I can't see EJ being moved to 3rd string.

Tipster19

I like him, I like everything about him and would love to see him being the face of this franchise.

Admittedly I haven't seen much of Taylor, due to not living in the region anymore and not having any cable service. If Taylor is better than so be it but I just feel that EJ is us and represents everything that I would want in a Bills' QB, hard working, great attitude and just a quality kid all the way around from what I can tell.

What I'm not too thrilled about with Taylor is that he seems a bit undersized to me, kind of frail. He reminds me a bit of Michael Vick, quick to use his feet. I must say that that isn't the kind of QB that I like, I much prefer a QB that is more of a passer and has mobility. Maybe that is Taylor but I just don't know that as of now.

Anyways my main point is that I can't imagine that EJ has fallen that much from grace, being a former 1st rd pick to being moved back further, to a 3rd stringer, especially after what he was allowed to show this off and preseason. What I am saying is that if EJ is NOT the starter or at least the 2nd stringer than I don't believe that he will be on this team much longer. I don't believe that he'll be cut due to his contract but rather traded.

I have been getting the sense that since Rex has gotten here he has been replacing our players with his guys or players that he has been coveting. Of course this is just all my opinion, not built on any kind of facts but more just on intuition.

I can't see EJ being moved to 3rd string.

He wasn't moved to 3rd string, he's been 3rd-string for awhile now. If he started training camp at the level he's showed yesterday & maintained it, there wouldn't be any question of who would be starting Week 1. Bad break for him also that Taylor's looked so good

??? I don't understand what you mean by that.

I can't see this thread staying open for long, as there are a good number in progress where this could have been posted. I didn't even notice it was you, Tipster. The mods have been in a closing frenzy of late. But maybe you get by because it's late Sunday night. You should know better, IMO.

He wasn't moved to 3rd string, he's been 3rd-string for awhile now. If he started training camp at the level he's showed yesterday & maintained it, there wouldn't be any question of who would be starting Week 1. Bad break for him also that Taylor's looked so good

According to rumor.

I can't see this thread staying open for long, as there are a good number in progress where this could have been posted. I didn't even notice it was you, Tipster. The mods have been in a closing frenzy of late. But maybe you get by because it's late Sunday night. You should know better, IMO.

I haven't been around for quite some time, at least posting. I just skim topics, read a little of them. I relocated and like I mentioned earlier I don't really have any television, cable etc. I can't read these monster threads from an IPhone or I'll go blind. I'm not trying for any kind of sensationalism, just voicing some of my 2 cents. Btw, there isn't much of ANY kind of topics that hasn't been started, discussed or reflected on a billion times on this board already so what's another?

I think EJ either starts or is back-up to T-Mobile and Cassel goes to #3...I'd actually like to see Taylor start with EJ backing up and Simms to PS with Cassel cut/traded...Taylor only took off running 1 time in Saturdays game for a 20 yard TD, compared to Cassel running once for a 6 yard gain with some superman leap thing he did that could've got him killed..

I haven't been around for quite some time, at least posting. I just skim topics, read a little of them. I relocated and like I mentioned earlier I don't really have any television, cable etc. I can't read these monster threads from an IPhone or I'll go blind. I'm not trying for any kind of sensationalism, just voicing some of my 2 cents. Btw, there isn't much of ANY kind of topics that hasn't been started, discussed or reflected on a billion times on this board already so what's another?

Holy crap. You have my sympathy, especially this time of year. I doubt the thread lasts past the AM, but what do I know. I hope for your sake it does.

I was surprised EJ made 3rd string, too. When Simms was signed, I presumed he would be slated for 3rd QB and EJ would be released or traded. To my pleasant surprise, EJ really showed moxie and earned a roster spot. As far as 3rd string QBs go, I'd say he's probably the best in the league.

I know that he's been 3rd string so far but what I'm talking about is when the season starts. If that's to happen then I think that there's a very good chance that that will ruin the kid and his career of ever being a prominent QB in this league and then he'll be no good to nobody, us or any other team.

I was surprised EJ made 3rd string, too. When Simms was signed, I presumed he would be slated for 3rd QB and EJ would be released or traded. To my pleasant surprise, EJ really showed moxie and earned a roster spot. As far as 3rd string QBs go, I'd say he's probably the best in the league.

based on his play so far this preseason a case could be made that he might be one of the best 2nd STRINGER's in the league.......

The problem with being a backup......the first choice is not to give you a chance to prove it.

Tyrod Taylor has looked better though

based on his play so far this preseason a case could be made that he might be one of the best 2nd STRINGER's in the league.......

The problem with being a backup......the first choice is not to give you a chance to prove it.

Tyrod Taylor has looked better though

The good news for EJ is he has as good a shot as any 3rd QB in the league to see game time. If Taylor goes down to injury, or struggles to find a groove, than it's Meh or EJ. Meh would probably be the choice, but he'd be on a very short leash. A couple bad INTs and EJ could be on the field,.

Not the spot in the pecking order a QB strives for, but for a 3rd QB he's in a good spot.

I know that he's been 3rd string so far but what I'm talking about is when the season starts. If that's to happen then I think that there's a very good chance that that will ruin the kid and his career of ever being a prominent QB in this league and then he'll be no good to nobody, us or any other team.

I don't think it'll ruin him at all if he's not starting or even dressed to start the season (though I would have him 2nd string if it was up to me). For the first time in over a year (and ever for some people), it finally looks like he may become a quality QB. Let him develop a little more. If he keeps improving, it won't be long before he's playing.

I like him, I like everything about him and would love to see him being the face of this franchise.

Admittedly I haven't seen much of Taylor, due to not living in the region anymore and not having any cable service. If Taylor is better than so be it but I just feel that EJ is us and represents everything that I would want in a Bills' QB, hard working, great attitude and just a quality kid all the way around from what I can tell.

What I'm not too thrilled about with Taylor is that he seems a bit undersized to me, kind of frail. He reminds me a bit of Michael Vick, quick to use his feet. I must say that that isn't the kind of QB that I like, I much prefer a QB that is more of a passer and has mobility. Maybe that is Taylor but I just don't know that as of now.

Anyways my main point is that I can't imagine that EJ has fallen that much from grace, being a former 1st rd pick to being moved back further, to a 3rd stringer, especially after what he was allowed to show this off and preseason. What I am saying is that if EJ is NOT the starter or at least the 2nd stringer than I don't believe that he will be on this team much longer. I don't believe that he'll be cut due to his contract but rather traded.

I have been getting the sense that since Rex has gotten here he has been replacing our players with his guys or players that he has been coveting. Of course this is just all my opinion, not built on any kind of facts but more just on intuition.

You're worried about a quarterback that is not on the roster. I wouldn't want a scrambling quarterback with questionable throws either. That's not Tyrod. TT can make great throws from the pocket short, intermediate, and long. The last game he didn't go deep but he did in the Carolina game and has done so throughout training camp.

I think EJ either starts or is back-up to T-Mobile and Cassel goes to #3...I'd actually like to see Taylor start with EJ backing up and Simms to PS with Cassel cut/traded...Taylor only took off running 1 time in Saturdays game for a 20 yard TD, compared to Cassel running once for a 6 yard gain with some superman leap thing he did that could've got him killed..

I think that was a 3rd down play where the guy was trying to get a first down and save the drive. You can't blame him for diving/leaping there. At least he was trying. Not being willing to take a hit to try to move the chains is what caused Orton to lose respect with the fans last year. I don't think Cassel played very well compared to the other two top quarterbacks on the team, but you can't really knock him on his effort. He tried, just came up short.