GR postgame unbelievably predicts Cassel as the starter

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jeremy White @JeremyWGR 5m5 minutes ago

Jeremy White retweeted Daniel Metzger

They do practice. More people need to acknowledge this.

Jeremy White added,

Daniel Metzger @danmetzger
@JeremyWGR without preseason, Tyrod probably doesn't start week 1
1 retweet 1 favorite

Jeremy White @JeremyWGR 45s45 seconds ago

Jeremy White retweeted chet1028

No. I'm listening to the coaches.

Jeremy White added,

chet1028 @chet1028

@JeremyWGR sure they practice. The competition includes everything. You're dismissing the games because they don't fit your agenda.
0 retweets 0 favorites

Collier keeps saying EJ looked good in this game BUT not not in practice. But look at his total stats this preseason, 20-30 358 yards 4 TD's 0 INT's. Pretty good to me.

Taylor stats 24-31- 236 yards 0 TD's 0 Int's. 11 rushes for 108 yards 9.8 avg and 1 TD.

Cassell 13-15- 83 yards 0 TD's o INT's.

Here's the thing that bugs me about this whole deal...

The practice issue...We're all here every day...We read the reports...We get live updates from TSW members constantly...I know this is generalizing it a bit...But what I took from most of camp was that all three QB's had good days, and all three had not-so-good days...If I was going by what I heard throughout camp I would probably lean towards TT being the most consistent...If only by a little bit...I do know for certain on more than just a couple occasions I heard on WGR that EJ had the best day of the three...Now...The point about EJ getting more reps with the 3rd team is valid...But it's not the only thing...And these WGR guys are seriously planting their flag on the camp reps being gospel...I just can't for the life of me figure out why they are so sure that the Bills have somehow tipped their hand with the practice reps...I think the camp reps are a part of the equation...But not the whole part....And if you're truly pulling for TT to start than have the brass you-know-whats to bring up how dumb it seems to start Cassel over either of the other two... B-)

The boo's at the Ralph will be stronger than when RJ came in for the Skins on his first time back...

Yep... B-)

Here's the thing that bugs me about this whole deal...

The practice issue...We're all here every day...We read the reports...We get live updates from TSW members constantly...I know this is generalizing it a bit...But what I took from most of camp was that all three QB's had good days, and all three had not-so-good days...If I was going by what I heard throughout camp I would probably lean towards TT being the most consistent...If only by a little bit...I do know for certain on more than just a couple occasions I heard on WGR that EJ had the best day of the three...Now...The point about EJ getting more reps with the 3rd team is valid...But it's not the only thing...And these WGR guys are seriously planting their flag on the camp reps being gospel...I just can't for the life of me figure out why they are so sure that the Bills have somehow tipped their hand with the practice reps...I think the camp reps are a part of the equation...But not the whole part....And if you're truly pulling for TT to start than have the brass you-know-whats to bring up how dumb it seems to start Cassel over either of the other two... B-)

Yep... B-)

It comes down to do you want a player who looks great in practice or one who looks great and plays well in a game...

You don't win a playoff game or an SB in practice.

It comes down to do you want a player who looks great in practice or one who looks great and plays well in a game...

You don't win a playoff game or an SB in practice.

It's the ego of Rex. He thinks his defense is the best so whoever does the best against his D must be the best QB

4. The fans showed they put way too much stock in preseason football.

If we got 545 yards of total offense hung on our D in a 3rd preseason game?

This board would explode. You know it, and we all know it.

Nobody would dare to say "It's just the preseaon"(bullet points by request):

• If Matt Simms went down the field 5/5 and scored a TD on us to end the game.
  • If our starting O went three and out for -6 yards on the first drive
  • If our starting O's biggest plays of the day were sketchy PI calls

I know all about not taking the preseason too seriously, but, I also know that 43 points, with 4 QBs going 30/33 is an ass whipping no matter what.

A good test? Shall I stroll on over to the Steelers board and see if they're saying "It's just the preseason"?

Another: Should we ask the saftey who got pancaked by Easly on the Freddy's big run if "it's just the preseason"?

Edited by OCinBuffalo

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2015/08/29/why-ej-played-again-in-the-second-half/

"

Everyone thought EJ Manuel’s day was done after a pair of successful touchdown drives to start the game, but he returned in the third quarter with the second offensive unit. Head coach Rex Ryan explained why.

Ryan said part of the issue was the offense scored too quickly and it led to very little work for Manuel.

“That was tremendous and that’s what was strange about it,” said Ryan of the quick touchdown drives. “I was going to go two series and two series and two series (with the three quarterbacks), but then they scored and I’m like, shoot I’m going to go back to EJ because he had only thrown two balls albeit one for a zillion-yard touchdown. That’s why I wanted to get him a little more work too. He did a great job. I think he missed only one throw.”

Just going to throw this out there real quick...

EJ Manuel is 25 years old, he's 6-5 and has a great arm...He is getting better because...for the first time in his career...he is getting REAL NFL coaching...

QB's...Young, old, or whatever do not grow on trees in the NFL...If EJ Manuel is not on this roster in week #1 in some capacity I will be well beyond pissed off...

I think TT deserves the start over EJ...I've felt all along EJ would need some extended time under Roman...But I can clearly see where EJ has the better upside if he can continue to work under this OC...We have not had that kind of talent potential at QB since...well...a long, long, time...If it means Cassel has to go...so be it...There is no way in Hades I cut or trade EJ Manuel if I'm the Bills...No freaking way... B-)

If we got 545 yards of total offense hung on our D in a preseason game?

I know all about not taking the preseason too seriously, but, I also know that 43 points, with 4 QBs going 30/33 is an ass whipping no matter what.

A good test? Shall I stroll on over to the Steelers board and see if they're saying "It's just the preseason"?

Another: Should we ask the saftey who got pancaked by Easly on the Freddy's big run if "it's just the preseason"?

Here is Rick Gosselin from the Dallas Morning news...Does Preseason matter?

Rick Gosselin @RickGosselinDMN 2m2 minutes ago

I know, I know -- it's only the preseason. But 11 penalties for 96 yards should be cause for concern.

After the Colts are up 14-0, Matt Cassel get the ball at midfield after a huge return by Thigpen.

1st down. Defense stuffs the run as everyone is on the LOS.

2nd down. Throw in the flat to McCoy for 4 yards.

3rd and 6th. Watkins runs an out pattern and Cassel throws a 5 yard pass.

Punt.

The Ralph turns on the Bills and the rout is on.

I love WGR's reasoning, "EJ was playing against 3rd stringers", "You can't take to much stock in the preseason", "hasn't done it in the regular season". Really, what exactly is Preseason for and how do you or WGR actually evaluate personal then? Hasn't Cassell only preformed in the preseason for Buffalo and what exactly has Cassell done in the last 3 years in the regular season

I love WGR's reasoning, "EJ was playing against 3rd stringers", "You can't take to much stock in the preseason", "hasn't done it in the regular season". Really, what exactly is Preseason for and how do you or WGR actually evaluate personal then? Hasn't Cassell only preformed in the preseason for Buffalo and what exactly has Cassell done in the last 3 years in the regular season

But what about Practice?

After the Colts are up 14-0, Matt Cassel get the ball at midfield after a huge return by Thigpen.

1st down. Defense stuffs the run as everyone is on the LOS.

2nd down. Throw in the flat to McCoy for 4 yards.

3rd and 6th. Watkins runs an out pattern and Cassel throws a 5 yard pass.

Punt.

The Ralph turns on the Bills and the rout is on.

We've seen that movie before.

If we got 545 yards of total offense hung on our D in a 3rd preseason game?

I agree. I think winning or losing in preseason is meaningless, but it's very encouraging that our offense was able to move the ball at will all day.

I still think we as fans are putting far too much emphasis on individual performances. Not to say they don't tell us anything, they just don't tell us half as much as we'd like them to.

I think Cassel starts, he's the lowest risk for a team with a playoff defense and offensive weapons. He offers the least upside and least risk and most boredom. EJ offers the highest upside but highest risk. But the time the upside takes to appear comes with lots of mistakes this team doesn't want. If this was a rebuild, EJ or TT would start but the veteran QB gets the call.

Regardless, wgr55 sucks especially this guy who has no on air talent and attempts to act smart regurgitating analytical measures from other sources. He's a Google scholar, not an analyst.