8-22: Bills' Training Camp Practice - 10 AM to 12 PM

It's interesting that Manuel is getting reps with the 1's again. It seemed like, going into last game, they'd had it narrowed down to TT and Cassel. Maybe Manuel has climbed back into the discussion a little.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think anyone seriously thought that EJ would be cut. But he's still far away from starting.

I think both sides of the EJ coin need to come to grips with reality.

Amazes me that folks want to throw away depth...everywhere...oh this guy wins the starting position, cut the loser/now back up. Some folks say having the "loser" of a starter competition on a team is potentially disruptive, but every NFL locker room is filled with 50 or 51 position players who think they should be starting. If the salary cap is not an issue -- keep the depth.. likely will need it at some point during the season. 3rd QBs have started games before and likely will this regular season.

It's interesting that Manuel is getting reps with the 1's again. It seemed like, going into last game, they'd had it narrowed down to TT and Cassel. Maybe Manuel has climbed back into the discussion a little.

Didn't know that EJ audibled out of called play to throw TD pass to Davis. Saw 1 on 1 matchup pre-snap. He's developing.

You are making me feel really old. Elizabeth I'm coming to join you Honey!!! (Common line from Fred Sanford from the show Sanford and Son. Usually used when Fred was in a highly stressful situation. Elizabeth was his deceased wife).

That's the gesture Bruce Smith used to do - with his hand clutched over heart.

It was a Fred Sanford heart attack impression from Bruce!

I am not saying EJ will start. I would prefer TT, or EJ over "he who has not done too much" Matt Cassel.

I guess the Anti EJ antagonists get the better of me and I need to ignore the trolling.

But, to be fair to Cassel - he is also the only one of those three that has taken two different team to the Playoffs. I'm not saying he's better, but he might be what this team needs given the rest of the starting roster.

But, to be fair to Cassel - he is also the only one of those three that has taken two different team to the Playoffs. I'm not saying he's better, but he might be what this team needs given the rest of the starting roster.

Incorrect. Cassel's only playoff season was in 2010 with the Chiefs.

you have to take what is posted on fan boards with a grain of salt.

the EJ isn't good enough crowd is passionate about it

Didn't know that EJ audibled out of called play to throw TD pass to Davis. Saw 1 on 1 matchup pre-snap. He's developing.

Yes he did. Watch the replay and "Chucky" Gruden even mentioned it in the play by play

to be fair yes w/ NE and KC each for ONE season (the season Denver really sucked). Care to post what KC''s record was the year before and after?

more recently .... he was booted out of Minnesota for a rookie

with a grain of salt All QBs with the Spygate Taintriots get a ??? for wins

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

to be fair yes w/ NE and KC each for ONE season (the season Denver really sucked). Care to post what KC''s record was the year before and after?

more recently .... he was booted out of Minnesota for a rookie

Wrong and wrong.

He didn't make the playoffs with NE and he beat out the rookie and was the starter a few games then broke his foot and was out for the year on IR.

Wrong and wrong.

He didn't make the playoffs with NE and he beat out the rookie and was the starter a few games then broke his foot and was out for the year on IR.

I was replying to the claim of 2 playoff wins. Not my error. My error was that I looked at KC's single season and I didn't verify NE*

WRT Minny - Yet the Rookie stayed and Matt did not. ergo my comment holds some water. The rookie replaced him.

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

I was replying to the claim of 2 playoff wins. Not my error. My error was that I looked at KC's single season and I didn't verify NE*

WRT Minny - Yet the Rookie stayed and Matt did not. ergo my comment holds some water. The rookie replaced him.

No you weren't replying to two playoff wins, you replied directly to a guy who said he took two teams to the playoffs with a comment about yes, with NE and KC.

And again, he didn't get "booted out" for a rookie, he beat the rookie out, then was injured and lost for the rest of the entire year. Then was traded after the season.

No you weren't replying to two playoff wins, you replied directly to a guy who said he took two teams to the playoffs with a comment about yes, with NE and KC.

And again, he didn't get "booted out" for a rookie, he beat the rookie out, then was injured and lost for the rest of the entire year. Then was traded after the season.

I'd say the "booted out" comment is fairly accurate. Bridgewater stayed and anointed the starter and Cassel was moved. "Booted" might be a harsh way of phrasing it. The only thing that was wrong with the statement was "for a rookie." Cassel was moved out in favor of a 2nd year signal caller.

Of course, I don't think that necessarily reflects poorly on Cassel as I think most teams in need of a long term solution at QB would let the young kid who has shown some promise get his work in.