GR postgame unbelievably predicts Cassel as the starter

Collier keeps saying EJ looked good in this game BUT not not in practice. But look at his total stats this preseason, 20-30 358 yards 4 TD's 0 INT's. Pretty good to me.

Taylor stats 24-31- 236 yards 0 TD's 0 Int's. 11 rushes for 108 yards 9.8 avg and 1 TD.

Cassell 13-15- 83 yards 0 TD's o INT's.

Edited by bisonbrigade

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WGR and the local Bills beat reporters have been in such a free fall these last two weeks that I'm sure they're all in a state of denial. It's embarrassing how stupid they all sound sticking to their guns.

They don't even realize that they collectively overrated Matt Cassel because they're a bunch of small thinkers who were apparently very impressed by a journeyman backup QB who went to the pro bowl 5 years ago...LOL

^^^^This

If that 40 yard crossing route to Gragg didn't convince you on EJ, then nothing will. That was a major league throw.

He's the only guy on our team that makes that throw, or the TD throw to Palmer. Matt Cassel offers nothing over EJ, nothing. It's Tyrod or EJ, not a doubt in my mind and fine either way. This team is legit folks. Time to get excited.

Edited by Mark80

It's Tyrod guys, unless Rex's gut convinces him otherwise and he goes with Manuel. It's been Tyrod for a while now.

Don't let these clowns rile you up. If Carucci is saying it too, I'm guessing their "sources" in the front office are misdirecting for the Colts game.

dont forget he went to the playoffs! Did you know we haven't been to the playoffs in 15 years?!?!?!?!

He's the only guy on our team that makes that throw, or the TD throw to Palmer. Matt Cassel offers nothing over EJ, nothing. It's Tyrod or EJ, not a doubt in my mind and fine either way. This team is legit folks. Time to get excited.

Tyrod might be able to make that throw. Pretty sure that Cassel can't. That's why it's EJ or TT.

At this point...I cannot even imagine my disappointment if it's Cassel running out there for the 1st snap with the 1's vs Indy...

Ugh... B-)

At this point...I cannot even imagine my disappointment if it's Cassel running out there for the 1st snap with the 1's vs Indy...

Ugh... B-)

The boo's at the Ralph will be stronger than when RJ came in for the Skins on his first time back...

He has just cut a guy off for praising EJ.... this is hilarious.

I hope OC is listening to this.

I listened to the interviews. I heard Coller? say Cassel was going to be the starter. Then, one of the people I was watching/listening with grabbed my phone and turned it off. Nobody said a word. :lol:

And, not to say I told you, and, they even locked my thread, but I told you so:

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/180268-ifi-say-again-if-ej-does-well-against-pittsburghs-d/

I knew they would blame Pittsburgh's D. And, this ain't even the half of it. Wait until Monday, after they've had 24+ hours to refine their excuses. Boy is Pittsburgh in for a whipping.

Please remember: don't be too hard on these guys. Bias is when you don't know you are doing it. When you know you are doing it? That's called: agenda. I don't think any of them have an agenda. Besides, some of these guys don't even know enough/don't pay attention enough to have an agenda.

I firmly believe that all of these guys are mired in groupthink, confidence bias(otherwise known as the "eye test") and choice supportive bias(Todd McShay said "wasted pick"/"slow eyes", etc.) They bought into that for a pound, not a penny, on day 1. Ever since they have been clinging to the shovel and trying to dig themselves out of the hole.

Most don't even know they are holding the shovel, much less that its far past time to put it down.

The guys on the NFL network were the best: the host quoted EJ's stats and asked them if "he did anything at all to close the gap?" All they could say is NO. :lol: No ryhme, no reason. Just no. It was like watching two andriods.

Edited by OCinBuffalo

I listened to the interviews. I heard Coller? say Cassel was going to be the starter. Then, one of the people I was watching/listening with grabbed my phone and turned it off. Nobody said a word. :lol:

And, not to say I told you, and, they even locked my thread, but I told you so:

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/180268-ifi-say-again-if-ej-does-well-against-pittsburghs-d/

I knew they would blame Pittsburgh's D. And, this ain't even the half of it. Wait until Monday, after they've had 24+ hours to refine their excuses. Boy is Pittsburgh in for a whipping.

Please remember: don't be too hard on these guys. Bias is when you don't know you are doing it. When you know you are doing it? That's called: agenda. I don't think any of them have an agenda. Besides, some of these guys don't even know enough/don't pay attention enough to have an agenda.

I firmly believe that all of these guys are mired in groupthink, confidence bias(otherwise known as the "eye test") and choice supportive bias(Todd McShay said "wasted pick"/"slow eyes", etc.) They bought into that for a pound, not a penny, on day 1. Ever since they have been clinging to the shovel and trying to dig themselves out of the hole.

Most don't even know they are holding the shovel, much less that its far past time to put it down.

The guys on the NFL network were the best: the host quoted EJ's stats and asked them if "he did anything at all to close the gap?" All they could say is NO. :lol: No ryhme, no reason. Just no. It was like watching two andriods.

:worthy:

A few observations from today:

1. EJ Manuel showed off his arm strength and showed he can do impressive things with a football.

2. TT showed that he's got an NFL arm and can get it done from the pocket.

3. Matt Cassel showed that he's good at playing ball control, reading defenses, and moving the chains.

4. The fans showed they put way too much stock in preseason football.