Which team is the most overrated in the NFL for 2015?

eball

I'm going with the Fish -- and truthfully they could be the pick almost every year. They are the antithesis of the Bills when it comes to preseason prognostication.

[insert year here] is the year Miami could emerge to unseat the Pats***

I'm not buying it. Mr. Milquetoast extraordinaire is still the head coach, and that team still isn't mentally tough. They also have a questionable offensive line, running game, and linebacking corps.

On the plus side I think their schedule (particularly early) is favorable, so they'll probably do their usual thing of getting to two or three games above .500 before November and then sliding back to 8-8.

My thinking could obviously be changed after week 1, but I think the Colts are.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Bradford is going to have a really big year for the eagles.

I like what I have seen of Bradford in the Eagles offense in the limited pre-season action, but what is the over/under on games he plays before injury takes him out? Not wishing this on him, but Sanchez is the back up, so they could go from pretty good to mediocre really fast.

Until they prove otherwise - The Bills

1. unproven QB, with a bad backup QB and an even worse one playing 3rd string

2. unproven Offensive line

3. Questionable depth on defense

4. Starting CB out

5. LBers are very concerning

6. Several key players on offense are just a straw from going nuts (Mccoy, Haven, Woods)

7. Lots of injuries

8. Rex hasn't done much for a while and already proving to act like his psycho self in NYC

Besides our Buffalo Bills fan site, more analysts are predicting average or less for the Bills. So I am not sure they qualify as overrated, at least to non-Bills fans. I have to go with the Colts...

Edited by ricojes

Patriots. They're in for a crash back down to earth this year.

Yeah, they are possible as well. That is not a very good football team. They have a pretty good front 7, Gronk, Edleman, Brady and coaching but have lots of holes. If they were 8-8 I would not be shocked.

Besides our Buffalo Bills fan site, more analysts are predicting average or less for the Bills. So I am not sure they qualify as overrated, at least to non-Bills fans. I have to go with the Colts...

The Bills are projected to have 8.5 wins in Vegas and they won 9 last year. I don't think that they are overrated if people think that they can win 10 games. I think that the over/under win total is really important when considering overrated teams. Who is projected to win a bunch of games that is not very good?

Going with both NFC east teams, I think cowboys and eagles

I agree with the Cowgirls, they are overrated by everyone yearly, their fans are the worst. Also, living in MD the last 8 years the REDSKINS fans are delusional. Hopefully nobody gets offended I typed out REDSKINS.

Yeah, they are possible as well. That is not a very good football team. They have a pretty good front 7, Gronk, Edleman, Brady and coaching but have lots of holes. If they were 8-8 I would not be shocked.

The Bills are projected to have 8.5 wins in Vegas and they won 9 last year. I don't think that they are overrated if people think that they can win 10 games. I think that the over/under win total is really important when considering overrated teams. Who is projected to win a bunch of games that is not very good?

Our strength of schedule kills us every year. I can't remeber the last time we had an easy go. Last year we finally started winning games within the division. That will be important yet again.

Eagles by far.

Media sees the Madden numbers from the preseason and lose their minds.

They ignore that they have players on that team that are talented but made of single pane glass like Bradford, Thurmond, Alonso, Ryans.

Been hearing that about the Patriots since 2012.

Everyone says that but they are subtracting their 2 starting corners (one of who is the best in the game) and replacing them with castoffs. They lost Vereen who was a valuable option out of the backfield, their OL seems to have regressed, Lafell is out half of the year and Edleman is beat up. When you dig down into it they have lots of problems. I do not subscribe to the theory "they are New England so they are automatically good." The entire division improved while they regressed. That alone will have an impact on their record. I am saying 9-7 or 10-6 for New England.

This year I am more excited then ever to see how it all shakes out. It's not at all because of the Bills, but the entire league is in flux. Seattle and Green Bay are the only ones I would put money in on stock wise. Indianapolis is volatile and while they'll win in a crap division so many other divisions, NFCS, AFCN are just mediocre.

I can't think of 6 teams for both conferences to make the playoffs within the rules.

Arizona, I think they are going to take a step back. My close second would be the phish.

For some reason I am starting to come around that the Eagles will be a good team. I think Bradford was a huge get for them.

Britlle Brad. Lol.

Brittle Brad and Glassy Goodwin were not meant to play in the national football leauge.