Real football starts today!!

Kirby Jackson

Rumors abound that Cardale Jones will be getting the 1st team reps. Tonight is a great chance to watch NFL players all over the field (despite the suspensions). This Buckeyes team has as much pro talent as just about any team that's ever played. Could have 5 or 6 1sts next year (and that doesn't even include the incredible young talent).

I watched a portion of the Temple/Penn St game. I was stunned at how awful Hackenberg looked. In his freshman year under O'brien I thought that he was going to be a terrific pro prospect a couple years down the line. From what I saw Hack seemed shell shocked and devoid of any confidence. Last year I thought Penn St's OL was awful. It's still very early but the OL looks to be sub par again. Its struggles is having not only a physical effect on Hack but also a psychological effect on him. In this game (the portion I watched) the qb seemed gun shy and went to the dump pass rather quickly.

Rumors abound that Cardale Jones will be getting the 1st team reps. Tonight is a great chance to watch NFL players all over the field (despite the suspensions). This Buckeyes team has as much pro talent as just about any team that's ever played. Could have 5 or 6 1sts next year (and that doesn't even include the incredible young talent).

I know you follow LSU and the SEC. Is Arkansas going to be the surprise team in that very rugged league?

For me one of the most interesting story-lines in the SEC is Chad Kelly at Mississippi. It would be a compelling story of redemption for a player who had attitude and maturity problems who then turns it around to be a good player in a high level conference and becomes a very responsible young man.

I know you follow LSU and the SEC. Is Arkansas going to be the surprise team in that very rugged league?

For me one of the most interesting story-lines in the SEC is Chad Kelly at Mississippi. It would be a compelling story of redemption for a player who had attitude and maturity problems who then turns it around to be a good player in a high level conference and becomes a very responsible young man.

I like Arkansas quite a bit this year. I think that they have a shot to win the SEC West. They should have beaten 'Bama last year and were better than their record. I'm not as high on Auburn as everyone else.

Ole Miss is interesting because they have some great talent. Kelly looked good the other day but I'm not a believer that will keep up. They really fell apart last year when Treadwell went down (mind you Wallace was terrible). That is an unbelievable division again though.

well you won so its all good.

Wonder what Barrett is going to do, can't see him staying with Jones starting?

he will play plenty this year IMO. Barrett also has 2 years eligibility left and jones probably gone after this year. Edited by YoloinOhio