Is it time for Plan Z at QB

I would make a pitch to Jake Locker. What QB would not want to QB the Bills? They have talent in spades everywhere. It wouldn't take much to put up huge numbers in this offense

A young, but broken down, injury prone retired QB?? Good luck with that!

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I seriously doubt another QB will be added to compete to start. We have 3 guys already, and at some point that needs to get down 2 and then down to 1. You can't spread the ball around in terms of reps the whole preseason, you need to start installing your offense. And you can't install an offense with somone who doesnt know the offense.

We have a Vet

We have EJ with potential and a recent high pick

We have Taylor, a guy Rex really liked who is that high upside, unknown guy

There isn't a whole lot on the market, and I don't really see much that inspires more upside then the 3 guys we have on the roster. Its ride or die with this group this year IMO, unless an unexpected QB becomes available through a cut or made available via trade.

If EJ and Taylor end up disappointing, they have a vet in Cassel to ride this year. So, I just can't see another vet on the market thats any better than Cassel at this point, its pretty thin out there. And thats not saying a whole lot about Cassel, thats more of a testament to thin pickings right now.

So, lets all hope and pray that someone in that 3 can just step up and be solid and we can make some noise this year.

Edited by Alphadawg7

Pony up 3 yr $26M $15M guaranteed for Orton. Price will only get higher closer to opening day. Guy had a 90 rating with no running game no reps and Hackett/Marrone to overcome.

I wonder if dealing with those two assclowns led to Orton's decision to retire. He has been around enough to realize they both were incompetent, and likely left because of it.

E...it's time to throw in the towel on EJM. I realize some posters were vocal in their support and discontinuing that would be a blow to their pride, but it's time to move on. He's never improved on the accuracy issues that have troubled him since day 1. He also struggles to adapt to on-field pressure and his footwork remains sloppy.

Non-fans covering this team, i.e. reporters, have signaled his lack of improvement. Other than a blow to pride, I'm not sure why some fans continue to cling to the notion Manuel is OK.

If you think any other QB on the roster iis significantly better you are significantly deluded.

The best game of his career.

Oh so QB's can look good without pads after a few days of practice? I'm not pushing the panic button just yet- again I think Cassel will win the job and play well enough to get us to 10-6- but enough with excuses already. I am really looking forward to the beat reporters telling us, "hey this guy actually looked good in a practice today." We literally haven't gotten a report like that since Fitzpatrick was here, save for Manuel's one practice last year against the Steelers. Practice is really important guys. Especially for these QB's on this Bills team.

You got your wish. EJ has had that said about him two of the last three practices, and TT just had it said about him two straight practices.

I would make a pitch to Jake Locker. What QB would not want to QB the Bills? They have talent in spades everywhere. It wouldn't take much to put up huge numbers in this offense

Locker can do things that Manuel cannot ?

You got your wish. EJ has had that said about him two of the last three practices, and TT just had it said about him two straight practices.

EJ DA GREAT !!!

Would have to be quite the pitch to get him out of retirement.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000477807/article/jake-locker-announces-retirement-from-nfl

We like to make trades with Philly, why didn't we trade for Foles? He would be better than the bums we have now. Roman made Smith and Kaepernick works he could have done the same with Foles.

And why couldn't he do the same with EJ or Cassell or Taylor? Oh yeah, I forgot, they suck. Never mind.