Walmart and Unions

millbank

$2 for four and they make money do it in china and they make lots of money . how much profit do they have to make . they even pay for JACK W. news paper

236117[/snapback]

You do understand that GE is a multi-faceted corporation and their solvency is based on the happiness of their shareholders, right? The stock took a short term tumble and that generally means not good things across the board. Their reaction was similiar to what most companies would have done and the stock has begun to ascend again. That is what they are charged with doing and they are regularly considered one of the world's best run companies.

Americans have a hard time understanding that all the regulation they keep begging the government to enact affects corporate bottom lines. At a certain point, it becomes much more attractive to move your $75 per hour burdened employees to other countries where work of similiar quality can be performed for significantly less money without excessive taxation and regulation.

More government = less jobs. Always has, always will. Here's an example: For just one statute, the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act, EPA has issued 17,000 pages of regulations and proposed regulations.

Evil corporations are the problem, not the government, not unions, nor the stupid populous that continues to drink the Koolaid. :ph34r:

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You seem to have a tough time grasping the concept of how businesses work. They are not charity organizations. Their purpose is to make money. If you have disposable people, whose fault is that? The people that made themselves disposable or the company?

236115[/snapback]

Wait a minute. I thought a great-paying job with full bennies was a right, not a privilege? Damn, i hate when I'm wrong.

or at the very least, accept it, learn to live within those means (of the job that YOU accepted, knowing the wage) and STFU!

236114[/snapback]

You cannot possibly be this ignorant. Accept it, many have no choice simply because there are enough jobs out there, or the jobs that are out there do not pay nearly enough.

They already sacraficed and are living within their means because they have no choice. We are talking about improving the quality of life for many of the individuals through union representation SO they can have a better paying job,. and a happier existence.

Something you are obviously hell bent on preventing. Just because you have a decent paying job doesn't mean many others are as fortunate.

Also getting more money into the hands of the lower and middle classes is a great way to stimulate the economy. More people with more money = more spending. But what the hell lets make sure the money stays in the hands of the ivory tower people. God knows they could use another Porsche, another 3 week Carribean Vacation, a boat, a vaction house, and a few more stock market investments while way too many are lvining at poverty levels or just enough to live week to week no matter how much more they cut out.

My Dad and many of the parent of posters in here barely made it out of highschool. They all were capable of finding solid jobs making excellent wages that took care of all of us when we were children. Most of them depended on unions to ensure this Amercian dream. Now so many of you have turned their noses up at the so many who are just looking to achieve a solid lifestyle and a chunk of their American dream. shame on you. The rich are getting richer at the expense of us all.

Wait a minute. I thought a great-paying job with full bennies was a right, not a privilege? Damn, i hate when I'm wrong.

236132[/snapback]

The current generation seems to think that things need to be handed to them instead of earned.

If my company thought it was cost effective enough to consider taking my job and shipping it to India, knowing it would still get done properly, and with the same quality, I would be PISSED, but there's no way I could blame the company.

That, and I know I have a couple of degrees, a bit of experience and I don't have a "whoa is me" attitude, and I would go out and find another job.

Look at your job. Is it disposable? Could any grown adult do your job with very minimal training and no education? If so, you might wanna think about making yourself less disposable.

God, I can't stand this "it's everybody else's fault but mine" attitude. I may have to burn my voter's registration card after this thread! :lol:

236126[/snapback]

Come over to the light side, you won't regret it!

You know you're not a pantywaisted, limp-wristed, linguini-spined liberal!!

:ph34r:

your job can be done in india and the cost could be 1 qt of what you make

236124[/snapback]

Mead, but again, you are not thinking.

I work at a company of 170 people. To take MY job to india, and train someone to do what I do, and communication costs (in both long distant phone calls, setting up computers to communicate) and training them on the 8 systems are proprietary to my company, it would NOT cost that much less in the sceme of things .

It's almost like the law of diminishing returns, just in reverse.

It would cost an arm and a leg for my company to send just my job over there. But, if they wanted to send me and the 5 other people in the Marketing department over there, it would cost a bit less for each person after that, however, it would still be expensive.

HOWEVER, the low skill positions, such as costomer service, in which there are 65 people, the law of diminishing returns in reverse (I guess you could call it the law of diminishing costs) would come into affect and sending job #64 as compared to job #65 would be almost unnoticable as far as costs to the company.

Low skill jobs are easier to move, as the costs diminishes with each extra job.

You do understand that GE is a multi-faceted corporation and their solvency is based on the happiness of their shareholders, right?  The stock took a short term tumble and that generally means not good things across the board.  Their reaction was similiar to what most companies would have done and the stock has begun to ascend again.  That is what they are charged with doing and they are regularly considered one of the world's best run companies.

Oh sure now you want us to bow to the ivory tower 'shareholders', as if they have anything to do with the company's success compared to the workers!

You cannot possibly be this ignorant. Accept it, many have no choice simply because there are enough jobs out there.

They already sacraficed and are living within their means because they have no choice. We are talking about improving the quality of life for many of the individuals through union representation SO they can have a better paying job,. and a happier existence.

Something you are obviously hell bent on preventing. Just because you have a decent paying job doesn't mean many others as fortunate.

Also getting more money into the hands of the lower and middle classes is a great way to stimulate the economy. More people with more money = more spending. But what the hell lets make sure the money stays in the hands of the ivory tower people. God knows they could use another Porsche, another 3 week Carribean Vacation, a boat, a vaction house, and a few more stock market investments while way too many are lvining at poverty levels or just enough to live week to week no matter how much more they cut out.

My Dad and many of the parent of posters in here barely made it out of highschool. They all were capable of finding solid jobs making  excellent wages that took care of all of us when we were children. Most of them depended on unions to ensure this Amercian dream. Now so many of you have turned their noses up at the so many who are just looking to achieve a solid lifestyle and a chunk of their American dream.  shame on you. The rich are getting richer at the expense of us all.

236136[/snapback]

Welcome to the ever evolving human race/American Society. I also missed the part that excluded the average American from making a better life for themselves by taking advantage of the same opportunities to invest that rich people have.

I love the "Porche, vacation, house, boat argument" too. Because there aren't any jobs created by wealthy people buying these things or investing money in the stock market. :ph34r:

Come over to the light side, you won't regret it!

You know you're not a pantywaisted, limp-wristed, linguini-spined liberal!!

:ph34r:

236140[/snapback]

Good Ole Joe the neocon.

Its always us vs: them with you. If you don't see it Joe's way then you are obviously nothing more then left wing extremist hell bent on delivering the devils deeds.

Joe you seriously have to manage your completly blind ignorance.

OOps, now he's going to attack me with some neoconservative non sense.

You cannot possibly be this ignorant. Accept it, many have no choice simply because there are enough jobs out there, or the jobs that are out there do not pay nearly enough.

There are not enough jobs? Yes there are. Believe me. There are jobs out there. There are just people who think they are above taking them.

Something you are obviously hell bent on preventing. Just because you have a decent paying job doesn't mean many others are as fortunate.

236136[/snapback]

Fortunate has NOTHING to do with it.

You do understand that GE is a multi-faceted corporation and their solvency is based on the happiness of their shareholders, right?  The stock took a short term tumble and that generally means not good things across the board.  Their reaction was similiar to what most companies would have done and the stock has begun to ascend again.  That is what they are charged with doing and they are regularly considered one of the world's best run companies.

Americans have a hard time understanding that all the regulation they keep begging the government to enact affects corporate bottom lines.  At a certain point, it becomes much more attractive to move your $75 per hour burdened employees to other countries where work of similiar quality can be performed for significantly less money without excessive taxation and regulation.

More government = less jobs.  Always has, always will.  Here's an example: For just one statute, the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act, EPA has issued 17,000 pages of regulations and proposed regulations.

Evil corporations are the problem, not the government, not unions, nor the stupid populous that continues to drink the Koolaid.  :ph34r:

236130[/snapback]

my stock lost a lot of money . still how much is enough money ???the day will come when people will not be able afford to buy what GE makes . i do not know how people on $10 per hr. jobs make it . rent , food ins., clothing, gas to get to work ????????????????

Good Ole Joe the neocon.

Its always us vs: them with you. If you don't see it Joe's way then you are obviously nothing more then left wing extremist hell bent on delivering the devils deeds.

Joe you seriously have to manage your completly blind ignorance.

OOps, now he's going to attack me with some neoconservative non sense.

236149[/snapback]

First of all, you, I'm no neocon. I'm a PALEOcon. Small government, nonexistent taxes and a COMPLETE and PERFECT free market.

That's what I believe in. While I laud Bush's tax cuts, he's f*cked it all up by spending too much to appease limp-wristed whiners such as yourself.

How about this....you're laid off, right? Use some of your "government entitlements", take out a student loan and go to college rather than sitting around witha thumb up your arse.

There's a novel idea. PERSONAL ACCOUNTABILITY.

i do not know how people on $10 per hr. jobs make it . rent , food ins., clothing, gas to get to work ????????????????

236152[/snapback]

What is stopping them from getting a better job? It sounds like the only thing stopping them is themselves.

Welcome to the ever evolving human race/American Society.  I also missed the part that excluded the average American from making a better life for themselves by taking advantage of the same opportunities to invest that rich people have.

I love the "Porche, vacation, house, boat argument" too.  Because there aren't any jobs created by wealthy people buying these things.  :ph34r:

236146[/snapback]

Ahh yes it takes money to invest, and you seem to be under th edellusion that many people here are making enough to invest.

I have some money put away, but I barely make enough to pay all my bills. In fact right now I am unemployed for the 3rd time this year. I continually get offered temporary work and I accept it because I have no choice. I have been on 20 interviews in thelast 6 months and many of these jobs are only offering &12 - $16 an hour with no benefits, or benefits after 120 days.

People have the same opportunity to invest, but unless you take a look at the reality of the picture, many of these people do not have the extra income, and that why we need to provide better wages and livings for workers.

and yes there are some jobs created by wealthy people buying things, but there would be much more created by giving wages to the masses that encourage them to buy things. Trickle down economics will never work. The rich are not going ot invest into more jobs unless there more people capable of buying the product.

Its unbelievable how easy it is for people to say screw you if you can't make more money, its not my fualt. Welcome to the new heartless America.

my stock lost a lot of money . still how much is enough money ???the day will come when people will not be able afford to buy what GE makes . i do not know how people on $10 per hr. jobs make it . rent , food ins., clothing, gas to get to work ????????????????

236152[/snapback]

Your stock didn't lose any money if you didn't sell it. It lost value which has returned. Smart investors put more money in GE when it devalued.

You think you can't make it on $10 an hour? Go visit a foriegn country where they make $200 a YEAR.

If you can't make it in America, you ain't making it ANYWHERE.

Your stock didn't lose any money if you didn't sell it.  It lost value which has returned.  Smart investors put more money in GE when it devalued.

You think you can't make it on $10 an hour?  Go visit a foriegn country where they make $200 a YEAR.

If you can't make it in America, you ain't making it ANYWHERE.

236167[/snapback]

Yeah...this guy reminds me of the Dead Kennedy's song "Holiday In Cambodia". i'd love to see him survive in the barrios of Mexico City or the slums in Gaza.

What is stopping them from getting a better job? It sounds like the only thing stopping them is themselves.

236158[/snapback]

What you think it easy finding better work. I have been struggling for over a year to find better work, and I have 2 college degrees, and have graduated with honors. I send out numerous resumes a week, and I try to contact anyone I know who can help me. There are very few opportunites and those that are above average receive 100's of applicants.

Take your heads out of your butts people. The fact is there are not enough good solid jobs around for everyone, and until there are more opportunities created, and sacrafices made at the top more and more people will continue to sink lower and lower into povery or worse. Many companies choose to higher temp workers so they don't have to offer any benefits, and many peopl eaccept these jobs simply because they have no choice.