My prediction: It's going to be Tyrod.

*Is Woods going to mope less because it's a bad Tyrod/Cassel pass?

He's not going to mope more because Ryan's the coach...All NFL players can explode at any point, it's all how the coaching staff handles it. I think Rex will do a better job of controlling it than Marrone did

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He's not going to mope more because Ryan's the coach...All NFL players can explode at any point, it's all how the coaching staff handles it. I think Rex will do a better job of controlling it than Marrone did

HoF is on record as believing Rex is too white trashy to be a good coach, so I'm guessing he'll disagree with this statement as that's where all of his complaints re Ryan stem from.

imo

one for kick offs, one for field goals and one for the new, longer, extra points?

No.

2 good kickers, in case one gets injured. That way they won't have to pick up a cast off....

I was half serious, but I guess I should have laid it all out. There it is, man. Understand it now?

It's like having a good back up quarterback, see?

Just message me, if you need more explanation.

Edited by HoF Watkins

I had a premonition.... Matt Cassel has a lousy game tonight going 4-7 for 28 yards and INT. In comes Tyrod at the end of the first quarter and goes 10-11 for 175 yards, and 2 TDs (1 running, 1 passing) until the 4th QTR when EJ comes in for mop up duty. This will lead to Tyrod getting the nod for the next game in Cleveland which he preceeds to lead the team to a TD in the first quarter looking very comfortable running the offense while showing off some flash. Cassel comes in after him late in the second, and once again is very average leading to Rex naming Tyrod the starting QB.

I'm telling you, Tyrod is the one. We've found our answer at QB for the foresable future.

<let a man dream ok?>

Nahhh

HoF is on record as believing Rex is too white trashy to be a good coach, so I'm guessing he'll disagree with this statement as that's where all of his complaints re Ryan stem from.

imo

Nope.

I think he is an excellent defensive coach. I said he creates a trashy environment around the team. I'm pretty sure we all know the list of players already.

And apparently I'm way less obsessed with that aspect of Rex Ryan than you are, Greggy.

Edited by HoF Watkins

He was the one moving them the best tonight, for sure.

Hope he gets the start vs. the Brownies so there can be more comparison against starters, rather than the mixed bag he faced here. I'm not sure if he, like any scrambling QB, can hold up the entire season, but we can darn sure try.

The read option at the start of the 2nd quarter is why I think he will start. People keep saying teams will figure him out and he won't be able to run. Kaepernick doesn't exactly throw a football thru a a tire with accuracy. Great arm sure. TT has enough arm. On that read option he picked up 20+ yards in about 4 seconds and it looked like it had the ease of a high school game. His legs are going to be used for much more then scrambles. His read option forces some serious stress on defenses which already has to worry about McCoy and 4 YAC oriented WR's. I've called for him to start since we signed him and I'll stick to it.

Edited by KzooMike

Beggars can't be choosers. If the alternative is Cassell or EJ, who cares? I'd rather see Tyrod.

Good for you and who is this Cassell fellow? :rolleyes: I'd rather see a QB that can sustain offense and best complement the running game. That might be Tyrod, but I remain unconvinced based on what I've seen thus far.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Good for you and who is this Cassell fellow? :rolleyes: I'd rather see a QB that can sustain offense and best complement the running game. That might be Tyrod, but I remain unconvinced based on what I've seen thus far.

None of these three guys are ever going to be convincing. If that's what you're waiting for, you're going to be disappointed.

Taylor definitely raised some eyebrows tonight with his play. He has a very unique skill set that Roman had a lot of success with Kaep in SF. His arm really impressed me; we already knew he was one of, if not the fastest QB in the league.

I can't wait to see how he plays with the starters against a pretty CLE defense. The running game was firing on all cylinders so that should provide him with plenty of pass friendly situations.