Scott Walker proposes a wall along the Canadian border

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well, not surprisingly Bird dog's characterization of this is akin to the FB-meme-like chart's that he like's to post, meaning that it's devoid of reality. Did Scott Walker "propose" the idea to build a wall on the northern border? No.

However, this is just YET another moment for Scott Walker when he goes off script, he shows that he isn't ready for prime time. The idea that we would have to "look at it" because it's a "legitimate issue" is absurd.

I had Scott Walker as one of my top choices a couple months ago, but he has continuously flubbed, backtracked and waffled on a number of issues. Don't get me wrong, his stand on the public sector unions won all sorts of kudos from me but all off too often, he's showing that he just isn't up to the task. I'm not going to completely write him off, but he isn't one of my top tier choices anymore.

I view this whole thing as a horse race and Bush and Walker have now fallen off from the top of the pack. For the type of candidate that I am looking for, Rubio and Kasich are at the top with Fiorina making a strong push from the back.

I'd have to agree with this. Hopefully whoever wins will give Walker an appointment to head the NLRB.

not racism, anti-Canada-ism or more exactly anti-north of the 49th Parallel-ism no Canadian or Alaskan should be allowed to vote or hold office south of the 49th Parallel.

He's not allowed anyway. He was born in Canada, so he's not "natural born." So sayeth the birthers...

...wait, what? They don't say that?

He's not allowed anyway. He was born in Canada, so he's not "natural born." So sayeth the birthers...

...wait, what? They don't say that?

Give it some time, Trump will soon be questioning Cruz's place of birth.

In all seriousness, if there is one politician where Trump would get some backlash for personally attacking, Cruz would probably be the one. Although it will be interesting to see how Trump handles Ben Carson catching up to him in the Iowa polls.

Give it some time, Trump will soon be questioning Cruz's place of birth.

In all seriousness, if there is one politician where Trump would get some backlash for personally attacking, Cruz would probably be the one. Although it will be interesting to see how Trump handles Ben Carson catching up to him in the Iowa polls.

Probably by just letting him hang himself in the press. I'd be surprised if Carson doesn't flame out really quick. He's the new Bachman or Herman Cain

Taken out of context? Reading comprehension? Wow, your opinions are really not worth considering at all. What type of moron would even think this is worth any thought, discussion or time at all?

This has been part of my argument about Trump. It's not all about him, it's the fact that the rest of the GOP field is full of nobodies and losers

http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2015-08-30/scott-walker-building-a-wall-along-u-s-border-with-canada-a-legitimate-issue-

:doh:

To be honest, I was suprised after I read the deliberately inflammatory half truth thread title that is wasn't started by you.

Just because someone disagrees with your policy positions, doesn't make them a loser. I'd like to have Trump-like success any day of the week.

To be honest, I was suprised after I read the deliberately inflammatory half truth thread title that is wasn't started by you.

Just because someone disagrees with your policy positions, doesn't make them a loser. I'd like to have Trump-like success any day of the week.

if you want to get bogged down by semantics, so be it.

pro·pose
prəˈpōz/
verb
  1. 1.
    put forward (an idea or plan) for consideration or discussion by others.
    "he proposed a new nine-point peace plan"
    synonyms: put forward, suggest, submit, advance, offer, present, move, come up with, lodge, table, nominate
    "he proposed a solution"
    "this is a legitimate issue for us to look at" scotty, the wall, walker
    the definition is entirely consistent with what walker said. why don't you illustrate my error precisely?
Edited by birdog1960

No, it doesn't. It merits laughter. A 5000-mile wall on the Canadian border?

A "wall" on any border is at best useless, at worst counter-productive to security.

Not that I'm suggesting it, but while an actual wall would not work, a perimeter managed in the same way the perimeter to Federal lands in Southern Nevada are could work, assuming that the high priority in regards to man power was placed on natural corridors, and we used large amounts of cavalry to monitor other crossings and report locations.

if you want to get bogged down by semantics, so be it.

pro·pose
prəˈpōz/
verb
  1. put forward (an idea or plan) for consideration or discussion by others.
    "he proposed a new nine-point peace plan"
    synonyms: put forward, suggest, submit, advance, offer, present, move, come up with, lodge, table, nominate
    "he proposed a solution"
    "this is a legitimate issue for us to look at" scotty, the wall, walker
    the definition is entirely consistent with what walker said. why don't you illustrate my error precisely?

Very simple.

Why are we always talking about the southern border and building a fence there, we don’t talk about our northern border,” said Chuck Todd. “If this is about securing the border from Mus– securing the border from potentially terrorists coming over, do you want to build a wall north of the border too?”

Chuck Todd introduced the idea and asked Walker if he’d build a northern wall.

“Some people have asked us about that in New Hampshire, they’ve raised some very legitimate concerns including some law enforcement folks who brought that up to me at one of our town hall meetings about a week and a half ago, so that is a legitimate issue for us to look at,” Walker responded.

Though he didn’t refute the idea outright, Walker didn’t explicitly advocate for a wall to keep out northern crossers.

It is not about "semantics"....................it is about your false premise.

Edited by B-Man

Very simple.

Why are we always talking about the southern border and building a fence there, we don’t talk about our northern border,” said Chuck Todd. “If this is about securing the border from Mus– securing the border from potentially terrorists coming over, do you want to build a wall north of the border too?”

Chuck Todd introduced the idea and asked Walker if he’d build a northern wall.

“Some people have asked us about that in New Hampshire, they’ve raised some very legitimate concerns including some law enforcement folks who brought that up to me at one of our town hall meetings about a week and a half ago, so that is a legitimate issue for us to look at,” Walker responded.

Though he didn’t refute the idea outright, Walker didn’t explicitly advocate for a wall to keep out northern crossers.

It is not about "semantics"....................it is about your false premise.

so let me get this straight. one has to formulate an idea independently to propose it?

there's a movement to replace the current medical board testing system with something more valuable but less expensive and onerous. since you are a hospital suit, i hope you are aware of this fact. if i introduce the issue for debate at a medical staff meeting and state that it's a legitimate issue that we should look at, am i note proposing it??

i say i am. you say i'm not. you'd be incorrect.

I apologize for the rudeness.

Not sure you should have taken the title like you did. Maybe it was not exactly a perfect way to describe what Walker said but to latch onto that slight misnomer seemed to me obfuscation away from the main point.

so let me get this straight. one has to formulate an idea independently to propose it?

there's a movement to replace the current medical board testing system with something more valuable but less expensive and onerous. since you are a hospital suit, i hope you are aware of this fact. if i introduce the issue for debate at a medical staff meeting and state that it's a legitimate issue that we should look at, am i note proposing it??

i say i am. you say i'm not. you'd be incorrect.

You would be proposing to debate an issue while Walker was responding to a question. Are you always this obtuse or only when you are trying to defend a blatant misrepresentation on your part?

You would be proposing to debate an issue while Walker was responding to a question. Are you always this obtuse or only when you are trying to defend a blatant misrepresentation on your part?

so lets say there was discussion of the problems with the current system at the meeting and someone asked for possible solutions. I said "lets look at this alternative model".

your bias is towards either /or. mine is towards a spectrum of possibilities. to you that probably seems obtuse.

Edited by birdog1960

so lets say there was discussion of the problems with the current system at the meeting and someone asked for possible solutions. I said "lets look at this alternative model".

your bias is towards either /or. mine is towards a spectrum of possibilities. to you that probably seems obtuse.

Just admit that you are a partisan putz who isn't able to formulate an original coherent thought.

Just admit that you are a partisan putz who isn't able to formulate an original coherent thought.

just admit that the cons argument here is obfuscation as gator said. walker made a very stupid, infantile, pandering and unpresidential statement on national tv. it would be much more appropriate to loop it for 3 days worth of news cycles than dr dean's scream. then again, dean was an actual player in that election.