Most underrated play of the game

TT's quick 8 yard out to Davis puts us in FG range at the end of the 2nd Q and gets us 3 bonus points. That was a smooth throw. So far Taylor has answered every criticism of his game. Cassel doesn't have the arm strength to make that throw.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

TT's quick 8 yard out to Davis puts us in FG range at the end of the 2nd Q and gets us 3 bonus points. That was a smooth throw. So far Taylor has answered every criticism of his game. Cassel doesn't have the arm strength to make that throw.

I'm pretty sure it was to Easley.

One thing about Tyrod is that all his throws are just nice. Smooth, accurate, and with touch. He just seems really dependable with his short and intermediate throws. That drive to start the 3rd quarter was incredible. It really tells you how good EJ played for him to even still be in the conversation. Nobody who watched that game walked away thinking Cassel is starting over Taylor.

Super easy to get a stat line like his in the NFL. Really, really, really easy.

yea against 4th stringers that will get cut on Monday it is actually. He had 1 good throw to Clay vs the starters. Let's not crown him the starter just yet when Tyrod has completely outplayed him every step of the way

yea against 4th stringers that will get cut on Monday it is actually. He had 1 good throw to Clay vs the starters. Let's not crown him the starter just yet when Tyrod has completely outplayed him every step of the way

You think TT was playing against starters?

I realize that he was against a mix of competition, but EJ is averaging 11.9 yards per attempt. That's impressive regardless of who is playing. The only person in the entire NFL doing better than that is Vick and Vick only has 5 total attempts.

The closest to EJ who have somewhere in the same range of attempts are Mariota (9.3/attempt 27 attempts), Mettenberger (8.3/attempt 31 attempts), and Chase Daniel (8.2/attempt 33 attempts).

Taylor is averaging 7.6/attempt in 31 attempts and Cassel is averaging 5.5/attempt in 15 attempts.

I feel these numbers are reflective of what we've seen. EJ has been throwing downfield, TT has been mostly short to intermediate with some RAC and Cassel has been short outs and curls all day long with nothing even remotely downfield.

For me the decision is between EJ and TT and it's really close. If TT was able to connect on a long pass or two I'd feel a little better about it.

10/10 would be "it's only preseason." See, you can't win this argument.

I'll admit TT has played well, but saying he "killed it" against the Browns is going a little overboard.

I realize that he was against a mix of competition, but EJ is averaging 11.9 yards per attempt. That's impressive regardless of who is playing. The only person in the entire NFL doing better than that is Vick and Vick only has 5 total attempts.

The closest to EJ who have somewhere in the same range of attempts are Mariota (9.3/attempt 27 attempts), Mettenberger (8.3/attempt 31 attempts), and Chase Daniel (8.2/attempt 33 attempts).

Taylor is averaging 7.6/attempt in 31 attempts and Cassel is averaging 5.5/attempt in 15 attempts.

I feel these numbers are reflective of what we've seen. EJ has been throwing downfield, TT has been mostly short to intermediate with some RAC and Cassel has been short outs and curls all day long with nothing even remotely downfield.

For me the decision is between EJ and TT and it's really close. If TT was able to connect on a long pass or two I'd feel a little better about it.

Ej's completion percentage and YPA don't take into account the 2 drops in the first game.

I apologize for not specifically answering the question posed here but what I found most gratifying in this game is having our TEs involved in the offense. When our first line receivers play there will be plenty of passing options that will keep the defense off balance. The TEs in this game weren't only thrown dump off passes, they were involved in the downfield passing game. That is exciting!

I apologize for not specifically answering the question posed here but what I found most gratifying in this game is having our TEs involved in the offense. When our first line receivers play there will be plenty of passing options that will keep the defense off balance. The TEs in this game weren't only thrown dump off passes, they were involved in the downfield passing game. That is exciting!

Yup. The amazing thing is that Watkins, Harvin, Woods, McCoy, and Karlos Williams are still waiting in the wings. :thumbsup:

Yup. The amazing thing is that Watkins, Harvin, Woods, McCoy, and Karlos Williams are still waiting in the wings. :thumbsup:

If you add in Goodwin to the mix then the defense is going to be spread out to account for all the quality receivers involved in the intermediate and deep passing game. With the defense loosened up the biggest beneficiaries will be the backs.