Bills' Organized Team Activities Week 2: June 1-4

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They might not be able to because of the CBA and they have four scheduled days during the following week.

This is where I don't like "players coaches", taking a day off during OTAs when it's a new system on both sides of the ball just seems ill advised to me. But what do I know, I'm a keyboard warrior.

This is where I don't like "players coaches", taking a day off during OTAs when it's a new system on both sides of the ball just seems ill advised to me. But what do I know, I'm a keyboard warrior.

its not so much taking a day off, as it is seeing a great opportunity for team building. Imo

@MatthewFairburn: Rex Ryan gave the Bills the day off from OTAs tomorrow. Whole squad rolling to Jim Kelly's golf tournament. For the boys.

Very likely to be rained out, based on the current forecast (50% chance of rain, high of 53 :cry: )....

With them running the two fields, the players are getting extra reps they wouldn't have gotten in a normal setting anyway. I don't think taking an extra day off will kill them. An extra day of rest might be good.

This is not the same as hitting D&B's right before a game.

Edited by Big C

@WGR550

Photos: Stars come out for Jim Kelly's Gala: http://www.wgr550.com/Photos-Stars-come-out-for-Jim-Kelly-s-Gala/21580833

Rex will take whole team to Kelly's golf tournament: http://www.wgr550.com/Rex-will-take-team-to-Kelly-s-golf-tournament/21580863

The outing will count as one of the team's ten allowed OTAs during this Phase Three of their offseason workout program. The team is also scheduled to hold an OTA practice on Wednesday and Thursday. Tuesday will be a voluntary conditioning day for the team.

@MatthewFairburn: Rex Ryan gave the Bills the day off from OTAs tomorrow. Whole squad rolling to Jim Kelly's golf tournament. For the boys.

In a related story, today will be the media's day of access to OTAs this week.

Well played, Bills.

I'm not exactly outraged, especially since it's for charity, I just don't see why they couldn't have scheduled an OTA on another day and still do the golf thing.

I don't know that they can't do that. Maybe they will. The tweet says Rex gave them the day off from OTA's, doesn't say he cancelled it. Maybe they reschedule.

Saying all that, it's not training camp, they are limited in what they can do any ways so it doesn't bother me if they miss a day.

EDIT: Looks like it will count as one of their OTA days according to PFT.

Edited by Wayne Cubed

its not so much taking a day off, as it is seeing a great opportunity for team building. Imo

It'll also be a nice opportunity to meet lots of Bills' alums.

I agree with both of you on this. It's OTAs not training camp. It will bring the team closer and meet several former Bills. Imo

I agree with both of you on this. It's OTAs not training camp. It will bring the team closer and meet several former Bills. Imo

yep, it's pretty common to use scheduled OTA days for team building activities. Some teams canceled sessions recently and went to a movie, last year they went paintballing or something. As long as they are all there as a team it's a good idea. This seems like a classy move too to support Jim's charity, plus the opportunity for the young guys to talk to the legends who aren't normally around the facility. Bruce Smith is there among others.

I also remember Rex saying last week that he thought they were a little ahead of schedule, fwiw.

Edited by YoloinOhio

yep, it's pretty common to use scheduled OTA days for team building activities. Some teams canceled sessions recently and went to a movie, last year they went paintballing or something. As long as they are all there as a team it's a good idea. This seems like a classy move too to support Jim's charity, plus the opportunity for the young guys to talk to the legends who aren't normally around the facility. Bruce Smith is there among others.

I also remember Rex saying last week that he thought they were a little ahead of schedule, fwiw.

It is a classy move for Jim's charity. No doubt this idea was constructed between Rex and Jim and a few cold ones. :beer: