Browns fans raving about classy Goodwin

YoloinOhio

I believe that Marquis took care of a disabled sister most of his youbg adult life as well. Guy has his head on straight and knows what's important. Hope he wins a gold medal someday to go with his heart.

Yep. That was the connection with the kid. His sister had cerebral palsy and so did this kid, so Marquise had a natural connection and affection for helping him out. It was truly a great thing to do, and see a guy in a Bills uniform doing that. He stayed out there for an hour and a half. And did that for the opposing team's fans. It should be the lead story on ESPN simply to show that not all NFL players are jerks.

And fans would love to see that.

Yep. That was the connection with the kid. His sister had cerebral palsy and so did this kid, so Marquise had a natural connection and affection for helping him out. It was truly a great thing to do, and see a guy in a Bills uniform doing that. He stayed out there for an hour and a half. And did that for the opposing team's fans. It should be the lead story on ESPN simply to show that not all NFL players are jerks.

And fans would love to see that.

agreed - would be great to see ESPN or nfln pick it up. They are too busy trying to connect dots that aren't there with Ray Rice though.

@buffalobills: Goodwin's good deed was caught on camera, and it'll make you proud he's a Buffalo Bill: http://t.co/Q7U3tYsR1X http://t.co/DNzsNvmm2S

Settle down nerd.

Settle down.

What a boring place this would be without a little bit of everything. YES even trolling.

Yeah...but you have to do it with a sense of class. In a thread about Goodwin's character, you don't slam Goodwin like you did. You take the opportunity to slam someone who truly deserves it, like Marrone, like I did.

Settle down nerd.

Settle down.

What a boring place this would be without a little bit of everything. YES even trolling.

You can call me whatever you like, after seeing your performance in this thread your opinion matters very little. Even the trolls know when and where it's appropriate.

Yeah...but you have to do it with a sense of class. In a thread about Goodwin's character, you don't slam Goodwin like you did. You take the opportunity to slam someone who truly deserves it, like Marrone, like I did.

Ok. Ok.

So I went back to re read my posts on this thread.

One time I said "Glassy Goodwin"

Another time I said "He sure is a glass act"

The third time was me prefering Harvin over Goodwin.

That's it. That is not really slamming the guy.

Ps. I EVEN ACKNOWLEDGED he did a nice gesture somewhere in the thread too.

You can call me whatever you like, after seeing your performance in this thread your opinion matters very little. Even the trolls know when and where it's appropriate.

I didnt call you a nerd. You did that yourself.

What, besides injury and a coach who seemingly didn't know how to use him properly, has hurt Goodwin's career to date in your mind?

Being fully committed to succeeding in pro football.

Prime example was that deep ball that Tyrod threw to him the other night.

If Sammy or Woods run that route....they are turning their head to the QB as they pass the CB and more than likely adjust to and catch that ball.

Goodwin....on one of the safer routes a WR can run.......looks across the field for the safety and then is unable to find the football.

I think he makes a few too many business decisions because he's not certain if this is the business for him.

One of those is that when he gets a little dinged up...which is done easily and often.....he heads for the showers.

Say what you want about Marrone but I don't think he was wrong for how he handled him.

I love his potential. I have extolled the virtues of his potential as a route runner.

But I just don't think he is all in and that's a shame.

Ok. Ok.

So I went back to re read my posts on this thread.

One time I said "Glassy Goodwin"

Another time I said "He sure is a glass act"

The third time was me prefering Harvin over Goodwin.

That's it. That is not really slamming the guy.

Ps. I EVEN ACKNOWLEDGED he did a nice gesture somewhere in the thread too.

I'm not criticizing, I'm trying to help. I have vastly more experience being an !@#$ than you do, and thought you might appreciate some advice from an expert.

Being fully committed to succeeding in pro football.

Prime example was that deep ball that Tyrod threw to him the other night.

If Sammy or Woods run that route....they are turning their head to the QB as they pass the CB and more than likely adjust to and catch that ball.

Goodwin....on one of the safer routes a WR can run.......looks across the field for the safety and then is unable to find the football.

I think he makes a few too many business decisions because he's not certain if this is the business for him.

One of those is that when he gets a little dinged up...which is done easily and often.....he heads for the showers.

Say what you want about Marrone but I don't think he was wrong for how he handled him.

I love his potential. I have extolled the virtues of his potential as a route runner.

But I just don't think he is all in and that's a shame.

Appreciate the response and thoughts. We'll see how it shakes out soon enough.

Interesting stuff Badol. He doesn't seem to have had the standout camp this year that he did in his first two, dropping more passes. I thought when he first showed up he tracked deep balls easily and naturally. Still hoping the little guy can get it together though the clock is ticking.

Interesting stuff Badol. He doesn't seem to have had the standout camp this year that he did in his first two, dropping more passes. I thought when he first showed up he tracked deep balls easily and naturally. Still hoping the little guy can get it together though the clock is ticking.

It is something to note>

QB confidence is what he is going through> we all saw the last two seasons> If i was a receiver on the Bills i might feel a bit sketchy about where the safety is too.

Just me thinking though. Watkins and Wood may well be thinking the same think if true Aaron

It is something to note>

QB confidence is what he is going through> we all saw the last two seasons> If i was a receiver on the Bills i might feel a bit sketchy about where the safety is too.

Just me thinking though. Watkins and Wood may well be thinking the same think if true Aaron

I know they were thinking that way in Houston last year, lol

Don't let the past ruin the present Marquise!

I don't mean to make this entirely about his Olympic aspirations because I felt he wasn't all-in long before we found out about that.

But I don't believe that there are many 3 year NFL veterans who can repeat their combine athletic numbers.

The game and it's injuries take a toll.

I think Goodwin knows that and has been very reluctant to push the envelope on injuries......possibly because he has been hoping to achieve his track star dreams while doing enough to hopefully keep his NFL paycheck.

Edited by #BADOL

I don't mean to make this entirely about his Olympic aspirations because I felt he wasn't all-in long before we found out about that.

But I don't believe that there are many 3 year NFL veterans who can repeat their combine athletic numbers.

The game and it's injuries take a toll.

I think Goodwin knows that and has been very reluctant to push the envelope on injuries......possibly because he has been hoping to achieve his track star dreams while doing enough to hopefully keep his NFL paycheck.

He's put in the work to make himself a heck of a blocker despite a natural disadvantage there. I wouldn't be shocked if he hears footsteps after all the injuries but would certainly hope it doesn't go as far as consciously skating by.

He's put in the work to make himself a heck of a blocker despite a natural disadvantage there. I wouldn't be shocked if he hears footsteps after all the injuries but would certainly hope it doesn't go as far as consciously skating by.

I don't deny that he has worked on his game. I just don't think he's all-in and being willing to take hits and then play with pain are requirements to excel in the NFL.

I love his ability so I hope he proves me wrong.

I don't deny that he has worked on his game. I just don't think he's all-in and being willing to take hits and then play with pain are requirements to excel in the NFL.

I love his ability so I hope he proves me wrong.

If you can't get all in with Rex, you're one of those poker players who has their stack blinded out. Year 3 and now with competent coaching my boy needs to turn that potential into production. For a guy like Goodwin to make it he's gonna have to really want it, no doubt.

Go Bills

Stayed about an hour and a half after practice signing autographs and made a big impact on one Browns fan...

@23Johnanderson: Video: @buffalobills fan Steven Meyers catches selfless act of kindness by @flashg88dwin toward @Browns fan & family http://t.co/I35MWpihB6

That was awesome. Nice to see an athlete getting some positive pub. Way to go, Marquise.