Perhaps OT? Timmy Graham's Twitter Pillow Fight

eball

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Always amazes me how people let their soft underbelly get exposed by this essentially meaningless fluff. :lol:

Just because you only care about what happens on the field does not mean that other people shouldn't care about that AND the people in the organization that has no affect on the field. You're ridiculing people for having a different set of things they care about when it's just an opinion on how people should act. So what if it doesn't affect anything on the field or wins or losses. No one is saying it does.

Wasn't this post supposed to be about, in some way shape or form, the absurdity of Coller (who I actually do like) using his college baseball days as a point of reference on a talk show? He's not a former athlete in the media like, say, a Steve Tasker or Ray Bentley, who I'd listen to if they wanted to draw a parallel to their playing days.

Furthermore, the past week's instance wasn't the first time MC has pulled out the "I was a player, dude" card:

https://twitter.com/MatthewWGR/status/630903103865364480

I just think its very disingenuous and smacks of egotism. Graham certainly went over the top, but he proved his point. I'm sure Coller won't be recalling his playing days on-air henceforth.

Yes, sometimes you just gotta lay waste to the arguer pronto rather than engage in an argument with an idiot...............and so he did with good ol' Hoops. :oops:

You mean like your ongoing need to justify and discuss the meaningless fluff? :lol:

Ooooh that Tim Graham makes you so mad!! :censored::lol:

Why does this thread exist? What difference does it make if TG is full of crap? Is there really a need to play Sir Walter Raleigh? Should we put our cloaks across a puddle for Whaley to cross? Is he a damsel in distress?

I look at Whaley and see an aggressive GM. He used 2 number 1 draft choices on a receiver and signed a running qb who is now the starter. This may or may not work. Meanwhile, he has earned millions of dollars. As far as I'm concerned he can fend for himself. If the Bills lose he will be canned. If they win, who's better than him? Was this a "rogue" move? Maybe, maybe not.

What I can tell you is that if you go to divorce court tomorrow and lose a half a million dollars, Whaley won't be bursting into the court room defending your honor.

End of rant.

Just because you only care about what happens on the field does not mean that other people shouldn't care about that AND the people in the organization that has no affect on the field. You're ridiculing people for having a different set of things they care about when it's just an opinion on how people should act. So what if it doesn't affect anything on the field or wins or losses. No one is saying it does.

You are right......I am ridiculing it.

Mainly because people on here are generating unrealistic, BS arguments to justify their anxieties.

This is what I have always preached against on this board.

It's the territory of the PTR's and the CBiscuits and promoting these phobias.....irrational fears........creates an environment where you can't discuss actual football. The game on the field and the things that actually make the difference between success and failure.

Yes, sometimes you just gotta lay waste to the arguer pronto rather than engage in an argument with an idiot...............and so he did with good ol' Hoops. :oops:

Ooooh that Tim Graham makes you so mad!! :censored::lol:

Sorry, I don't follow the Tim Grahams of the world around like you do or throw hissy fits over which player gets cut from a football team.

Keep crusading though...you're doing some mighty important work here! :lol:

You are right......I am ridiculing it.

Mainly because people on here are generating unrealistic, BS arguments to justify their anxieties.

This is what I have always preached against on this board.

It's the territory of the PTR's and the CBiscuits and promoting these phobias.....irrational fears........creates an environment where you can't discuss actual football. The game on the field and the things that actually make the difference between success and failure.

Don't you think the infighting and personality clash of Marrone and Whaley infected some stuff that eventually made its way onto the field, and more importantly led to Marrone's departure, which led to Rex and Roman's hiring which dramatically affected what is on the field?

Good for you for being a rational human being then.

I don't "follow" anybody but if I did and I didn't like their work I would stop.

I wouldn't be tweeting back or having them as my avatar. That's ludicrous.

YES.......I think that was EXACTLY what he LITERALLY meant.

But the fact that somebody might take any of the secondary meanings........even the "anal sex" angle, doesn't hurt clicks.

Much of his audience leads a life very much about entertainment.......sports viewing, twitter following, "fantasy" sports playing......he has to take that into account.........why people act like this is life or death business I have no idea.

As a casual observer, some people seem to have a narrow perception of what they believe to be 'truth'.

Haters hate because their thin ice belief in that truth is somehow threatened.

It's just a game.

Hatred for Tim Graham?

Really?

Sheesh.

This is the same irrationality as what is posted here about Sully.

These people are paid to sell newspapers, generate discussion, and mouse clicks.

Take it all with a grain of salt.

Life is too short.

Edited by Beerbelly

Always amazes me how people let their soft underbelly get exposed by this essentially meaningless fluff. :lol:

No, there are people here who understand things besides football, and can have a conversation about those things, without it being about wins and losses.

You are so lost in this conversation, it's hard to believe you stayed in for so long.

Tim Graham comes across as combative, vengeful, and not very intelligent. If one of my employees were posting social media comments like Tim does, they would be looking for a new job. Wake up Buffalo News.

He does at times, that's for sure. But he also brings eyeballs to the BNs website. And with declining circulation/readership, his bosses are more likely to give him a raise than fire him.

Don't you think the infighting and personality clash of Marrone and Whaley infected some stuff that eventually made its way onto the field, and more importantly led to Marrone's departure, which led to Rex and Roman's hiring which dramatically affected what is on the field?

I don't think the media was to blame for any of that.

And the result was the most wins in a decade.

If Tim Graham doesn't say it......does that make it not so?

Shooting the messenger might alleviate some phobias but it isn't going to resolve a problem if it exists.

In fact, it's probably better that the Pegula's realize there may be a little dissension in the ranks so they can address it before it festers.

Yes....exactly.

A very vocal minority of fans are pissed because they care about the national perception of the team/organization.......and so they are coming up with all these convoluted ideas about journalistic integrity and how he should edit the words of his source.

Literally contradicting themselves in an attempt to justify their disappointment.

He merely reported what his source within the organization said.

The question is should they really care about that national perception?

It's meaningless.

Has no impact on results on the field.

If you want a higher/more esteemed national profile the team will have to earn it on the field anyway.

Winners are respected and admired.....losers are rejected and ridiculed.

Respect has to be earned......it's not going to be given on spec.

The Pollyannas can't help it, their heroes can do no wrong. Even in the rare occasions when the heroes make a mistake, it wasn't their fault, cause they were trying real hard and nobody's perfect. Or it was all Marrone's fault anyways, cause he's not here anymore. TG should've known better than to piss the Pollys off like this, I hope he doesn't lose his job. :(

The Pollyannas can't help it, their heroes can do no wrong. Even in the rare occasions when the heroes make a mistake, it wasn't their fault, cause they were trying real hard and nobody's perfect. Or it was all Marrone's fault anyways, cause he's not here anymore. TG should've known better than to piss the Pollys off like this, I hope he doesn't lose his job. :(

:blink::blink::blink::blink:

What does any of this have to do with the topic? Like BADO you seem to be talking about something else, entirely.

Perhaps, like BADO (or so it seems) you have no real interest in this topic, as it is unrelated to winning football games. Fair enough, but there are other things worth discussion, in the world, and on this board. And it's sort of odd for guys with no interest in the topic, to keep commenting.

No, there are people here who understand things besides football, and can have a conversation about those things, without it being about wins and losses.

You are so lost in this conversation, it's hard to believe you stayed in for so long.

The feeling is MORE than mutual. :lol:

Maybe you should be more vocal about your anxieties and just let them out here whenever anyone questions the organization.

It's worked for a lot of people here the past 15 years.

Memo to Tim Graham......no longer accept and relay direct quotes from members of the organization......to do some may endanger unicorns and the eclipse rainbows that have heretofore obscured the factory of excuses. :thumbsup:

I don't think the media was to blame for any of that.

And the result was the most wins in a decade.

If Tim Graham doesn't say it......does that make it not so?

Shooting the messenger might alleviate some phobias but it isn't going to resolve a problem if it exists.

In fact, it's probably better that the Pegula's realize there may be a little dissension in the ranks so they can address it before it festers.

I don't think the media is to blame for any of it either. But it's news and it's off the field bickering and it came to affect the on the field stuff, which is wins and losses. And actually made the Bills a better team. So it's worthy of discussion.

The feeling is MORE than mutual. :lol:

Maybe you should be more vocal about your anxieties and just let them out here whenever anyone questions the organization.

It's worked for a lot of people here the past 15 years.

Memo to Tim Graham......no longer accept and relay direct quotes from members of the organization......to do some may endanger unicorns and the eclipse rainbows that have heretofore obscured the factory of excuses. :thumbsup:

I think you have gone 'round the bend. You continue to delude yourself this discussion is Bills focused--or at least that it is for me. I don't see too many people bringing Bills wins and loses into the discussion. You seem lost in a discussion not about football.

I don't think the media is to blame for any of it either. But it's news and it's off the field bickering and it came to affect the on the field stuff, which is wins and losses. And actually made the Bills a better team. So it's worthy of discussion.

Anything might have a tangential impact on wins and loses. But I don't think that was ever what this thread was about.

So "journalism" is going to be like the Inquirer?

Didn't say that at all. His stories are very good, probably the one thing both sides of this debate can agree on. His non-stop banter with followers, followed by posting links to articles helps bring in readers.