Eagles trade CB Brandon Boykin to Steelers

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a little surprised. Boykin was nowhere near the worst CB on the team last year. They made some improvements at DB, but they were already thin. Im curious to see their depth at the position when we play them in December.

i thought Boykin was solid. I guess he wanted to play outside corner and Chip wanted him in slot. 5th rd seems low return.

I hope this was a jab directed towards McCoy's earlier stupid comments and not something serious.

Why were McCoys comments stupid and why would this not be serious? I am assuming Chip a chit ton smarter bout football than me, but sure appears he wants to build a team that he can take total credit for if it is successful. I may be wrong, but sure appears to me he is more interested in proving his "system"'works than he is about anything else.

Why were McCoys comments stupid and why would this not be serious? I am assuming Chip a chit ton smarter bout football than me, but sure appears he wants to build a team that he can take total credit for if it is successful. I may be wrong, but sure appears to me he is more interested in proving his "system"'works than he is about anything else.

He said Chip doesn't want star players that will eclipse his attention. Which sounds awfully similar to one of the many stupid comments mccoy made this off-season about his former coach. I could understand when mccoy said it, because everyone knew he was just angry about being traded. But I didn't think anyone would actually believe those comments. If Chip didn't want star players, he wouldn't have signed demarco murray. If he didn't wan't players who "eclipse his attention", he wouldn't be taking a chance on a guy (Tim Tebow) who has a media circus that follows him wherever he goes.

By all accounts, Chip Kelly is the most frustrating coach for the media to deal with, because he never gives them comments for stories they're writing about him or the team, and he goes out of his way to avoid them for the most part. He's probably the most interesting coach in football. Which is why he gets all the media attention. But you can't blame him simply because the media loves to talk about him. Did you read the write-up the Washington Post did about him recently? If ever there was a coach who doesn't care for media attention, it's Chip Kelly. He just wants to win football games, his way, with his kind of players. That doesn't make him any different than any NFL coach I've ever known.

He said Chip doesn't want star players that will eclipse his attention. Which sounds awfully similar to one of the many stupid comments mccoy made this off-season about his former coach. I could understand when mccoy said it, because everyone knew he was just angry about being traded. But I didn't think anyone would actually believe those comments. If Chip didn't want star players, he wouldn't have signed demarco murray. If he didn't wan't players who "eclipse his attention", he wouldn't be taking a chance on a guy (Tim Tebow) who has a media circus that follows him wherever he goes.

By all accounts, Chip Kelly is the most frustrating coach for the media to deal with, because he never gives them comments for stories they're writing about him or the team, and he goes out of his way to avoid them for the most part. He's probably the most interesting coach in football. Which is why he gets all the media attention. But you can't blame him simply because the media loves to talk about him. Did you read the write-up the Washington Post did about him recently? If ever there was a coach who doesn't care for media attention, it's Chip Kelly. He just wants to win football games, his way, with his kind of players. That doesn't make him any different than any NFL coach I've ever known.

Let's see You don't agree with McCoys statements so therefore they are stupid comments. Understood Even if several other ex players and ex coaches as well as other commentators have said the same thing. But yoor opinion is worth more than theirs Therefore all of their statements are stupid as well.

And somehow bringing Tebow to camp proves what exactly?

And your closing argumnet agrees my very premise ... He wants to win games....but his way and with his players. I agree. I don't think any coach wants to lose games. That would be stupid. But has to be his players and his system ....he wants to prove he is the smartest guy in the room.

I'm calling it: Eagles will be in the running for the #1 overall pick.

You beat me to it. I've thought so ever since his QB moves blew up and he couldn't get Mariota like he obviously planned and is now stuck with Bradford, who doesn't strike me at all as a QB to run his fast paced system (or, actually, whoever's behind Sam when he eventually goes out for the season again). I never got the love that Peter King (he literally has a Chip Kelly item of the week in his column) and others shower in him.

You beat me to it. I've thought so ever since his QB moves blew up and he couldn't get Mariota like he obviously planned and is now stuck with Bradford, who doesn't strike me at all as a QB to run his fast paced system (or, actually, whoever's behind Sam when he eventually goes out for the season again). I never got the love that Peter King (he literally has a Chip Kelly item of the week in his column) and others shower in him.

Always thought Chip was angling for Mariota with Bradford as possible trade bait. Don't think Bradford is a bad choice to run his offence though. Bradford has a quick release, gets the ball out fast and makes decisions quickly. Whether he can stay healthy is anyone's guess however.

Chip reminds me a lot of his friend Belichek. His way or the highway. I'll be watching him and his team with interest.

Thurmand is supposed to be going to Safety. Who's going to be playing CB? The NFCE has some passers in it, they need CB's. Bizzare move.

your forgetting they have Kiko. they won't need corners with Kiko on the field.