Over-reacting early....DOOMED

Virgil

I know, right?

DDDDOOOOMMMMEEEDDDD!!!!!

A little history:

The DOOOOOOMED sarcasm thing really took off on this forum in the offseason of 2000....after HR throwback/last playoff appearance.

It was because a lot of people....I remember LABillzfan was one in particular.....just couldn't see how the momentum of 10 playoff appearances in 12 years could be stopped.

Changing the GM, coaching staff, offensive and defensive schemes and cutting a half dozen or so very good players for cap reasons basically totally eliminated the organizational identity.

Turns out starting over from scratch can, in fact be a curse. :lol:

All it takes is hiring one bad GM or HC and that can set you back 5 years. The Bills are on their fourth 5 year re-build since then.

I think the DOOOMED thing is funny as well.........but as Anton Chigurh said..."not in the sense that you mean" B-)

Definitely sucks. Without a decent qb, the season is already lost. A good defense does you no good if your offense can't stay on the field long enough to keep them rested. Still too early to hit the panic button, but it's not sounding good at this point.

I'm thankful that after this season I will never have to read again that EJ has only played a certain amount of games or how well he plays on 1st downs in the 2nd quarter when the wind is blowing southwest, or how the coaches screwed him up.

Knowing that an elderly quarterback who hasn't been even decent for five seasons is the best option is disheartening, to say the least.

Knowing that that there are at least 20 QBs who would have a chance of winning a Super Bowl with this group is really frustrating.

A little history:

The DOOOOOOMED sarcasm thing really took off on this forum in the offseason of 2000....after HR throwback/last playoff appearance.

It was because a lot of people....I remember LABillzfan was one in particular.....just couldn't see how the momentum of 10 playoff appearances in 12 years could be stopped.

Changing the GM, coaching staff, offensive and defensive schemes and cutting a half dozen or so very good players for cap reasons basically totally eliminated the organizational identity.

Turns out starting over from scratch can, in fact be a curse. :lol:

All it takes is hiring one bad GM or HC and that can set you back 5 years. The Bills are on their fourth 5 year re-build since then.

I think the DOOOMED thing is funny as well.........but as Anton Chigurh said..."not in the sense that you mean" B-)

Lol re the Chigurrh line!

All Doomed jokes aside...

BUT... This has to be the absolute worst group of QBs this franchise has ever attempted to field. And that includes the ever-so miserable 1984-1985 Bills teams that tried to field the likes of Vince Ferragamo, Bruce Mathison, and the mighty Joe Dufek.

I'd LOVE to see 'ol Joey D sling the rock instead of this group of camp fodder. The team may not be doomed, but I seriously doubt they win enough games to break the playoff drought.

Edited by Homey D. Clown