Expired and lost passport question

I had a passport back in the late 80's, never renewed it, well it is long expired and who knows where it may be. Do I need to report it as lost when re-applying for a passport or can i just say i don't have a passport? If i report it as lost does filling out the additional paperwork cause a delay? Mind you, I have no plans to go anywhere, simply felt it was time to act like a grownup and have a passport. I have an appointment next week, just want to be prepared.

I had a passport back in the late 80's, never renewed it, well it is long expired and who knows where it may be. Do I need to report it as lost when re-applying for a passport or can i just say i don't have a passport? If i report it as lost does filling out the additional paperwork cause a delay? Mind you, I have no plans to go anywhere, simply felt it was time to act like a grownup and have a passport. I have an appointment next week, just want to be prepared.

I lost a passport about 10 years ago, mind you an active one. Replacement was only good for one year, then had to get an extension. Don't remember any added time, but I did go directly to the Passport office in DC

BTW we went to Mexico last November. My wife was packing and I came home and she was in tears. She's a tough one an never cries. She couldn't find her passport and was certain it was taken when we were burgled a couple years ago. I felt so bad for her. Luckily she found it.

BTW we went to Mexico last November. My wife was packing and I came home and she was in tears. She's a tough one an never cries. She couldn't find her passport and was certain it was taken when we were burgled a couple years ago. I felt so bad for her. Luckily she found it.

Glock?

Thank God. I read the thread title and thought you had passed on.

• 1 month later...

so they rejected my photo because there was a glare coming off my glasses and told me to get another taken without glasses. I am going back to the original purchase place with my receipt and see if they will do it for free...they advertise passport photos, they should know how to correctly take the pictures. what a pain in the ass

My last PP was from 2000-2010. I just got it renewed last December (2014)... I was barely within the 5 year range for renewel (April 2015).

If you go over 5 years expired... I am pretty sure you have to start the main process over again.

Not sure? That's how I interpreted it. Under 16 is only good for 5 years... My son turned 16 last June and his expired... I wanted to renew his the same time I got ours (wife too)... Because then all three of us will be 10 years good. Daughter is still 13, she will be the sticky wicked and have an expiration date between us next time she gets her new on (will be over 16). They used to do 13 (I think) and over as 10 years, until kids started jumping planes to Germany... ;-)

Hope this helps... Pooj, just look at it like you never had one I guess.

so they rejected my photo because there was a glare coming off my glasses and told me to get another taken without glasses. I am going back to the original purchase place with my receipt and see if they will do it for free...they advertise passport photos, they should know how to correctly take the pictures. what a pain in the ass

Just go to a Post Office (PO) that do them, they almost all do. One PP won't be that much and they will do it all for you. You make an appointment... They will mail them all off, have a PP officer right on staff.

Yeah, i have gone through all the paperwork submission, 3 weeks in i get a letter from the department of state telling me the photo i submitted isn't gonna work so i just need to send a new photo, but i don't feel i need to pay for it again, not that the $13 is gonna break me, just out of principle.

My last PP was from 2000-2010. I just got it renewed last December (2014)... I was barely within the 5 year range for renewel (April 2015).

If you go over 5 years expired... I am pretty sure you have to start the main process over again.

Not sure? That's how I interpreted it. Under 16 is only good for 5 years... My son turned 16 last June and his expired... I wanted to renew his the same time I got ours (wife too)... Because then all three of us will be 10 years good. Daughter is still 13, she will be the sticky wicked and have an expiration date between us next time she gets her new on (will be over 16). They used to do 13 (I think) and over as 10 years, until kids started jumping planes to Germany... ;-)

Hope this helps... Pooj, just look at it like you never had one I guess.

Yeah, i have gone through all the paperwork submission, 3 weeks in i get a letter from the department of state telling me the photo i submitted isn't gonna work so i just need to send a new photo, but i don't feel i need to pay for it again, not that the $13 is gonna break me, just out of principle.

Oops... I caught that after I posted. Sorry. They held up my son's and daughters a little and wanted extra verification, was a royal pain and we were sweating it because he was getting close to leaving for Europe. Get the picture re-taken and send it off. They seem easy to work with, website has a way to check the process and they can give you email alerts. When they rejected it, they laid the whole process out on how to get it approved, right? Send it certified, receipt request... We did that w/our son's extra info they wanted... Just in case it didn't get lost.

Funny. When we got our Glock she wanted a holster to carry around the house. She didn't want to be caught with it in the bedroom if someone kicks down the back door. :lol:

That's why I have all my doors booby-trapped with shotguns.

This is very interesting. When I flew to Southern CA a couple weeks ago there was a Middle Eastern guy in front of me. After the TSA person scanned his passport he said "have a nice flight Mr. Poojer."

Oddly enough, that Mr. Poojer was traveling with a marathon runner on her period.

Coincidence?