My open letter to you all

Trust me. They will be indoctrinated whether or not you try to make them Bills fans. I gave my boys free will to choose what team they wanted to back. In the end they see my passion for the Bills and they wind up by my side watching every painful moment. They can call themselves fans of whatever team they want but they will always root for the Bills, their father's team. And I will always have the memories of them watching the games with me, high five-ing the good times and consoling me in bad. Go Bills!!!

thats just another reason we love the little buggers. even when they all become big buggers.

Really cool post.

wasn't it though? that Augie is alright sometimes

BTW

CBF

you are alright my Friend!

Cheers!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thats just another reason we love the little buggers. even when they all become big buggers.

Cheers!

It's those years in between little buggers and big buggers that can be rather trying at times! I'm hoping we're past all that - we need a break.

I know I posted this last year but I wanted to post it again for new members and with all the new excitement surrounding our team this year...

Like many others I’m sure, my father raised me as a Bills fan and it is one of the best things that has happened to me (besides the birth of my daughter and marrying my wife)

It is one of my fathers and mines closest bonds and still is to this day. Every day we talk about the Bills and what we think needs to be done with the team or the latest rumors we hear. I tell him that I get all my sources from this message board. You all are great. I rarely need to check Twitter or Google anything because I know that someone will have posted something on here first and it holds true 100% of the time. This board is truly amazing and I feel honored to be a member and fellow poster.

Looking back through all the years I have come to realize that many of many of my happiest memories come from the Bills. Especially going to the Ralph.

Being from Toronto and now living in Hamilton, we don’t get to experience the level of fun, excitement, and comradery that one experiences going to Bills games in Buffalo.

I always get to the stadium early around 8am, just to take everything in. I stop at the duty free where friendly nods are exchanged with other Canadians wearing Bills jersey’s and shakes of the head are exchanged at fellow stupid Canadians who are wearing the jersey of a team who isn’t even playing.

I pull in to the parking lot and as soon as I open my car door I am greeted with everything I have been looking forward to since I bought my tickets in the summer.

I see all my fellow Bills fans and just feel at home. I hear the sounds of chatter, laughter and sports radio talk as fans tailgate with their trunk open and the radio on. I get to see special moments happen in front of me such as a father tossing around the football with his son. I also am greeted with the wonderful smell of tailgating. Oh what a smell. It’s just too perfect. I always tell people who never have been to a Bills game in Buffalo that the game itself is just one part of the experience and that the hours before the game are just as special.

I can not tell you all how happy I am that the Pegula's ended the Toronto series. I hated it so much. More than a fat kid hates a diet. Those who know me on here know how much I loathed that series and actually had an old avatar showing my protest against it. Bills football belongs in Buffalo no question about it just like the NFL belongs in the USA.

I have been going to Bills games for the past 28 years and there has never been a time that I remember where I was made fun of for being Canadian. In fact, I sometimes get thanks for my countries strong beer lol

I just wanted to thank all of you for playing a part in some of my best memories and for being the main reason why Bills fans are among the most passionate and best fans in the world and for the great feeling that we are all part of one enormous family.

Go BIlls!!!!!!!

And.....

I love you all so much!!!! :wub::wub::wub::wub::wub: (for the shoutbox people)

From your Canadian Bills Fan

CBF

Wow, as a fellow Canadian I feel the exact same way. It's almost as if we have experienced the exact same things. The only difference in that entire letter, is that I was born in Hamilton (now live north.) Other than that....ditto!

Cheers!

Go Bills!

It's those years in between little buggers and big buggers that can be rather trying at times! I'm hoping we're past all that - we need a break.

: )

the work gets rewarded eventually i can assure you.

you might nearly be dead but you will see why you worked so darned and say, alright maybe it took. They are going to be okay.

My son and talk about the Bills and he, his Raiders. I still recall our first game. we will always have the Bills to discuss. he is good to me like that. daughters dont care one bit of course

Wow, as a fellow Canadian I feel the exact same way. It's almost as if we have experienced the exact same things. The only difference in that entire letter, is that I was born in Hamilton (now live north.) Other than that....ditto!

Cheers!

Go Bills!

the work gets rewarded eventually i can assure you.

The last time it seemed "easy" or "normal" the Bills were winning playoff games. I have hope on both fronts now, but it's been a long, dry spell.

Great thread. Grew up in Buffalo, then ended up in DC and now I'm in Cincy with two young kids. They see my passion for the Bills and I just hope it's contagious and they don't end up Bungles fans! I never even considered rooting for Skins or Bengals. Sort of liked the Nats bc didn't grow up w MLB team.

Go Bills!

I'm new to this forum. Seems like a nice place to converse with fellow Bills fans and have intelligent conversations.

I've grown to enjoy being part of a multi-cultural fanbase that shares a team representing the regions of two separate countries. You don't see it too often - Seahawks have the Vancouver area, Chargers have the Tijuana-Mexico area, not sure about Packers, Vikings, Lions - but it's fun to interact with Canadians before and during home games.

Hey Wayne. Welcome and brace yourself for both intelligent conversations and stupid comments. I fall in with the latter except not to you. This is not a nice place to converse with Bills fans. IT IS THE PLACE.

Cheers!

Go Bills!

Thanks man!

Where abouts in Hamilton?

CBF

My son who just turned 5 has the knowledge of a 20 year old about the Bills. I asked him what he thinks about the Bills and his response is "Dad, sometimes they win when their good and they lose when they stink". I think that's the epitome of the last 15 years. He's also a closet Broncos fan (my wife's team) and I asked him why the Broncos win all the time... his response "Because they have Peyton Manning".

Hopefully we can prove this year that you don't need Peyton to win a championship.

I know I posted this last year but I wanted to post it again for new members and with all the new excitement surrounding our team this year...

Like many others I’m sure, my father raised me as a Bills fan and it is one of the best things that has happened to me (besides the birth of my daughter and marrying my wife)

It is one of my fathers and mines closest bonds and still is to this day. Every day we talk about the Bills and what we think needs to be done with the team or the latest rumors we hear. I tell him that I get all my sources from this message board. You all are great. I rarely need to check Twitter or Google anything because I know that someone will have posted something on here first and it holds true 100% of the time. This board is truly amazing and I feel honored to be a member and fellow poster.

Looking back through all the years I have come to realize that many of many of my happiest memories come from the Bills. Especially going to the Ralph.

Being from Toronto and now living in Hamilton, we don’t get to experience the level of fun, excitement, and comradery that one experiences going to Bills games in Buffalo.

I always get to the stadium early around 8am, just to take everything in. I stop at the duty free where friendly nods are exchanged with other Canadians wearing Bills jersey’s and shakes of the head are exchanged at fellow stupid Canadians who are wearing the jersey of a team who isn’t even playing.

I pull in to the parking lot and as soon as I open my car door I am greeted with everything I have been looking forward to since I bought my tickets in the summer.

I see all my fellow Bills fans and just feel at home. I hear the sounds of chatter, laughter and sports radio talk as fans tailgate with their trunk open and the radio on. I get to see special moments happen in front of me such as a father tossing around the football with his son. I also am greeted with the wonderful smell of tailgating. Oh what a smell. It’s just too perfect. I always tell people who never have been to a Bills game in Buffalo that the game itself is just one part of the experience and that the hours before the game are just as special.

I can not tell you all how happy I am that the Pegula's ended the Toronto series. I hated it so much. More than a fat kid hates a diet. Those who know me on here know how much I loathed that series and actually had an old avatar showing my protest against it. Bills football belongs in Buffalo no question about it just like the NFL belongs in the USA.

I have been going to Bills games for the past 28 years and there has never been a time that I remember where I was made fun of for being Canadian. In fact, I sometimes get thanks for my countries strong beer lol

I just wanted to thank all of you for playing a part in some of my best memories and for being the main reason why Bills fans are among the most passionate and best fans in the world and for the great feeling that we are all part of one enormous family.

Go BIlls!!!!!!!

And.....

I love you all so much!!!! :wub::wub::wub::wub::wub: (for the shoutbox people)

From your Canadian Bills Fan

CBF

Loved this post, my dad tried to instill his love for the Bills in me at an early age, but it never really caught on. I lived in Rochester until I was 8 and then moved to Philadelphia and at the time didnt consider myself really a Bills fans. It took to be surround by all the idiot Eagles fans to go back to my roots, and become a much bigger Bills fans. My first real memory was the snow out game of Bills-Dolphins when Ricky Williams ran for 200+ yards and the Bills still came out with the win. From then on I was hooked. I remember the heartbreak of losing to the Steelers back ups in 2004 to miss the playoffs, and my Dad told me you'll get used to that kind of stuff as a Bills fans. As a 22 year old, I can't remember the Bills playing in the postseason.

We try and make it back to the home opener and one other game every year. We usually park in the front lawn of someones house on Abbott and walk to Danny's for a tailgate with my Dad's cousin/friends. There is absolutely nothing that gives me the goosebumps quite like the tailgate and the Ralph on a fall Sunday. My first purchase after starting my full time job was Bills season tickets with my dad, I absolutely cannot wait September 13th!!!!!

My son who just turned 5 has the knowledge of a 20 year old about the Bills. I asked him what he thinks about the Bills and his response is "Dad, sometimes they win when their good and they lose when they stink". I think that's the epitome of the last 15 years. He's also a closet Broncos fan (my wife's team) and I asked him why the Broncos win all the time... his response "Because they have Peyton Manning".

Hopefully we can prove this year that you don't need Peyton to win a championship.

I thought thats been proven time and time again :rolleyes:

Is this a "Farewell, Cruel World" letter?

yeah, don't go and hurt yourself or something.... enjoy the darn summer. forget about the NFL for another month or so... go to the beach, get in the water, have a beer and a cigar.. wait... i'm sitting here writing this....

Loved this post, my dad tried to instill his love for the Bills in me at an early age, but it never really caught on. I lived in Rochester until I was 8 and then moved to Philadelphia and at the time didnt consider myself really a Bills fans. It took to be surround by all the idiot Eagles fans to go back to my roots, and become a much bigger Bills fans. My first real memory was the snow out game of Bills-Dolphins when Ricky Williams ran for 200+ yards and the Bills still came out with the win. From then on I was hooked. I remember the heartbreak of losing to the Steelers back ups in 2004 to miss the playoffs, and my Dad told me you'll get used to that kind of stuff as a Bills fans. As a 22 year old, I can't remember the Bills playing in the postseason.

We try and make it back to the home opener and one other game every year. We usually park in the front lawn of someones house on Abbott and walk to Danny's for a tailgate with my Dad's cousin/friends. There is absolutely nothing that gives me the goosebumps quite like the tailgate and the Ralph on a fall Sunday. My first purchase after starting my full time job was Bills season tickets with my dad, I absolutely cannot wait September 13th!!!!!

I am so old - thinking about your first memory being the snow game. I thought that just happened! Haha. Jim Kelly on the sidelines going crazy! One of the most fun games ever!

This is a great post. I've seen on here so many times that we've lost a whole generation of fans with the non playoff years..........But, all of my friends' sons are your age, give or take, and including my nephew, etc. - they're all huge Bills fans - and "get it" like you do.