitre. Now if those two young players on the right side can develop into decent starters the team might finally have a proper line. Hopefully the Bills have moved on from the stupid scouting, drafting they did for so long.

Not on both sides of the ball they didn't, and certainly not on the sidelines.

Overall, combined talent.

But we will have to agree to disagree just like we do about Shady........who had what? 7 runs for a loss yesterday?

Did you catch the graphic about Shady having the lowest yards per touch in the NFL last year among players who had 250 or more combined touches?

Fun to watch but average production.......and that was LAST year....running behind Jason Peters and Evan Mathis. :lol:

Overall, combined talent.

But we will have to agree to disagree just like we do about Shady........who had what? 7 runs for a loss yesterday?

Did you catch the graphic about Shady having the lowest yards per touch in the NFL last year among players who had 250 or more combined touches?

Fun to watch but average production.......and that was LAST year....running behind Jason Peters and Evan Mathis. :lol:(In Chip Kelly's system... which was the biggest reason for that stat)

Long season, my friend. Of all the worries about this team I have, and I have some, Shady isn't one of them.

Edited by GreggyT

Long season, my friend. Of all the worries about this team I have, and I have some, Shady isn't one of them.

I hope you are right.......if I got awards for being right on this board I'd have a 40' shipping container worth of worthless trophies........so I cherish those moments when I am wrong and the result is positive. :thumbsup:

It's just that we aren't talking about a small sample size. Guy had like 350+ touches of utter average production last year plus mileage and a couple big paydays in the bank account...and still gettin' paid like an elite back when his stats say JAG.

Like Prime said when discussing CJ2K looking like a viable NFL running back again in Arizona...........when them checks stop comin', you start runnin'! :lol:

I hope you are right.......if I got awards for being right on this board I'd have a 40' shipping container worth of worthless trophies........so I cherish those moments when I am wrong and the result is positive. :thumbsup:

It's just that we aren't talking about a small sample size. Guy had like 350+ touches of utter average production last year plus mileage and a couple big paydays in the bank account...and still gettin' paid like an elite back when his stats say JAG.

Like Prime said when discussing CJ2K looking like a viable NFL running back again in Arizona...........when them checks stop comin', you start runnin'! :lol:

I hear you, again I'm not claiming to be right all the time it's just my opinion. He's been one of my favorite players to watch since he came into the league so I feel pretty confident in my assessment of his abilities. That stat to me is a product of being in Chip Kelly's system, it deflates numbers. He was also not given the chance to get in rhythm a lot last year as Kelly would pull him (especially in the red zone for some mind boggling reason). I could be wrong and he could be on the decline, but I didn't see a back in decline last year when I watched him at all. Neither did anyone else that I can recall, it wasn't a topic of conversation. It only became one when he became a Bill.

Edited by GreggyT

I'm with you on this one. Not that I think Shady is bad. But I don't believe he is elite at this stage. And I hope and pray (if I actually prayed) I'm wrong.

I'm with you on this one. Not that I think Shady is bad. But I don't believe he is elite at this stage. And I hope and pray (if I actually prayed) I'm wrong.

I understand that thinking (and BADOL's), I'm not trying to change your mind (I'm hoping his play will speak for itself in the long run) but it's just baffling to me because even at the end of last season -- one where he started slow -- he still finished 3rd in the league in rushing. I don't know how that's not elite.

I understand that thinking (and BADOL's), I'm not trying to change your mind (I'm hoping his play will speak for itself in the long run) but it's just baffling to me because even at the end of last season -- one where he started slow -- he still finished 3rd in the league in rushing. I don't know how that's not elite.

Well, for one, the guy was (and hopefully is) a workhorse. If he can stay healthy, handle a heavy workload and get the yardage (and average over 4 YPC) again, I'll be OK with the trade. But the guy played in a VERY RB friendly offense with a really good offensive line. I didn't think he looked like an elite back, for most of last year.

And how typical of TSW to make a Levitre thread into a McCoy thread. We are classic! :lol:

Well, for one, the guy was (and hopefully is) a workhorse. If he can stay healthy, handle a heavy workload and get the yardage (and average over 4 YPC) again, I'll be OK with the trade. But the guy played in a VERY RB friendly offense with a really good offensive line. I didn't think he looked like an elite back, for most of last year.

And how typical of TSW to make a Levitre thread into a McCoy thread. We are classic! :lol:

I've been laughing about that very thing with every post I've made in this thread. :lol: