Bills to announce record-breaking season ticket sales

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No kidding - was online at 6 am this morning to buy some pre-sale tickets for a friend. The website wait was 30 minutes and it took me 45 minutes to get through on the phone. I'm limited to 2 transactions, and total of 6 tickets, per game. The agent told me that the only thing available for the season opener now is club seats (starting at $179 each).

I do see there are some good seats on eBay.

It says seasons are still available for purchase, it confuses me if games 1-3 are sold out, then how can season tickets still be available? I am just curious how it works.

They hold season tickets to continue selling. Once you breakdown a season ticket package and 1 game sells you have to sell that seat 9 more times still. Teams sell out the prime games in order to leverage ST packages.

They hold season tickets to continue selling. Once you breakdown a season ticket package and 1 game sells you have to sell that seat 9 more times still. Teams sell out the prime games in order to leverage ST packages.

Yuppers. Although, I was curious what kind of season tickets are actually available still.... Based completely on http://getbillstickets.com/season_ticketsit looks like there are only single seats remaining for STH. I wonder if they actually sell a lot of these single seats as STH.

Yuppers. Although, I was curious what kind of season tickets are actually available still.... Based completely on http://getbillstickets.com/season_ticketsit looks like there are only single seats remaining for STH. I wonder if they actually sell a lot of these single seats as STH.

It's tough to sell singles as a ST. The people in charge of ticket operations are constantly monitoring that and probably have it restricted so that staff cannot leave a single (ie you can't sell 2 seats of a 3 seat block). It still happens but it is watched pretty hard. You can always get a better seat if you are willing to buy a single. You can usually get a better location if you want 3 instead of 2 or 4 as well.

Often times teams will have campaigns to sell single seats. In the NBA we used to discount or some and try to sell it to the people on either side. The rules of discounting are tougher in the NFL but I am sure that they have tried to get the people around that seat to add it on.

Ah, that makes sense. Thanks.

I find it funny, people on the Bills Mafia page on FB are up in arms about the fact that games sold out. They're making the assumption that every STH who bought the single game seats only did it to resell them and make a profit. People complain when games don't sell out, but when they do it's people crying how it's not fair.

Just pathetic. People can never be happy.

I find it funny, people on the Bills Mafia page on FB are up in arms about the fact that games sold out. They're making the assumption that every STH who bought the single game seats only did it to resell them and make a profit. People complain when games don't sell out, but when they do it's people crying how it's not fair.

Just pathetic. People can never be happy.

Yep, it is a no win situation. The way that I look at it is the season ticket start a like $300 or whatever. Get a small group together and split them up. If you were going spend $150 on a pair for 1 game, for $300 you could have a pair for 4 regular season games and a preseason game (or something like that). There are ALWAYS people looking to split. There are always options.

I live 1,000+ miles away and this is something that I am thinking about. I'll make the 1st 2, the Christmas game and come home once more. My brother and I are thinking about getting a pair and he will go to all of them and then he can have my ticket to take friends to the other games.

Does it also stand to reason once the first preseason game is over, and they can no longer sell ST packages, some single-game tickets will become available?

It's tough to sell singles as a ST. The people in charge of ticket operations are constantly monitoring that and probably have it restricted so that staff cannot leave a single (ie you can't sell 2 seats of a 3 seat block). It still happens but it is watched pretty hard. You can always get a better seat if you are willing to buy a single. You can usually get a better location if you want 3 instead of 2 or 4 as well.

Often times teams will have campaigns to sell single seats. In the NBA we used to discount or some and try to sell it to the people on either side. The rules of discounting are tougher in the NFL but I am sure that they have tried to get the people around that seat to add it on.

Yup... for BUF@DEN last year, the Broncos ran a deal for ~$55 single seats, which my group of three took advantage of. I don't think I've ever heard of the Bills doing this.

Does it also stand to reason once the first preseason game is over, and they can no longer sell ST packages, some single-game tickets will become available?

I believe that is the rule in the NFL. They need to declare their ST number I think. Other sports will sell them all the way down to like a handful of games left. They will give you the last 10 games free with your ST purchase of the following season for example.

Yup... for BUF@DEN last year, the Broncos ran a deal for ~$55 single seats, which my group of three took advantage of. I don't think I've ever heard of the Bills doing this.

Yeah, I don't know if they have or not. It makes sense though.

If you want season tickets you can still get them. They are all in the 300 level, and they are actually pretty good seats. There are tickets in the first few rows up there in a lot of different sections. They are holding tickets back. Always do for season ticket holder purchases. They aren't indicated online right now, but if you are going to a game or two or three, and want tickets, I'd get the season tickets and sell the rest. You'll probably pay for the whole year that way.

You must call and talk to a rep to get true availability.

Edited by Lv-Bills

@buffalobills

All-time season ticket record: BROKEN! Let's #RockTheRalph in 2015 like only the best fans in the NFL can.

CHjMMGGVEAABD2w.jpg

@buffalobills

CHjNHf6WEAAHkiP.jpg

President Russ Brandon: "We plan to cap season tickets at 60k." Says most 2015 games are nearly sold out.

Brandon: "The foundation of where we are today on tickets is because of the Pegulas. It stops and starts with them." #OneBuffalo

@MatthewFairburn

The Bills are pretty much sold out for every game but the Jets game.