Patriots C Bryan Stork put on short-term IR

YoloinOhio

@RobtheCarter: Pats center Stork on short term IR with a concussion, don't underestimate impact on Pats offense. Could be trouble for Brady.

@MikeGiardi: Prior to his leaving the practice field August 7th, Stork had looked far and away the best of any Pats offensive lineman

Dareus drooling?

Edited by YoloinOhio

yeesh - august 7th concussion, and short term IR... thats really not a good sign for how hes doing. you hate to hear about brain injuries being bad.

just a couple days ago, he said he planned to play tomorrow night. Now this. Seems like a severe concussion and they are not going to take any chances with his long term health.

Anyway... I know we say the Pats always prevail but if they do put a rookie there and his second assignment is a revved up Marcel Dareus on the road...well...

Doesn't look too bad considering the decades under the Pacific

Well as Butch Cassidy said, "The fall will probably kill ya!"

I assume you have heard this, and I don't think it's ever been proven or known for sure, but the story around Hollywood is Kenney jumped off the cliff because he didn't think he was very good, even though he wrote or co-wrote two of the greatest comedies of all time, Caddyshack and Animal House, not to mention co-founder of National Lampoon.

I assume you have heard this, and I don't think it's ever been proven or known for sure, but the story around Hollywood is Kenney jumped off the cliff because he didn't think he was very good, even though he wrote or co-wrote two of the greatest comedies of all time, Caddyshack and Animal House, not to mention co-founder of National Lampoon.

Didn't he die in the plane crash off Hawaii?

Didn't he die in the plane crash off Hawaii?

No he reportedly jumped off a cliff in Hawaii. Some say he just fell but most of his friends think he jumped. I think maybe he was at Chevy Chase's place or Chevy was the last to see him.

This is the wiki account...

"After the incident at the Caddyshack press conference, it became apparent that Kenney was ill. Kenney's close friend Chevy Chase tried taking him to Kauai, Hawaii, hoping the relaxing environment would help him, but had to leave to get back to work. After Chase left, Kenney's girlfriend, Kathryn Walker, came to keep him company, but she also had to leave to get back to work. Kenney had called Chase and invited him to come back out, and Chase was getting ready to leave when he got a telephone call that his friend was missing.

Kenney died on August 27, 1980, aged 33, after falling from a 30-foot cliff called the Hanapepe Lookout. Police found his abandoned vehicle the following day; three days later, Kenney's body was discovered stuck between 2 jagged rocks at the bottom of the cliff. His death was classified as "accidental" by Kauai police.[2] About Kenney's death, Harold Ramis famously quipped that Kenney "probably fell while he was looking for a place to jump".

Found in Kenney's hotel room were notes for projects he had been planning, jokes, and an outline for a new movie. "We also found," Chevy Chase told Rolling Stone magazine, "written on the back of a hotel receipt, a bunch of random thoughts that included the reasons why he loved Kathryn, and a gag line: 'These last few days are among the happiest I've ever ignored.'"

National Lampoon's tribute to him was an editorial by Matty Simmons and a cartoon showing a sign next to the edge of a cliff with the inscription, "Doug Kenney Slipped Here."

I'd never wish an injury on anyone, but can I be glad?

There are plenty of people in my life whom I have wished severe injury upon. A few with which I tried to inflect said injury. A few that I have delivered minor injuries to - whether I ever wished it or not - and an equal number of ouchies received

But. I am not on the field, and I know no NFL player personally, so I wish none of them anything less than the best of health!

yeesh - august 7th concussion, and short term IR... thats really not a good sign for how hes doing. you hate to hear about brain injuries being bad.

Adrian Coxson, rookie WR that spent time with the Packers, had to retire this week after a Grade 3 concussion. Warned another blow to the head might kill him.

I hope Stork's isn't anywhere near as serious. I've had a couple of 'mild' concussions and those were bad enough.

Cocaine is a powerful drug.

I've had a couple of 'mild' concussions and those were bad enough.

Me, too.

I think I have significant brain damage, honestly.

It can probably be tied to my love for the Bills.

Me, too.

I think I have significant brain damage, honestly.

It can probably be tied to my love for the Bills.

I've been trying to follow the CTE stuff over the past couple of years. I'm genuinely a little terrified of how my reckless abandon in my younger days will impact my later years.

I had Post Concussion Syndrome for about 18 months. This was at 14-15 years old.

Edited by Blokestradamus

I've been trying to follow the CTE stuff over the past couple of years. I'm genuinely a little terrified of how my reckless abandon in my younger days will impact my later years.

I had Post Concussion Syndrome for about 18 months. This was at 14-15 years old.

18 months?!

or do you mean 18 weeks?

Edited by LeGOATski

18 months?!

or do you mean 18 weeks?

It was around 18 months. It's rare but not unheard of. Most cases last a few weeks at most.

I didn't lose consciousness and the intial symptoms weren't terrible. Got progressively worse and lingered for well over a year. It was more annoying than anything else after a while.