Bills training camp practice 8/11

What accountability are you talking about? The reporters have a job to report on what they see & hear. Internet posters battle to win the internet every day.

You were saying that reporters have 0 stake in who wins the battle unlike some on the board. It's not clear to me why that's true because if they make a pick wouldn't they be accountable for that. I guess you argument is they have 0 stake because they aren't making a pick. I now understand this assertion if that's what you're saying.

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What accountability are you talking about? The reporters have a job to report on what they see & hear. Internet posters battle to win the internet every day.

So why are people surprised at the reports that Cassel is in the lead?

They are surprised at the report that EJ because of his recent drop in snaps against the ones and the two poor practices that he has is now out of the running for the starting job. And they are surprised because they have read a lot of reports that Cassell has been bad.

Plus, most people probably didn't listen to that interview. He went out of his way to say all three of them do things he likes a lot, and that no matter which of the three starts, he will design the offense around the things that that particular guy does well.

Edited by Kelly the Dog

You were saying that reporters have 0 stake in who wins the battle unlike some on the board. It's not clear to me why that's true because if they make a pick wouldn't they be accountable for that. I guess you argument is they have 0 stake because they aren't making a pick. I now understand this assertion if that's what you're saying.

Correct. Forum posters have more at stake when they pick the lineup favorites. Reporters could care less.

Sadly, it sounds like we are handing the job to Cassel.

We're not, he's just getting more early because he's a vet. If he bombs against Carolina his reps should be significantly reduced in both practice and the rest of the games.

We're not, he's just getting more early because he's a vet. If he bombs against Carolina his reps should be significantly reduced in both practice and the rest of the games.

They probably will either way to get EJ/TT ready for the Cleveland scrimmage/game. I would expect them to be with the 1s on Sun, Mon, Tues with a little bit of Cassel also mixed in.

Edited by The Wiz

Some people are overreacting.

Rex said they wouldn't know the starter until 2 or 3 preseason games.

Why does anybody think a starter has emerged before the 1st preseason game?

Because WGR.

Starting to think that stands for Worst General Rationale

Edited by The Wiz

actually posters have more at stake. reporters get paid one way or another

This is true and false. They get paid one way or the other yes but if they write a piece that isn't worth anyone's time they don't get the clicks and that's bad for business. Which is also why I think most of the writers are in the Cassel camp because it seems like most people here that we would prefer EJ or TT over Cassel. Slating Cassel as being in the lead makes someone want to know why. Adding in stuff like "EJ is falling behind" gives an added twist to make anyone that backs EJ find out what he's doing wrong.

I think this is why guys like Jerry and bucky are highly regarded in the local media circles. They have a way of making people read something they don't want to read.

So tell me again why they would be pushing one QB over another?

I think my answer kind of sums up how I feel about the scenario so far. I'm sure others could see the same perspective. Edited by The Wiz

This is true and false. They get paid one way or the other yes but if they write a piece that isn't worth anyone's time they don't get the clicks and that's bad for business. Which is also why I think most of the writers are in the Cassel camp because it seems like most people here that we would prefer EJ or TT over Cassel. Slating Cassel as being in the lead makes someone want to know why. Adding in stuff like "EJ is falling behind" gives an added twist to make anyone that backs EJ find out what he's doing wrong.

I think my answer kind of sums up how I feel about the scenario so far. I'm sure others could see the same perspective.

If they only care about click bait, why are they writing the same story? Wouldn't one guy get more clicks if he wrote the only story that said, despite a bad week in practice, EJ is still in the lead. . I guarantee that story would get far more interest than the stories about Cassel starting