Goodwin Status??

if it's not his ribs it's going to be something else every single game. the guy is built out of paper mache. i've never seen someone get hurt so much. instead of working on his long jump in the offseason why doesn't this guy hit the weight room and put on another 10 pounds of muscle so he's not hurt every game?

Roscoe Parrish ring a bell?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And he is not built of bird bones like Roscoe.

He has the frame to get a bigger.

Not all that much difference in stature between he and Antonio Brown but Brown has taken the steps that Goodwin has not.

haha bird bones that's funny actually laughed out loud.Its kind of sad actually I would love to see what he can do if he could stay healthy.Some people on here are saying he is a track guy and I think that's BS.Goodwin is a football player and his conditioning has little to do with how much he gets injured.The guy just doesn't have the God given physical gift that some players have to be durable.Just like a fighter that can't take a punch,you either can or can't.....that or he's the most unlucky bastard there ever was.

Well, if the Bills are still struggling to find slots for good WRs, this could help. With all those other guys available, they can't tie up a slot for Goodwin, but they can put him on IR (assuming broken ribs) and have the right to bring him back at some point in the year. Odds are, whatever guys they keep, one of them will get hurt, and then they can bring Goodwin back from IR. This could work out.

yep. bring him back midseason.

agreed. i do think if he focused more on football specific training he might be able to take more of the abuse but i feel like his refusal to do so just shows where his priorities are. if he was like Chris Hogan and giving his all to football and hitting the weights and he was still getting hurt i would say well i guess his body just can't take it. but i think his priority for 2016 is being in the Olympics, not being on the Buffalo Bills

The dude got extra attention from line mans knees. did you watch the play> i would not call you out but you have an agenda. Glass was having a very good game till the unnecessary hit

See-ya. A kid in a mans game.

predictable. from you. Still hate Fred?

But you might be right about the end of his career in Buffalo> not because he sucks though. Its now a numbers game with up and comers pushing for a spot

The criticism here is ridiculous...It would be one thing if this were a hamstring injury or something to do with conditioning. The man broke his rib. As was noted earlier, what would more muscle have done with protecting him from broken ribs? Did you see the way the one Steelers defenseman jumped on him when he was already tackled. It was a cheap shot with an intent to injure.

As another person posted, have you noticed that 5 of our top receivers and 4 of our top running backs are sidelined? Is McKelvin not properly conditioned either? How about Gilmore? How about Kiko last year? Was Jarius Byrd not properly conditioned over the last several years? Is it because they weren't devoting the proper amount of time to football per your standards?

I have read that Goodwin has had a good camp and was in position for a spot. If he wasn't putting the proper time to football, do you think he would even be in the competition for a spot with our deep wideout situation?

Thanks for the laugh!

Thanks you. Its was a shame. i swear some people do not watch the games

I understand but every time he gets hit he gets hurt. I'm not even being dramatic. It's literally every time he gets hit. I wouldn't keep him on the team just for that reason. When I found out that he does absolutely ZERO football related training in the offseason that just got me more fired up. The only thing he does to stay in shape is train for the long jump. Is he a football player or long jumper? If he's a long jumper then let him long jump. But if he wants to play football then he has to train for football. Gain another 10-20 pounds of muscle and he will be a lot more durable

If he gains 10-20 lbs of muscle, what the hell good is he as a stretch the field WR. He will lose a lot of his speed. You're an idiot!!

Sorry Tom, had to use it.

He did

can one of you folks cue up the play ? so we can be done with this.

Wrong.

He did not get down and cover up.

He was running parallel to the LOS and THEN cut back TOWARD the DL and one of them piled directly on his gut.

Just not a smart play and not the kind of play you will see from experienced WR's.

Wrong.

He was running parallel to the LOS and THEN cut back TOWARD the DL and one of them piled directly on his gut.

Just not a smart play and not the kind of play you will see from experienced WR's.

He went down by himself first. He probably didn't expect the guy to bury him on the ball like that. But he didn't cover up well.

Wrong.

I thought the play was over when the defender came in.

and yes i saw the play. i dont mind being corrected though.

Wrong.

Agree.

Not a smart play from an athlete generally. You have to know your body, your limitations, and your propensity for injuries.

I know this is a poor comparison probably, but when I am out there playing pick-up basketball, I know I am out of shape and now older-- so I have changed my game, am watchful for avoiding injuries, and am not as aggressive as I was like 15 years ago.

Consider too a guy like Flutie-- very rare for him to take a direct hit. He was shrewd and watchful about protecting his body.

he doesn't take football seriously and that makes me mad. he's using football to pay the bills and in the meantime he's training for the olympics. that's a slap in the face to the Bills and the fans imo. are you a Buffalo Bill or a long jumper? make up your mind

um.... Olympics is pretty tough training...maybe harder than nfl training. Or at least equal. Edited by enlightener

If he gains 10-20 lbs of muscle, what the hell good is he as a stretch the field WR. He will lose a lot of his speed. You're an idiot!!

Sorry Tom, had to use it.

Yea because world class sprinters all weigh 150 pounds. If you want to be faster just lose weight right? I'm going to lose 30 pounds and be in the Olympics. You've discovered the secret! You do know the fastest human Usain Bolt is 210 pounds right? Theres a big difference between gaining 10 pounds and gaining 10 pounds of muscle. Most sprinters are bigger and more built than Goodwin because they train their fast twitch muscles for explosive movements. If he was serious about football he could gain size and strength and be faster. He might not be able to jump as far though which is what he seems to be most concerned about these days

um.... Olympics is pretty tough training...maybe harder than nfl training. Or at least equal.

We should sign some figure skaters then. Maybe they can help on special teams

Agree.

Not a smart play from an athlete generally. You have to know your body, your limitations, and your propensity for injuries.

I know this is a poor comparison probably, but when I am out there playing pick-up basketball, I know I am out of shape and now older-- so I have changed my game, am watchful for avoiding injuries, and am not as aggressive as I was like 15 years ago.

Consider too a guy like Flutie-- very rare for him to take a direct hit. He was shrewd and watchful about protecting his body.

Eric Wood is another example of that. In his early seasons in the NFL he had a propensity for lower leg injuries. He rarely bends his knees into contact any more. He's not nearly as effective but the most important ability is availability.

yep. bring him back midseason.

The dude got extra attention from line mans knees. did you watch the play> i would not call you out but you have an agenda. Glass was having a very good game till the unnecessary hit

predictable. from you. Still hate Fred?

But you might be right about the end of his career in Buffalo> not because he sucks though. Its now a numbers game with up and comers pushing for a spot

Thanks you. Its was a shame. i swear some people do not watch the games

I never ever said I hate Fred you and your Cling-ons have a super man crush on him. Action figure ?

Anyone could have broken their ribs the way that the Steeler defensive lineman jumped on Goodwin while he was on the ground with the ball. It is unfair to criticize MG for getting hurt on that play.

Edited by Peter

if it's not his ribs it's going to be something else every single game. the guy is built out of paper mache. i've never seen someone get hurt so much. instead of working on his long jump in the offseason why doesn't this guy hit the weight room and put on another 10 pounds of muscle so he's not hurt every game?

I think that's a bit unfair, but it is true the guy is frail and can be injured more easily than a guy with more bulk. But isn't Harvin similar in his propensity to get injured from any contact?

The "doesn't take football seriously" though, IMO, is complete BS.

I think that's a bit unfair, but it is true the guy is frail and can be injured more easily than a guy with more bulk. But isn't Harvin similar in his propensity to get injured from any contact?

The "doesn't take football seriously" though, IMO, is complete BS.

Maybe but when I know there's a guy like Hogan that would die for this team and he's on the chopping block for a guy that maybe will be on the team next year as long as he doesn't make the Olympics, well I take offense to that. If Goodwin came out and said F the Olympics I'm a Buffalo bill and I will do whatever it takes to make the team then that's one thing. But when I see he doesn't train for football and gets hurt every game as a result and says that he plans to skip the start of the season next yr for the Olympics then that gets me frustrated

Maybe but when I know there's a guy like Hogan that would die for this team and he's on the chopping block for a guy that maybe will be on the team next year as long as he doesn't make the Olympics, well I take offense to that. If Goodwin came out and said F the Olympics I'm a Buffalo bill and I will do whatever it takes to make the team then that's one thing. But when I see he doesn't train for football and gets hurt every game as a result and says that he plans to skip the start of the season next yr for the Olympics then that gets me frustrated

Yes, this.

With all due respect to The Dean, Peter, enlightener and flomoe........you guys are arguing a civil case against a mountain of circumstantial evidence.

I gotta add this......even though Steve Tasker has a tendency to butcher the language.....if you listen to him he will regularly let organizational opinions slip.

It's not a secret that Flash hasn't been all in.