And new Champion of the World Connor McGregor!!!

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sherk?! please (and I'm fan of his)

He will own Edger too, He does need to work on his wresting but it's better than Silva's and he did pretty good for a striker. McGregor has got "IT" and is going to be around for awhile (wonder if he can play QB too?)

:lol:

Sherk?! please (and I'm fan of his)

He will own Edger too, He does need to work on his wresting but it's better than Silva's and he did pretty good for a striker. McGregor has got "IT" and is going to be around for awhile (wonder if he can play QB too?)

:lol:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I can't wait for the fights this weekend.

Tomorrow's free card, The Ultimate Fighter Finale, likely won't be as good as the Saturday ppv but Edgar vs Mendes should be insanely fun to watch. Mendes has the power advantage in the striking department, but Edgar is great technically. I want Edgar to win, but he and Mendes have very similar styles and strengths so I have to give Mendes the nod because of his power. Edwin Barbosa vs Tony Ferguson (main card) and Joe "Bonus" Lauzon vs Evan Dunham (prelim) should be pretty fun fights as well.

UFC 194 on Saturday is going to be nuts!

Aldo vs McGregor is more hyped than any fight I can remember. I normally don't buy into the hype the much, but this one has got me. Aldo hates McGregor. McGregor loves McGregor. They are both dangerous as hell. Aldo is more well rounded but McGregor might have a little more power. McGregor also has a ton of momentum. I can't wait to see how McGregor holds up against the best leg kicks in the game. Beating Mendes was impressive even if it was on short notice, but this fight will truly show everyone who McGregor really is.

The co main event is another monster on a McGregor card. Last time we got the welterweight title fight, this time it's the middleweight. Weidman vs Rockhold would be a great main event on it's own, but it's great marketing to get them the extra exposure a McGregor card brings. This fight should be great. They both have good ground games so it should primarily be a stand up fight. Weidman has put his stamp on the division with big marquee victories over Silva (x2), Machida and Belfort. Rockhold just recently destroyed Machida like no one else really has. Jones beat him soundly, but Rockhold ran through him. I expect a war.

Yoel Romero vs Jacare Souza in the middleweight #1 contender fight should be interesting. Romero is a gold medal Olympic wrestler, but taking Jacare to the ground should be the last thing he would want to do. I'm curious to see his gameplan.

Should be an awesome weekend of fights.

My picks in the fights i mentioned:

Aldo

Weidman

Souza

Mendes

Barbosa

Dunham (please avoid getting finished)

Edited by LBSeeBallLBGetBall

I can't wait for the fights this weekend.

Tomorrow's free card, The Ultimate Fighter Finale, likely won't be as good as the Saturday ppv but Edgar vs Mendes should be insanely fun to watch. Mendes has the power advantage in the striking department, but Edgar is great technically. I want Edgar to win, but he and Mendes have very similar styles and strengths so I have to give Mendes the nod because of his power. Edwin Barbosa vs Tony Ferguson (main card) and Joe "Bonus" Lauzon vs Evan Dunham (prelim) should be pretty fun fights as well.

UFC 194 on Saturday is going to be nuts!

Aldo vs McGregor is more hyped than any fight I can remember. I normally don't buy into the hype the much, but this one has got me. Aldo hates McGregor. McGregor loves McGregor. They are both dangerous as hell. Aldo is more well rounded but McGregor might have a little more power. McGregor also has a ton of momentum. I can't wait to see how McGregor holds up against the best leg kicks in the game. Beating Mendes was impressive even if it was on short notice, but this fight will truly show everyone who McGregor really is.

The co main event is another monster on a McGregor card. Last time we got the welterweight title fight, this time it's the middleweight. Weidman vs Rockhold would be a great main event on it's own, but it's great marketing to get them the extra exposure a McGregor card brings. This fight should be great. They both have good ground games so it should primarily be a stand up fight. Weidman has put his stamp on the division with big marquee victories over Silva (x2), Machida and Belfort. Rockhold just recently destroyed Machida like no one else really has. Jones beat him soundly, but Rockhold ran through him. I expect a war.

Yoel Romero vs Jacare Souza in the middleweight #1 contender fight should be interesting. Romero is a gold medal Olympic wrestler, but taking Jacare to the ground should be the last thing he would want to do. I'm curious to see his gameplan.

Should be an awesome weekend of fights.

My picks in the fights i mentioned:

Aldo

Weidman

Souza

Mendes

Barbosa

Dunham (please avoid getting finished)

outstanding fight card this weekend and McGregor is going to crush Aldo, can't wait!!