And new Champion of the World Connor McGregor!!!

Did you not see how defenseless he was on the ground?

Come on man

when a bigger guy is own you it happens, plus he was pretty wobbly before.

trust me when I wrestled I was under weight for my weight class I look like crap when those bigger guys were on me, but I was much better at takedowns at top game

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nate isn't a 170 fighter, he's 155. This was a 155 fight without a weight cut, don't fool yourself into thinking it was a legit 170.

my apologies I was thinking he was 170 when he asked for that weight.

Guess Connor better stay down at 145.

Don't get me wrong he clearly needs to work on his defense but he will and will get better at it.

you mean when he controlled Diaz on the ground in round one.

Clearly Diaz is a lot bigger than McGregor and is why there are weight classes, most guys who fight at 170 weigh 200lbs.

Once Nate rocked him is why Connor actually went for the takedown and was unable to defend that choke by being woozy and having a larger opponent on him.

As I said before, at 145 and 155 he is the man and will be for a long time and is only going to get better.

hey, I can take it, if he looks bad at his own weight I'll be the first to say so

To the two bolded.

1. They both fought at their walking around weights.

2. Diaz has pillow hands and he rocked Conor. Conor's chin is soft.

Good luck to Conor against grapplers. :lol:

when a bigger guy is own you it happens, plus he was pretty wobbly before.

trust me when I wrestled I was under weight for my weight class I look like crap when those bigger guys were on me, but I was much better at takedowns at top game

Nobody cut weight for this fight, why do you persist with this line? They came in at their walk around weight, Nate is not "much bigger" than Connor.

It wont matter....he got really exposed tonight

By the way....was very happy for Meisha Tate......finally got the title just dont know how long she will keep it

I'm also very happy for Meisha.

To the two bolded.

1. They both fought at their walking around weights.

2. Diaz has pillow hands and he rocked Conor. Conor's chin is soft.

Good luck to Conor against grapplers. :lol:

I'v seen him take big shots before he has a good Chin, Nate is a strong striker.

You could see that was bigger and longer

I'm not worried about McGregor as he is still young and is just scratching the surface

you mean when he controlled Diaz on the ground in round one.

I'm not sure what fights you watch but Toney was not in control on the ground at all in round one. Diaz had him completely baffled and took zero damage during that exchange.

McGregor's lack of respect for his opponents will only work when he has a tremendous size advantage. He takes a lot of shots because of his style and there are a lot of guys at 155 that will test that chin who punch way harder than Diaz.

I'v seen him take big shots before he has a good Chin, Nate is a strong striker.

You could see that was bigger and longer

ate doesn't have one punch power. He beats guys with punches in bunches. That Conor was rocked by a single punch raises some questions. I almost think he didn't want to be knocked out so he just gave himself up to the ground game of Diaz. Pretty funny how quickly he tapped too. You see Holly Holm fight for dear life to get out, which Connor taps so quickly it's like it's a training session. :lol:

I'm not sure what fights you watch but Toney was not in control on the ground at all in round one. Diaz had him completely baffled and took zero damage during that exchange.

I knew Nate was going to dive for a leg. Give that round 20 seconds longer and I wouldn't be surprised if Conor taps to a kneebar.

ate doesn't have one punch power. He beats guys with punches in bunches. That Conor was rocked by a single punch raises some questions. I almost think he didn't want to be knocked out so he just gave himself up to the ground game of Diaz. Pretty funny how quickly he tapped too. You see Holly Holm fight for dear life to get out, which Connor taps so quickly it's like it's a training session. :lol:

I knew Nate was going to dive for a leg. Give that round 20 seconds longer and I wouldn't be surprised if Conor taps to a kneebar.

#11DaysNotice

#Exposed

McGregor's lack of respect for his opponents will only work when he has a tremendous size advantage. He takes a lot of shots because if his style and there are a lot of guys at 155 that will test that chin who punch way harder than Diaz.

Yes he was, go back and watch the first round. Connor slipped to his back Nate jumped on top but McGregor reversed him and stayed on top and got a few punches in although Nate had good wrist control.

Lets not forget that McGregor was cutting Nate up bad and if he didn't get wobbled clearly would have won the fight.

that was disappointing to see him tap he didn't seem to be into this fight from the get go just by watching his movement around the ring. Not worried he will get better.

#11DaysNotice

#Exposed

it was short notice for McGregor too. when you are planning to fight one guy then all of a sudden it's somebody else it is just as hard if not harder to get all that gameplan out of your head and get a new gameplan.

Yes he was, go back and watch the first round. Connor slipped to his back Nate jumped on top but McGregor reversed him and stayed on top and got a few punches in although Nate had good wrist control.

Lets not forget that McGregor was cutting Nate up bad and if he didn't get wobbled clearly would have won the fight.

Clearly? It was ONE round and while McGregor won it, Diaz is almost always a slow starter. Your boy got exposed and was on his back for like six seconds before he turtled, just like I told you he would. Bottom eschelon ground game. EXPOSED.

McGregor's lack of respect for his opponents will only work when he has a tremendous size advantage. He takes a lot of shots because if his style and there are a lot of guys at 155 that will test that chin who punch way harder than Diaz.

You calling him Toney just shows you are an idiot, have nice day, I have no need to debate with a moron

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

it was short notice for McGregor too. when you are planning to fight one guy then all of a sudden it's somebody else it is just as hard if not harder to get all that gameplan out of your head and get a new gameplan.

It's just as hard? No, it's not. It's not ideal to switch opponents, but Connor had a full training camp which easily gave him the upper hand in preparation.

You calling him Toney just shows you are an idiot, have nice day, I have need to debate with a moron

Off to smooch with your Toney cardboard doll?

He said he'd fight anyone, anytime. Stop making excuses.

#Exposed

It's just as hard? No, it's not. It's not ideal to switch opponents, but Connor had a full training camp which easily gave him the upper hand in preparation.

it's not like Nate was sipping cocktails, he was training for a marathon as well as general fight training.

It was Nate's night and my hat is off too him. I'll will still take Connor in rematch when they both are prepared for each other and if he beats him again I will say is the better fighter.

I still say he is unbeatable at 145