EJ Manuel's film session games 1-4

EJ is at his best with a solid running game to work with and when he use play action to look over the defense and make throws down the field or use his legs to get first downs. He's shown he can throw a pretty deep ball along with some solid seam passes. This offense would seem to be perfect for him with Roman and Rex. If all 3 are even, have to believe he'll get the nod and really he should win the competition.

He clearly played tentatively in his first 14 starts because he was asked not to lose games. The first game he could have been blamed with (Texans) he was pulled. To me though, if the Bills could have run the ball against two weak run Ds (Chargers and Texans) then they win both of those games easily. Not his fault.

He'll be fine and it doesn't matter what anyone says now.

He throws it "pretty" deep, as in far, or nice looking? He can throw it FAR, but generally overthrows or sometimes tends to throw out of bounds.

He deep ball accuracy has always been an issue that I know, maybe some others think not, but I would be very surprised if most were not able to

agree his DEEP ball is a problem, however attractive! :rolleyes:

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Joe philbin a ride on tge back of brett favre and aaron rodgers to a sb and then flame out with a below .500 w/l record as a hc. Or is it bill lazor that has bounced between college and the pros back and forth after he fails each pro team? Or is it zac taylor the qb coach whos only previous work history was a graduate assistant? If they were better coaches it was negligible at best.

We had a mid tier Big East coaching staff on offense.

Again, they were very similar as rookies and similar to start last year.

He throws it "pretty" deep, as in far, or nice looking? He can throw it FAR, but generally overthrows or sometimes tends to throw out of bounds.

He deep ball accuracy has always been an issue that I know, maybe some others think not, but I would be very surprised if most were not able to

agree his DEEP ball is a problem, however attractive! :rolleyes:

You're right. Arm strength is not the problem. He overthrows guys. He needs to put more arm on deep passes to allow guys to run under it.

He had a beautiful deep pass against the Texans that Mike Williams dropped. But our Wrs never get any blame.

Marrone destroyed this team.

Orton was no better than EJ and now we still don't know about EJ.

I think he will start but I also see the faults others point out.

I can not see how EJ can be judged by any of us with Marrone and Hackett running the offense.

It is true that there is no good way to gauge EJM over the last two seasons. Marrone, Hackett and the Oline were so bad you can't gauge EJM.

It is true that there is no good way to gauge EJM over the last two seasons. Marrone, Hackett and the Oline were so bad you can't gauge EJM.

Hackett and marrone didnt throw the football for manuel.

Hackett and marrone didnt throw the football for manuel.

nor did they coach properly, or stick with a consistent game plan except being vanilla - so that is in KO's favor as well

in keeping with your criteria

EJ doesn't pass block

EJ doesn't create run lanes

EJ doesn't doesn't get holding calls

EJ doesn't botch kick returns

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

nor did they coach properly as well

EJ doesn't pass block

Nor does ej read a field find an open wr and throw the ball to the receiver when given time consistently.

nor did they coach properly, or stick with a consistent game plan except being vanilla - so that is in KO's favor as well

EJ doesn't pass block

ill just go ahead and leave this here for you to study. Offensive lines are not designed to block a defensive line consistently for longer than 3-4 seconds. Thinking that every offensive line is dallas cowboyesque is a fallacy. We were average when compared against other teams in giving time to protect.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2015/05/20/qbs-in-focus-under-pressure/

https://pff-pffanalysisltd12.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/QB-pressure-pct.png

Edited by Orange

ill just go ahead and leave this here for you to study. Offensive lines are designed to block a defensive line consistently for longer than 3-4 seconds. Thinking that every offensive line is dallas cowboyesque is a fallacy. We were average when compared against other teams in giving time to protect.

https://pff-pffanalysisltd12.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/QB-pressure-pct.png

Orange you glad you live in your own little world.

Moron(e) removed EJ in September so any 2014 stats you want to argue that would make EJ look bad will also make KO look just as bad.

Orange you glad you live in your own little world.

Moron(e) removed EJ in September so any 2014 stats you want to argue that would make EJ look bad will also make KO look just as bad.

So you didnt look and notice that ko faced average time to throw in regards to pressure? I guess ej didnt receive that from our oline?

ill just go ahead and leave this here for you to study. Offensive lines are not designed to block a defensive line consistently for longer than 3-4 seconds. Thinking that every offensive line is dallas cowboyesque is a fallacy. We were average when compared against other teams in giving time to protect.

This I agree with...way too much blame goes on the offensive line. Now, Buffalo's line was hardly good, but their QBs (both of them) made them look a whole lot worse than they performed.

This I agree with...way too much blame goes on the offensive line. Now, Buffalo's line was hardly good, but their QBs (both of them) made them look a whole lot worse than they performed.

JJ Watt treated them like a JV team. It was a minor miracle that EJ didn't get hurt.

That said, play calling didn't help the oline. So predictable, defenses could just tee off.

JJ Watt treated them like a JV team. It was a minor miracle that EJ didn't get hurt.

That said, play calling didn't help the oline. So predictable, defenses could just tee off.

Oh they were bad that game, no question. They were also terrible against Minnesota (again, mostly the guards).

Then again, those two games really tend to exacerbate what is, IMO, an over-estimation of how bad they were. The OL wasn't horrendous; they weren't great. They were below average, and made to look worse by the QBs and--as much as I like them--the RBs as well.

Oh they were bad that game, no question. They were also terrible against Minnesota (again, mostly the guards).

Then again, those two games really tend to exacerbate what is, IMO, an over-estimation of how bad they were. The OL wasn't horrendous; they weren't great. They were below average, and made to look worse by the QBs and--as much as I like them--the RBs as well.

I generally agree. Fitz made the oline look better by getting the ball out quick.

But again, it's the problem people had with Marrone. Why was Pears suddenly a g? The oline got better when Urbik was inserted. Why was he benched in the first place?

There are no guarantees with EJ. IMO, I don't think this coaching staff did him any favors. They were not NFL quality. That's why I want to see him with this staff.

Yeah JJ Watt blew up the Bills OL all by himself, it was amazing to watch. In the Chargers game they ran stunts all day long against the Bills and no one on the Bills sideline knew what adjustments needed to be made. Man the coaches were god awful.

I generally agree. Fitz made the oline look better by getting the ball out quick.

But again, it's the problem people had with Marrone. Why was Pears suddenly a g? The oline got better when Urbik was inserted. Why was he benched in the first place?

There are no guarantees with EJ. IMO, I don't think this coaching staff did him any favors. They were not NFL quality. That's why I want to see him with this staff.

I think we're going to see this year how much an inability to coach guard play really hurt the team last year. There's a reason guards are rarely high picks, and that's because it doesn't take as great an athlete to play the position as it does to play center or tackle. It does, however, take a better understanding of leverage and an ability to act quickly and decisively (since things happen so much faster when there's a 300-plus-lb DT lined up right over your ear hole). You're unlikely to get quick-and-decisive play out of a guy that's never played the position before, let alone a guy that's 6'8", lanky, and never played the position before.

Nor does ej read a field find an open wr and throw the ball to the receiver when given time consistently.

He was never given "time" consistently!!

ill just go ahead and leave this here for you to study. Offensive lines are not designed to block a defensive line consistently for longer than 3-4 seconds. Thinking that every offensive line is dallas cowboyesque is a fallacy. We were average when compared against other teams in giving time to protect.https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2015/05/20/qbs-in-focus-under-pressure/https://pff-pffanalysisltd12.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/QB-pressure-pct.png

PFF ranked them 30 out of 32

So did Corey Liuget!

Too much exacerbation lead to blindness. Careful, Bandit.