Corey Graham to Safety

Great move. Duke Williams and Meeks are low level talents that couldn't even beat out Searcy for playing time. Searcy improved in coverage but was still a liability.

As others have said, I think they will play a lot of three safety packages with the opportunity for either A. Williams or Graham to switch to corner or cover man to man anywhere on the field. This opens up all types of blitz opportunities.

This is what I was hoping for after they picked Darby. Shows me again Whaley knows what he is doing. If D. Williams beats him out then good for him and better for the Bills. At a minimum Darby adds depth, speed, talent, and a future opportunity to let Leodis go.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What do you think of the decision? Must mean Leo is healthy and/or Darby looking good early on. With AW/Duke/Graham at safety (I think the FS/SS roles are somewhat blurred in this scheme) can we cover Gronk finally with Rex's system? Interested to hear thoughts...

If the choice is Duke Williams, while I hope his coverage skills have improved, I wouldn't mind seeing him blowing up Gronkowski since he does like to deliver a big hit

I'm worried about his run defense. He isn't that big and is less physical than Searcy. With the Bills losing Spikes in the middle and going back to the defensive system that was weak vs the run two years ago I'm sensing that there might be some trouble up the gut.

I'm worried about his run defense. He isn't that big and is less physical than Searcy. With the Bills losing Spikes in the middle and going back to the defensive system that was weak vs the run two years ago I'm sensing that there might be some trouble up the gut.

they actually aren't going back to that system from 2 years ago. That system is in Cleveland now.They are going into Rex's system, which is consistently stout vs the run.

There are some similarities between Pettine's defensive scheme and Rex's, but it really is not the same.

Bills defensive back Corey Graham discusses his move to safety, the transition that goes along with it, and his influences at that position.

Bills veteran DB Corey Graham will be focusing solely on the safety position for the duration of the OTA practices to prepare to play there if the coaches decide that's where he can help the team most.

graham-broncos-story.jpg

I said Graham was going to end up a safety for a while now. Good position for him to transition into. We need someone next to AW that can properly cover b.c Rex will be blitzing and the secondary will not have help.

Edited by Beef Jerky

Dareus

Kyle

Mario

Hughes

Bradham

Brown

Gilmore

McKelvin

Graham

Aaron Williams

Ronald Darby

Starting 11. So not worried about D.

Seeing it on paper like that gets me a little excited. Should be a phenomenal defense.

What do you think of the decision? Must mean Leo is healthy and/or Darby looking good early on. With AW/Duke/Graham at safety (I think the FS/SS roles are somewhat blurred in this scheme) can we cover Gronk finally with Rex's system? Interested to hear thoughts...

If Darby can step right in and play successfully then maybe you could move Graham to safety. In my opinion Graham is the best corner on the roster so I don't know if they could afford to move him to safety. Graham was outstanding at corner last season. I trust him way more than I would trust Leo. Maybe they could move Leo to safety.