EJ for RG3? Please don't let this happen.

Agreed. My point, really, was that there were two, consensus top QB picks in those drafts and two were phenomenal while the other two were busts. Despite RG III's OROY, he's proven to be a bust...albeit not on the epic level of Ryan Leaf.

The difference being that Leaf brought it upon himself. It was entirely his doing. But it is tough to heap total blame on RG III when he did so well in his rookie year. Something is amiss here and I would guess that the Redskins organization is more to blame for where RG III is now - he is literally a broken player. In a way I feel bad for RG III because in his rookie year, he appeared to have good character and exciting skills. How great would it be for us fans if Luck and RG III had both panned out - different styles and fun to watch.

Edited by Fan in Chicago

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I always hated the draft trade, but not the player. That's because who was to say he wouldn't be good? The problem with the draft trade is: the ONLY way it makes sense is if he is the GOAT by a lot. It only took 1 pick to draft Kelly, Marino, Elway, Manning, Brady, Montana, etc. (....)

2. Albert Haynesworth(same thing on player vs scheme, but this guy had a terrible attitude, and they never even bothered to ask their own pro scouts)

Interesting take on the situation from Haynesworth himself. It was linked on this board before:

http://www.theplayerstribune.com/albert-haynesworth-letter-to-my-younger-self/

"

People are going to be all over you for your contract, and you’re going to feel really frustrated. You’re going to do some dumb things. But what people aren’t going to see is Mike Shanahan calling you into his office and saying, “Albert, we just want you to eat up space. All we want you to do is grab the center and let the linebackers run free.”

You’re going to look at this famous NFL head coach in total disbelief and say, “You want to pay me $100 million to grab the center?”

And he’s going to say, with a straight face, “Albert, if you have more than one sack this season, I’m going to be pissed.”

The last thing you’ll say before walking out of the office is, “Can’t you just pay someone $300,000 a year to do that?”

"

The Redskins will be lucky to get a 7th rd pick or cash considerations for him at this point with his cap number being what it is. I'm guessing he's not negotiable...EJ is way more valuable at this point.

I always hated the draft trade, but not the player. That's because who was to say he wouldn't be good? The problem with the draft trade is: the ONLY way it makes sense is if he is the GOAT by a lot. It only took 1 pick to draft Kelly, Marino, Elway, Manning, Brady, Montana, etc.

I got tons of crap for it on this board(I'm just waiting until this plays out, and when it does? Accountability thread).

elway was traded. we picked kelly with the browns pick from the cousineau trade.

Confounding and very frustrating... I have no idea how RG3's head got so far up his as$$.... Too soon for us to use the "B" word, but things aren't looking good at the moment..

His head has always been up his posterior.

He's an entitled brat.

Great college QB though. Won the Heisman I believe.

Redskins are the sink hole of the league and a colossal tire fire.

No thanks...but I can't help feel bad for RGIII. The Redskins have put on a clinic on how to destroy a promising rookie QB.

This, RGIII is damaged goods but a lot of that falls on the mishandling of him. Noway Shanny should of played him in that playoff game. He was clearly not healthy enough. You don't treat your franchise guy like that & put him into harms way. What Gruden did to him in that preseason game against the Lions was disgusting keeping him in there & letting him take the pounding the way he did. What a joke.

Interesting take on the situation from Haynesworth himself. It was linked on this board before:

http://www.theplayerstribune.com/albert-haynesworth-letter-to-my-younger-self/

"

People are going to be all over you for your contract, and you’re going to feel really frustrated. You’re going to do some dumb things. But what people aren’t going to see is Mike Shanahan calling you into his office and saying, “Albert, we just want you to eat up space. All we want you to do is grab the center and let the linebackers run free.”

You’re going to look at this famous NFL head coach in total disbelief and say, “You want to pay me $100 million to grab the center?”

And he’s going to say, with a straight face, “Albert, if you have more than one sack this season, I’m going to be pissed.”

The last thing you’ll say before walking out of the office is, “Can’t you just pay someone $300,000 a year to do that?”

"

A little revisionist history isn't it? Shananhan got there after he was already a bust and when he went to New England he didn't do anything there either.

I hope Buffalo doesn't bite on RG3. Washington having trade talks per ESPN ... I hope Buffalo is NOT in the mix.

Really?? Seriously??? That's not even a thought in Whaley's mind. He had his one good year until Shanahan ruined him after that. Yes, he could be successful here under the current coaching staff, but we're good with what we have. Don't need him. Pass on this one.

I wish the guy good luck with his new team.