Music Suggestions

I know this has been discussed in the past, but there have been new albums since those threads. I am a big fan of Jason Isbell mainly due to the recommendations on TBD. I have Southeastern and Live Form Alabama so far. I am looking at stocking up on some new music before heading out on vacation to the Canadian wilderness. Does anyone have any suggestions for the same type of music? Something along the lines of Isbell, Blind Melon, Black Crowes type of sound. I heard a good Reckless Kelly song on Pandora that caught my interest but I have not heard anything else by them. What albums would you want playing if you were sitting around a campfire in the middle of nowhere?

Jason has a new album out now or very soon. Along those lines, Warren Haynes & Railroad Earth have a new CD out. Dawes is always good to have in your earbuds. Trampled by Turtles is a fun alt-bluegrass band. Wilco/Tweedy etc. My Morning Jacket, Courtney Barnett...I could go on and on and on

I know this has been discussed in the past, but there have been new albums since those threads. I am a big fan of Jason Isbell mainly due to the recommendations on TBD. I have Southeastern and Live Form Alabama so far. I am looking at stocking up on some new music before heading out on vacation to the Canadian wilderness. Does anyone have any suggestions for the same type of music? Something along the lines of Isbell, Blind Melon, Black Crowes type of sound. I heard a good Reckless Kelly song on Pandora that caught my interest but I have not heard anything else by them. What albums would you want playing if you were sitting around a campfire in the middle of nowhere?

probably not what you are looking for, but I listened to Kendrick Lamar's "To Pimp a Butterfly", I enjoyed it a lot, but if you aren't a hip hop guy, you probably won't

Lone Bellow

The Word(R. Randolph Medeski & N. Miss Allstars)

Houndmouth

Madison Ward & The Mama Bear

Kopecky

Fly Golden Eagle

Milky Chance

Future Islands

Jason has a new album out now or very soon. Along those lines, Warren Haynes & Railroad Earth have a new CD out. Dawes is always good to have in your earbuds. Trampled by Turtles is a fun alt-bluegrass band. Wilco/Tweedy etc. My Morning Jacket, Courtney Barnett...I could go on and on and on

It looks like the Warren Haynes & Railroad Earth doesn't come out until later this month. Thanks for the suggestions! I will check them out.

Richard Thompson has a new album out, produced by Jeff Tweedy, the tracks I have heard are very good.

Anderson East, a young up and comer out of Muscle Shoals, great sound.

Tell me to stop anytime, I could go on and on

before you tell me to stop

Alabama Shakes....

Lake Street Dive

The Districts

• 1 month later...

I recomend getting Sirius. At least a 6 month run at it, you'll be exposed to a ton of music you'd never hear. so many great stations.

x

that ain't country boy

this is country boy

don't mistake the two

this song is far superior. lyrics are far superior.

Taylor Swift

i love me some taytay.

Edited by Boyst62

I cannot wait for Ryan Adam's version of Taylor Swift's 1989 album to come out, Ryan Adams is frigging awesome

"Cuts Like a Knife" and "Reckless" were two awesome 80s albums, IMO.

I recomend getting Sirius. At least a 6 month run at it, you'll be exposed to a ton of music you'd never hear. so many great stations.

that ain't country boy

this is country boy

don't mistake the two

i love me some taytay.

I was only kidding about Taylor. She has ok pop, but Im not really a true fan.

that ain't country boy

this is country boy

don't mistake the two

i love me some taytay.

Jimmy dick, country boy is freaking whack!!!!!!