And new Champion of the World Connor McGregor!!!

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

@Sportsnet

A rematch between Conor McGregor and Nate Diaz will reportedly headline UFC 200: http://ow.ly/ZGvP3

@MikeyJ_MMA

Cd3QtZ8WIAEBmyX.jpg

And he still wont be defending his belt. I guess they figure if he never defends it they can just keep selling all his fights as "featherweight champion."

He is the definition of a paper champion at this point. I've never seen a fighter win a belt and not defend it with their very next fight. Now Connor is going to fight twice without defending. There are three legit title contenders log jammed waiting for the champ to actually defend his title.

And he still wont be defending his belt. I guess they figure if he never defends it they can just keep selling all his fights as "featherweight champion."

He is the definition of a paper champion at this point. I've never seen a fighter win a belt and not defend it with their very next fight. Now Connor is going to fight twice without defending. There are three legit title contenders log jammed waiting for the champ to actually defend his title.

My thoughts exactly. I know the UFC is all about money making matchups, but this us ridiculous.

UFC makes the fights his fault but it is ridiculous they didn't have him defend his title first and then go up if he cleared out the division.

It's going to be even worse when Diaz whips his ass again.

I think Connor has learned his lesson and will be a different fight this time.