Brandon Spikes and Mike Williams Suspended by NFL

26CornerBlitz

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13610909/brandon-spikes-five-free-agents-suspended

Free-agent linebacker Brandon Spikes, who spent a portion of the 2015 offseason with the New England Patriots, has been suspended for the first four weeks of the 2015 season, according to a league source.

Another former Bill, wide receiver Mike Williams, was also suspended, as he will miss the first six weeks of the 2015 NFL season for an undisclosed issue. Williams, a once-promising wideout for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, played in nine games for Buffalo last season but managed just eight receptions.

None but it doesn't matter. Even players that aren't on rosters get drug tested. Refusing or missing a test is also considered to be a positive, even if you aren't under contract with a club.

Marrone ruined yet another young Man.

In retrospect bringing him in, letting him start and the sitting him after the touchdown catch was a bit off.

He seemed like he wanted to play football when first brought in to the Bills. said the right things. Coulda been a nice story honestly

Marrone ruined yet another young Man.

In retrospect bringing him in, letting him start and the sitting him after the touchdown catch was a bit off.

He seemed like he wanted to play football when first brought in to the Bills. said the right things. Coulda been a nice story honestly

Mike Williams ruined Mike Williams. I can criticize Marrone for 100 things, but MW is not one of them. Marrone didn't make Williams act like a complete ass when he lived in Tampa and had loud parties and disrespected the rental house he had or his well to do neighbors. It wasn't Marrone's fault that the guy stopped playing hard once he got a big contract.

Mike Williams ruined Mike Williams. I can criticize Marrone for 100 things, but MW is not one of them. Marrone didn't make Williams act like a complete ass when he lived in Tampa and had loud parties and disrespected the rental house he had or his well to do neighbors. It wasn't Marrone's fault that the guy stopped playing hard once he got a big contract.

He never got a big contract from Buffalo. He had a prove it contract. and Doug just plain shut him down. He never started again, and he still said the right things.

Maroon and he supposedly had this big talk and ironed out the differences from SU

I am not sure how much is out there about how the WRs kinda talked down about the coaching from whats his name after he was gone. and the Bills WRs looked like idiots sometimes with route running. Not just Mike.

I think Dougie just made it no fun at all for players.

agreed Wiliams screwed himself in Miami though.

but loud parties makes bad player? Lack of work ethic maybe though!

Edited by 3rdand12

I think the goal is for them to be roughly the intended length and not a de facto lifetime ban for fringe free agents.

I get it but unless they are actually not being signed because they are suspended and teams are waiting until they're not - it isn't really a punishment. Not an easy policy to write because as you say - you don't want to ruin their career.

I get it but unless they are actually not being signed because they are suspended and teams are waiting until they're not - it isn't really a punishment. Not an easy policy to write because as you say - you don't want to ruin their career.

if they are great, they are signed and will sit as required.

if they are moderately good and not signed because of it -- they are essentially just serving the suspension without a jersey and likely signed mid season. seems a good thing.

if they are bad and just not signed because of skill -- they likely are never going to serve it anyway, so no big deal if it clocks out while they are stocking grocery shelves.

honestly, while it may not read perfect at first glance, its not too shabby in practice.

if they are great, they are signed and will sit as required.

if they are moderately good and not signed because of it -- they are essentially just serving the suspension without a jersey and likely signed mid season. seems a good thing.

if they are bad and just not signed because of skill -- they likely are never going to serve it anyway, so no big deal if it clocks out while they are stocking grocery shelves.

honestly, while it may not read perfect at first glance, its not too shabby in practice.

Damn, another 16 game suspension for Alex Tanney..