Losman bashers are literally clueless

Albany,n.y.

clueless

adj : totally uninformed about what is going on; not having even a clue from which to infer what is occurring

Unless you have seen JP Losman every day, like the Bills coaches & fellow players have, then you really do not have a clue as to his abilities. Watching him in a few mop up appearances and drawing any conclusion is again, clueless. I must also admit that anyone who supports JP, like I do, is also clueless.

However, there are people who are not clueless to the situation. Those people are Sam Wyche, Tom Clements, Mike Mularkey, Tom Donahoe and offensive players like Eric Moulds. Moulds has gone on record with some very positive statements about what he has seen of Losman. If the coaches & GM believe that JP can start next year without the team going backwards, their opinion is a lot more informed than you, me or John Clayton-who has probably seen less of him than anyone here.

The informed have basically lived with both JP & Drew for the past year or so. Let's trust their opinions over the clueless bunch (basically all of us) that has formed an opinion, one way or another, with very little information.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

clueless

adj : totally uninformed about what is going on; not having even a clue from which to infer what is occurring

Unless you have seen JP Losman every day, like the Bills coaches & fellow players have, then you really do not have a clue as to his abilities.  Watching him in a few mop up appearances and drawing any conclusion is again, clueless.  I must also admit that anyone who supports JP, like I do, is also clueless.

However, there are people who are not clueless to the situation. Those people are Sam Wyche, Tom Clements, Mike Mularkey, Tom Donahoe and offensive players like Eric Moulds.  Moulds has gone on record with some very positive statements about what he has seen of Losman.  If the coaches & GM believe that JP can start next year without the team going backwards, their opinion is a lot more informed than you, me or John Clayton-who has probably seen less of him than anyone here. 

The informed have basically lived with both JP & Drew for the past year or so.  Let's trust their opinions over the clueless bunch (basically all of us) that has formed an opinion, one way or another, with very little information.

237133[/snapback]

Come on now- Crakur and NJ Sue know way more then Wyche, Mularkey, TD, Clements and Moulds combined :P

:I starred in Brokeback Mountain: to all who refer to JP as JP loserman!

Go JP!

Check out his performance in The preseason game vs. Denver, he looked great for his short stint. In sounds o fhte game, you even hear mike shannahan saying "wow, we really got a football player on our hands..." in regards to Losman.

OLD JP ARTICLE

Rookie Profiles: J.P. Losman

by Tim Secor

The best part of fantasy football besides winning championships, for me, is watching film and evaluating talent. I tend to watch a ton of film on the big name players and even more on lesser known players hoping to find those hidden gems that could turn out to be fantasy studs. As the season gets closer and closer, you will hear more and more about players like Ran Carthon and Kerry Colbert. Let’s start out this year’s fantasy profiles with the QB’s. We all know about Eli Manning. He will be an instant fantasy performer and probable stud. Same goes for Ben Roethlisberger, so I will not bore you with a profile that you can read 30 times anywhere around the internet. Ill start out with J.P. Losman, who should lead off the 2nd round as the first QB taken by the Giants if they elect to forego Big Ben or Eli Manning.

J.P Losman- Tulane

J.P or Jonathan Losman is one of those players that have so much upside; he will probably be drafted a bit higher than he should. That is not to say this kid is overrated, but I think he is a few years away from starting. Last year, Chris Simms of Texas fell to the third round and was drafted by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. I feel Simms is better than Losman in many areas, but teams are so enamored with Losman’s arm strength, toughness and mobility, somebody will take him a bit earlier than expected. Losman is also very, very confident and borders on arrogant sometimes, but he is a great teammate to have in the huddle.

What type of player is J.P Losman?

This kid defines the term “tough”. He is a player who will not let the big hit intimidate him. He is a guy who loves to compete and he wants to be the leader on and off the field. He has a very strong arm, maybe the best in this QB class and some scouts compare his arm to Jeff George’s. George has one of those rare arms that only come around once every few years. Losman has that type of ability. He can make any throw possible including the tough deep out pattern that coaches love to use in the NFL. Losman has a very quick release and is ultra competitive. He does need work on his mechanics and his defensive recognition that is why I say he may take a year or two before he starts. He tries to force the ball into places he shouldn’t. If he takes these chances in the NFL, he will lead the league in interceptions every year.

Losman was very productive his junior and senior seasons, as a senior, he threw for over 3000-yards with 33 TD’s and 14 int’s. A few of his 14 int’s came on Hail Mary passes at the end of a half, so his interception number is a bit inflated for how well he played. He also rushed for two TD’s as a senior which brought his career rushing TD total to 10. As a junior he threw for just under 2500-yards and 19TD’s. The positive thing to focus on is his improvement from his junior to senior season.

I also liked the fact he worked out at the combine. He ran a 4.73 forty yard dash and had a 33” vertical leap. He was also impressive at the Senior Bowl until the game started. He finished the day 5-11 for 53-yards. He didn’t pass the ball well, but he did display a very strong arm and good pocket awareness.

What is Losman’s fantasy value?

I am not sure Losman has any this year. He could be a guy who starts in 2005 after sitting on the bench a year and learning much like Carson Palmer did his rookie season. I have heard the Bills, Giants, Steelers and Chargers are all interested in this kid. If he goes to any of the teams mentioned, he will be in a great spot to learn and then take over the starting gig in 2005. I think the Chargers are the only team he could start for this year, but that seems like a long shot because they have Eli Manning in their sights. Basically I like Losman as a QB and a competitor. I think he will have a ton of fantasy value next year and definitely the year after. If you have a rookie draft and he goes to a great situation, pick him up and hope for the best. He could be a dynasty league gem.

Here's another old article about JP

JP Losman

Quarterback - Position Rank: #4

Tulane

6'2" - 217 lbs

4.68 - Pro Day 40

Other than big Ben R-Berger, the quarterback with the most overall athletic ability just might be Tulane's JP Losman. Big and agile, with good speed, Losman can make all the throws and has good accuracy to go along with the all-important ability to maintain that accuracy while on the move. Unfortunately, he doesn't always play like his breakdowns and profiles say he should. He's simply not as productive as he should be. Perhaps that's merely a by-product of playing on a subpar team, but there seems to be something bigger afoot. Something more wrong. Losman might end up a coach-killer, a guy who can have big games, and tease a coach to the ultimate ruin of both careers. See Rob Johnson.

by Bradley Warshauer

I promise to LMAO at all of you fools when loseman fails like I expect him to do. :P

237203[/snapback]

Sue I really dont understand your stance here.....

Do you just "want to be right" so you hope that Losman will fail? I truly hope that is not the case as you are one of the mainstays on this board

Or

Do you have some sort of "loyalty" to Drew Bledsoe and dont like the way he is being treated on the board so you fill the need to trash Losman in response....

I WILL say this and I mean no disrespect to you....but YOU HAD BETTER HOPE TO GOD AS A BILLS FAN.....that Losman does in fact turn out to be a good QB for us.....because

a. Regardless of what happens with Bledsoe this year.....he hold pretty much no future with the bills. His time is essentially done because even if he stays it will either be in a backup role OR he will get yanked at the first sign of trouble....management has absolutley no confidence in him

b. We invested A LOT in John Paul Losman.....just like we did Rob Johnson.....if god forbid he did fall on his face it would set this team back another 3-4 years.

As a bills fan I would think you would be rooting for him to succeed. We all want the same thing and that is a ring.

Yet another JP profile

NFL Draft Profile - J.P. Losman

Team: Buffalo Bills

Round: One

Selection: 22

Position: Quarterback

School: Tulane

Year: Senior

Height: 6-2

Weight: 217

High School: Venice (Venice, California)

2003 Second-Team All-Conference USA selection...After finishing with 19 touchdowns and 10 interceptions as a junior, Losman racked up 33 scores and 14 picks as a senior...Threw only 27 interceptions in 987 career passing attempts, the lowest percetage in school history...Losman has an NFL body, as he bench presses 370 pounds and runs a respectable 4.8 40-yard dash...Has a quick release resulting in a tight spiral with plenty of zip...While he has accomplished a great deal, Losman takes well to coaching...Has proven capable of throwing on the run and keeping his poise under pressure...Sometimes holds the ball too long, taking a sack rather than throwing the ball away...Shows a great desire to improve and lead...While not in the upper echelon of QBs (Manning, Roethlisberger, Rivers) in this draft, he may be the first one among the second tier signal-callers and may still here his name called in the late first-round, early-second round area.