• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

does the food really suck outside WNY?

Wings

Beef on Wyck

Fish

235976[/snapback]

I can't even begin to list all of the food I miss from Buffalo.

good wings

pizza

good sub sandwiches

Ted's hotdogs

bisons chip dip

fish fry's

Mighty Taco

good donuts (can't understand why Krispy Kreme is popular there.)

Andersons

Watsons sponge candy

Damn I'm making myself hungy. No wonder I gain weight whenever I go home to visit.

Yeah, here in Columbus there is this place called Old Bag of Nails Pub, they have a GREAT fish fry special, but every time I go in there I order a fish fry, not fish and chips and I get the weirdest looks. Also, those pastry hearts they sell in WNY, you can’t find those anywhere else. Same with sponge candy and weck.

I have never heard of this. Is this fish fried and then coated in Buffalo wing sauce?

lol

nah, think fish and chips fish. For some reason (lots of Catholics I guess) every restaurant you go to in WNY on a Friday sells fish fry....especially during Lent.

lol

nah, think fish and chips fish. For some reason (lots of Catholics I guess) every restaurant you go to in WNY on a Friday sells fish fry....especially during Lent.

236296[/snapback]

Got it, a fish fry in Buffalo...not a Buffalo fish fry.

Round here, they serve it with Mac and cheese every Fry-day. I like my fish broiled rather than fried. But the Mac and Cheese, ahh Too Die For.

In the mountains of North Carolina they're referred to as fish houses, as in "Yewin's better giton to the fish house raht adder church or yall won't be eatin' no fish n slaw n hush puppies til adder dok."

Have to wash it down with the official redneck drink of the Carolinas...Mella Yella.

In the mountains of North Carolina they're referred to as fish houses, as in "Yewin's better giton to the fish house raht adder church or yall won't be eatin' no fish n slaw n hush puppies til adder dok."

Have to wash it down with the official redneck drink of the Carolinas...Mella Yella.

236309[/snapback]

Aint nuttin bedda den a cold mella yella bubba.

Aint nuttin bedda  den a cold mella yella bubba.

236317[/snapback]

Dat raht. I uta go with a girl sum years ago who could swalla a whole bottle a mella yella in one guzzle. I'm here to tell ya she was a purdy thang. Jus afore she broke mah haht we'ns was tighter 'n two fingers up a pig's nose.

236309[/snapback]

Mellow Yellow- the Worlds Fastest Soft Drink! Remember the old commercials with World B Free? Am I the only Buffalo Braves fan that has become a Clippers fan?

Mellow Yellow- the Worlds Fastest Soft Drink!  Remember the old commercials with World B Free?  Am I the only Buffalo Braves fan that has become a Clippers fan?

236323[/snapback]

:ph34r:

I remember the Domino "Sugar Bear" that used to dance around the Aud and pass out sugar cubes during breaks in Braves games, and got pelted with same.

World B. Free...haven't heard that name in decades. :lol: