Enough incoherence/whining from WGR re: EJ

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OC, do me one favor if you can.

Can you write three bullets, none of which is over 1 sentence, what point you are trying to make?

When it comes to persuasive writing, it's not about how many fancy words you can squeeze into a sentence to try and show everyone how smart you are but rather to effectively convey a point to your audience by capturing and maintaining their attention, even if it means dumbing it down sometimes. I have no idea what he's talking about myself. I couldn't make it through half of his post. It sounds like he doesn't like WGR and thinks there is a media bias against EJ Manuel.

When it comes to persuasive writing, it's not about how many fancy words you can squeeze into a sentence to try and show everyone how smart you are but rather to effectively convey a point to your audience by capturing and maintaining their attention, even if it means dumbing it down sometimes. I have no idea what he's talking about myself. I couldn't make it through half of his post. It sounds like he doesn't like WGR and thinks there is a media bias against EJ Manuel.

agree 100%.. I know when i am the author of a business case...3-5 bullets of problem/situation and then .3-5 bullets how my solution will help along with expected benefit.

That all i want him to do LOL

That's fair. I did not mean to insinuate that preseason games mean nothing at all, I do not believe that. I just think people pointing out EJ's passer rating from 9 possessions or whatever fail to understand that according to literally (yes, I know what literally means) every reporter, analyst, etc., EJ dug a hole for himself in camp and was a clear cut third- at least prior to the preseason games.

Take the stats with a grain of salt Metz. Stats lie and in this case they just might. However said stats are an argument to use for those who say EJ is still very inaccurate. You can't have a passer rating of 117.95 for example if you are off target all the time.

For this to happen one of these are true

• EJ was on target more often than not
  • The 3rd string WR's & TE's are phenomenal players and should be kept on the team.

and lastly using documented high numbers is a great way to troll :devil:

http://www.nfl.com/player/ejmanuel/2539228/profile

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

Take the stats with a grain of salt Metz. Stats lie and in this case they just might. However said stats are an argument to use for those who say EJ is still very inaccurate. You can't have a passer rating of 117.95 for example if you are off target all the time.

For this to happen one of these are true

• EJ was on target more often than not
  • The 3rd string WR's & TE's are phenomenal players and should be kept on the team.

and lastly using documented high numbers is a great way to troll :devil:

http://www.nfl.com/player/ejmanuel/2539228/profile

Yeah but my point is that it's still such a small sample size. As mentioned, Dan Orlovsky had a great rating this past week. Does that necessarily mean he is a super accurate QB? Clearly EJ hasn't been accurate enough throughout camp to move up on the depth chart. We'll see what happens on Saturday but again, they're practicing all week and what happens in practice counts in the coaches eyes as well.

Christ, when will the incoherence end?

Yeah, I'm the one being manipulated here. :lol: Once again we see that it's the other way around. No. I've found on 3 separate occaisions, when I go all out, "college thesis" style (If they only knew, right PPP?) on WGR...that there are instant behavior changes.

How's that for predictable, WEO? :lol: You keep telling yourself you're flying above everybody on this board...in your helicopter. Meanwhile, I'll keep flying above you in my jet.

Funny. I don't feel hot or bothered. In fact, once again, I'm LMFAO.

Once again, you have things exactly backwards. All I have to do is write a 10 minute, albeit "college thesis" style post, and I can force WGR's capitulation. Let me say it correctly for you: They know all of us are listening, and if they behave poorly, any of us can write a thread that forces them to correct, provided that thread is quality, and THAT is all that matters.

EDIT: They are reading what we say here, just as much as we are listening. They are able to get what they want, sure, but, so are we.

------

"When will the incoherence end"? Never I hope! As always, OC brings pure gold!

" 'college thesis' style" posts!

"forced capitulation" of a radio station due to above referenced "college thesis" "quality" posts!

flying in jets!

"uninteded irony" used in a obviously unintended ironic way!

You never disappoint, OC....keep the lesser minds under that giant intellectual jackboot heel!

Schopp and "the Bulldog" are terrible. Schopp quite obviously does not have a clue what he is on about. Talks total nonsense the whole time. Can anyone tell me why the Bulldog is called the Bulldog? Why is a grown adult going around calling himself "the Bulldog"? It is a bit creepy.

I tend to stick them on about this time of night though. It is 10.15pm over here in the UK. My next 45 minutes consists of doing the dishes, sweeping the kitchen and hallway, ironing a shirt for work tomorrow etc... they are good entertainment value for those kinds of tasks.

Schopp and "the Bulldog" are terrible. Schopp quite obviously does not have a clue what he is on about. Talks total nonsense the whole time. Can anyone tell me why the Bulldog is called the Bulldog? Why is a grown adult going around calling himself "the Bulldog"? It is a bit creepy.

I tend to stick them on about this time of night though. It is 10.15pm over here in the UK. My next 45 minutes consists of doing the dishes, sweeping the kitchen and hallway, ironing a shirt for work tomorrow etc... they are good entertainment value for those kinds of tasks.

I can only guess because of the way he looks and he sounds like he has smoked since he was 12.

When bulldog is on the show alone or with a guest when Schoop is out is probably the only time I enjoy(probably should say tolerate) listening. When schoop is on bulldog becomes a lapdog to schoop.

Edited by The Wiz

Yeah but my point is that it's still such a small sample size. As mentioned, Dan Orlovsky had a great rating this past week. Does that necessarily mean he is a super accurate QB? Clearly EJ hasn't been accurate enough throughout camp to move up on the depth chart. We'll see what happens on Saturday but again, they're practicing all week and what happens in practice counts in the coaches eyes as well.

yes, I know it is a small sample size..... hasn't that been the point all along WRT EJ

as I said camp and game play can be very different.

EJ could be named #3 and WGR and the rest can all say we told you so.

yes, I know it is a small sample size..... hasn't that been the point all along WRT EJ

as I said camp and game play can be very different.

EJ could be named #3 and WGR and the rest can all say we told you so.

I'm not looking for an "I told you so." I just want you to know that where EJ stands today doesn't surprise me one bit; I'm just surprised that it surprises so many of you.

yeah had to put an end to listening to wgr. i listen to it because i no longer live in wny and i liked hearing about the bills. have to agree with the whole whining thing, annoyed me to the point that i quit listening. if your listeners want you to look at things differently you do it because they are paying to keep the lights on.

How come when the radio hosts call a celebrity, even when it's another radio guy always start with something like "How you doing"?

I notice this all the time and just laugh.

Because they know that person is going to eat up time where others would call in so they respect them.

OP: Very true.

I live out of the area but have been listening to WGR a lot this summer online to get training camp details. Murphy seems to be one of the very few broadcasters not ripping into Manuel.

They are defensive, and as the summer progresses, do not seem to want EJ to suceed. And as he has done well in games they have seemed to up their attacks, almost as if they are nervous that they were wrong and he could become a high quality NFL quarterback. Their biased comments and attacks would, of course, look even worse if this were to happen.

I am not saying that Manuel should start, as he has not been consistent. But he has looked more like an NFL quarterback each week. By being so negative they have lost their objectivty and are not reliable and trustworthy.

Too bad, as there are not althernatives on Buffalo radio to my knowledge, and we want to breathe Bills this time of year and will take what we can get. (Or are there alternatives on Buffalo radio?)

I totally agree with everything you said. I also have been listening for years. The second point OC made, I actually heard it live. It was Sal who said it on air to a caller Anthony. Sal said he wasn't trying to be a jerk on the radio but that was exactly what he was. I stopped listen to the station, except for John Murphy, after that statement.

On the topic of EJ, I have two points. 1. What EJ have done in spring has very little effect on today. EJ may have a bad camp, but he improved since. I value preseason more than practice because the purpose to practice is to get better. If you are already perfect than why do you still need to practice. WGR host seems to hang on to every pass players made and analyzed it to death. I think because they didn't have much else to said. That led to them talking about meat draft on the radio.

2. Tyrod is a running QB. We all know what happens to running QB, most of them don't make it through the season. That makes it very important to keep 3 QBs. From what I can see, EJ just needs time to develop. He may not be ready now but I see leadership quality in him. If the Bills let him go before he has a chance to develop, then it may explain why we couldn't make the playoff and why they still don't have a franchise quarterback. Good teams know how to develop quarterbacks.

And I could also say that a narcissist was butthurt that WGR on air personalities didn't like the results of the first poll, and decided to start an inane thread on a message board, and then proclaimed that he's the one who spurred the on-air discussion in the first place.

I just wish i had as much time to listen to the show as he does. I really like it.

Most of Schopp's opinions come from others. I'll bet he hasn't watched 10 minutes total of actual camp. It turns into an echo chamber. Also, Schopp is only interested in controversy, fodder for his ponderous show. His last segment with Sal he asked four questions about Roman and Rex disagreeing on a starting QB. Sal kept answering him and Schopp kept asking the same thing a different way.

Your right PTR I thing Schopp loves controversy and in his mind thinks he's Morton Downey Jr. Ever notice how slow he talks? So....Sal...would ...you...say ..then that Rex has a problem...with...EJ? He talks slow to eat up air time.