Practice Squad eligible list

YoloinOhio

A player can be eligible if he does not have an accrued season in the NFL, although the NFL has now approved a maximum of two spots on the PS for players with no more than two accrued seasons. To have an accrued season, you have to be active for at least six regular-season games. A player can also go to the practice squad with an accrued season provided they were on the 45-man active roster for less than nine-regular season games.

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2014/8/29/6077941/nfl-practice-squad-rules-eligibility-salary-deadline

I don't see how Robey is possibly eligible since he was active all 16 games the last 2 years. I haven't checked the others, but I don't think that list is right.

Manuel has played in 15 games

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2014/8/29/6077941/nfl-practice-squad-rules-eligibility-salary-deadline

I don't see how Robey is possibly eligible since he was active all 16 games the last 2 years. I haven't checked the others, but I don't think that list is right.

Based on this it looks like he is eligible for one of the 2 spots for "players with no more than two accrued seasons". It seems like you can qualify under 3 scenarios: No accrued seasons, 1 accrued season but on the active roster less than 9 games, or no more than 2 accrued seasons (max of 2 of these). Also, you can keep an international player who lives outside the U.S.

Edited by HalftimeAdjustment

Based on this it looks like he is eligible for one of the 2 spots for "players with no more than two accrued seasons". It seems like you can qualify under 3 scenarios: No accrued seasons, 1 accrued season but on the active roster less than 9 games, or no more than 2 accrued seasons (max of 2 of these). Also, you can keep an international player who lives outside the U.S.

That makes more sense. I read that as A) No accrued season or B) One accrued season, but less than 9 games played total.

Way more players have eligibility than I expected, wow.

They changed the rules last year to allow more people eligibility to the PS.

Basically every player going into their 3rd year is eligible now no matter how many games they played.

Plus expanded the rest of the rules.

If you are on IR I don't believe it is an accrued season, which explains some of the players that previously wouldn't be eligible anymore.

Edited by 1B4IDie

Yet some of our "radio hosts" have seen enough of EJ to know that he's NO GOOD and can't get better!! Yet, one in particular, is curious to see if Tebow progressed enough to make Eagles roster. Tebow CAN progress but EJ can't.

The problem with the rule changes is that anyone who played a lot, performed well, and got injured can make the PS. However, once they're healthy, if you want to keep them you better activate them or risk seeing another team grab them. Which raises the question of how you effectively hide they're being healthy from a team who senses someone should be okay by now based on the nature of their injury, as in Goodwin's ribs. IR can become a safer option in this regard.