US soldiers opposed to war now find Canada less hospitable

We live in a world in which the reality is that there are individuals who wish to do us great harm, and have made that known to us in no uncertain terms. It would be irresponsible to sit back and wait for them to bloody us, given their stated intentions. In today's world, a foreign policy that projects our military might outward may well be the most wise policy.

That aside, it is with those objectives that our military recruits.

You've seen this, I presume?

GrayAmNavy_Taglogo-article-display-b.jpg

I'm going to agree to disagree on the bolded part. You have bought into this boogey man theory and I have not. Yes, there are dangers. If we get intel that a specific attack is in the works, yeah stop it. Someone does attack us and we wipe them off the map. But attack a country because it's leader might build a nuke someday and give it to a terrorist, not so much.

Yes, I have seen the Navy slogan. Navy does a lot of good work.

You do realize it's a marketing slogan to try to get people to sign up for the Navy, right?

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Get technical why don't ya? They don't still make helicopters and weapons systems?

Your statement might be right, but still doesn't negate my point?

Surely you're not saying defense contractors do not have a vested interest in when the US goes to war, are you?

Read it again. I disagreed with your retarded and ignorant statement that current defense levels are "adequate."

Define "adequate".

Are you !@#$ing kidding me? You said defense was adequate, and now I'm required to define your own statement for you? After giving concrete, verifiable examples of why you're wrong?

No arguments here. But just because someone signs up for the military doesn't mean they should be deployed willy nilly in perpetual wars where we are not threatened. Leadership has the responsibility to use them wisely and only when needed IMHO. It's the Department of DEFENSE, not the Department of OFFENSE.

Dude, STFU. There isn't a single person who signs up who doesn't understand the commitment. And no one is delusional enough to think politicians are going to make good decisions regarding the military. We ALL knew/know better.

Dude, STFU. There isn't a single person who signs up who doesn't understand the commitment. And no one is delusional enough to think politicians are going to make good decisions regarding the military. We ALL knew/know better.

But it's not the politicians making the decisions. It's companies like Northrup-Grummonds and Boing and Lockhead-Martian.

We do? Do you feel our current defenses are inadequate or that we should be invading someone big and need the headcount?

Are you !@#$ing kidding me? You said defense was adequate, and now I'm required to define your own statement for you? After giving concrete, verifiable examples of why you're wrong?

Something wrong with the ole sarcasm meter DC?

I was responding to KD's question.

Your opinion is that it's not and that's cool.

None of our military shortcomings have been due to the military or a lack of air craft carriers, but the Commander in Chief(s). Somehow I think we can limp by with the air craft carriers we have. As far as Commander in Chief, that's a whole other deal.

Something wrong with the ole sarcasm meter DC?

I was responding to KD's question.

Your opinion is that it's not and that's cool.

None of our military shortcomings have been due to the military or a lack of air craft carriers, but the Commander in Chief(s). Somehow I think we can limp by with the air craft carriers we have. As far as Commander in Chief, that's a whole other deal.

Only one of us is informed, and it's not you. You have absolutely no basis for having an opinion on the matter.

If you are claiming that none of our military failures were due to inadequate material being available, you are grossly mistaken. There have been many such instances in our past.

If you are claiming that none of our military failures were due to inadequate material being available, you are grossly mistaken. There have been many such instances in our past.

Like what? Seriously, can you tell me about a few of the many times when missions were failed or compromised due to faulty or under supplied equipment?

The only one I can think of off the top of my head was Operation Eagle Claw, the failed Iran hostage rescue mission in 1980.

Like what? Seriously, can you tell me about a few of the many times when missions were failed or compromised due to faulty or under supplied equipment?

The only one I can think of off the top of my head was Operation Eagle Claw, the failed Iran hostage rescue mission in 1980.

Guadalcanal, Buna, the submarine campaign against Japan in WWII. There's three examples from one year in one theater of one war.

Funny thing, too, is that Eagle Claw isn't an example. That failed because of bad C&C and staff work, not faulty equipment.

You really are an ignorant little spud.

Guadalcanal, Buna, the submarine campaign against Japan in WWII. There's three examples from one year in one theater of one war.

Funny thing, too, is that Eagle Claw isn't an example. That failed because of bad C&C and staff work, not faulty equipment.

You really are an ignorant little spud.

Anything in the last 70 years? I was responding to your idiotic statement that our military is not adequate due to under supply and sherpa's comment that it had happened many times. If yall can't come up with anything in the last 10 years or so that caused a failure or defeat, sort of calls your point into question.

Name calling is always an effective strategy when you're typing out of your A$$ (again).

Edited by reddogblitz