Which former Bill will have the best season on his new team?

Which former Bill will have the best season on his new team?  

198 members have voted

1. 1. Which former Bill will have a the best season on his new team?

• CJ Spiller, Saints
    • Stevie Johnson, Chargers
    • Scott Chandler, Pats*
    • Jairus Byrd, Saints
    • Lee Smith, Raiders
    • D'Norris Searcy, Titans
    • Jeff Tuel, Jags
    • Eric Pears, Niners
    • Kiko Alonso, Eagles

Oh, I know you didn't say he sucks. That was Kirby.

I don't think that he sucks. I just don't think that he is very good. If you were to have a draft and lineup the 100 or so TEs in the league I think that he would go between 30-50. That's all (I had him as like the 23rd best TE last year). There are some guys with more upside though that teams would rather take a chance on.

All that I was getting at is that he won't be missed. He was a nice guy, great community guy and an okay player. He is a decent number 2 that was given the opportunity of a number 1. He doesn't suck but has been overrated by our fan base.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think that he sucks. I just don't think that he is very good. If you were to have a draft and lineup the 100 or so TEs in the league I think that he would go between 30-50. That's all (I had him as like the 23rd best TE last year). There are some guys with more upside though that teams would rather take a chance on.

All that I was getting at is that he won't be missed. He was a nice guy, great community guy and an okay player. He is a decent number 2 that was given the opportunity of a number 1. He doesn't suck but has been overrated by our fan base.

Agree with that 100%

Agree with that 100%

The last thing on the topic is that it is tough for us as Bills fans to recognize quality TE play. I believe (not positive) that Ernie Warlick is the only TE to be selected to the Pro Bowl as a member of the Bills. That's almost impossible. It isn't crazy to think that Charles Clay ends up as the best TE in franchise history. Clay is a nice player and a borderline Pro Bowler but he isn't Tony Gonzalez.

Wow, not one vote for the guy who was clearly the best in a Bills uniform out of that group.

was just going to comment on that. I know that one person said he didn't belong because he left in 2014, so maybe that's why he was ignored, but he barely played last season. He's still a really good player.

Think of all the opportunities he will have for INTs playing Jameis 2x/yr!

Edited by YoloinOhio

Wow, not one vote for the guy who was clearly the best in a Bills uniform out of that group.

Yeah, that's crazy. Byrd is a really good player. I think that he suffers a little from "whitneritus" where we didn't like the guy so we downplay the player. Byrd is better than Whitner but both have had good careers. Byrd has been the best of the players on the list.

Byrd is just a center fielder deep ball hawk free safery. He is not a hitter like whitner, not that whitner is a heavy hitter he just thinks he is. Byrd will never have success like he did in Buffalo. I vote for Eric Pears. If moved back to right tackle he will have a succesful season. Lee Smith is also a dominating run blocker and an antagonist also he can catch, occasionaly, but dont ask him to be a starter he is only #2 guy. Smith is about as good at blocking as Chandler is receiving. Toghether they were just not good enough.

Spiller by a mile. He should blow up on that team. Kiko and Byrd both should have very solid years barring injury because they are very solid players. Spiller gets the nod because it's much more of a glamour position.

Without Wright, Chandler should put up decent numbers but New England is probably the only team in the league he would do that in. He's not a good #1 TE for anyone. The Pats have an offense and a QB built for him.

I think Byrd will be solid, but I'd be concerned about his durability. If he isn't solid this year, I wouldn't be surprised if the Saints cut him loose.

I think Byrd will be solid, but I'd be concerned about his durability. If he isn't solid this year, I wouldn't be surprised if the Saints cut him loose.

As a New Orleanian that will be a great day for me. I took so much crap when he came here. I told everyone, "he is a ballhawk, Charmin soft and can't support the run." They all got on me. As it has turned out I was right.

I went with Searcy. Spiller will have one highlight play and then be mostly ineffective. Searcy may have a very solid season if he is used properly. Limit his time in deep coverage.

Kiko watching in Buffalo will be a second sport. Will the Eagles underrated DL be able to protect him? Will he fade down the stretch? Did a year off allow him to add upper body strength or did the knee injury rob him of his best asset?

I went with Chandler but I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Marrone tries to stack the deck and get his golden boy Tuel to jump up the depth chart. Although, that would be weird if Marrone did something that served his own interests and not the teams right?

I went with Chandler but I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Marrone tries to stack the deck and get his golden boy Tuel to jump up the depth chart. Although, that would be weird if Marrone did something that served his own interests and not the teams right?

You don't think Bradley, or Olsen might have something to say about that?

Pierre Thomas and Sproles combined for 148 receptions in 2013 and both were over 70. Spiller will see as much action as any back including Ingram. Ingram will get the carries but Spiller will be used perfectly in Payton's offense. They have big plans for him. I follow them pretty closely living here (don't particularly care for them). I'd be shocked to see anything less than that if he is healthy.

The Bills had big plans for him too and it rarely worked out. I still believe there is some truth to the "winded" comment by Gailey. I bet he has asthma. My guess he gets 25 catches while missing 7-8 games with a hamstring or ankle issue.

The Bills had big plans for him too and it rarely worked out. I still believe there is some truth to the "winded" comment by Gailey. I bet he has asthma. My guess he gets 25 catches while missing 7-8 games with a hamstring or ankle issue.

Spiller, Cooks and Ingram ARE their offensive weapons. It's a totally different situation than here. Payton has used guys like Spiller masterfully (Bush, Sproles). He will return kicks, catch a ton of balls and see 8 or so carries a game. IF he can stay healthy (big if) he will have a monster year. If healthy I am going to say something like 75 catches, 850 yards receiving, 6 TDs, 2 punt return TDs, 750 yards rushing, 6 YPC and 4 more TDs. Edited by Kirby Jackson

Everytime I think of Jairus Byrd I laugh. He wanted to play for a contender so he went to NO and they have stunk every year and meanwhile we have gotten better and better. Oops

Don't be fooled, he wanted to play for the biggest number. If the Browns would have offered $.59 more than the Saints he'd be in Cleveland.