What do you collect?

I work very hard to NOT collect watches. I have a timepiece fetish.

Smart watches...every one I've seen does two things: shows you texts, and counts the steps you walk. I don't text or exercise...and even if I did, what's the !@#$ing point?

They infuriate me.

I have a Breitling Superocean Heritage (because most B's are WAAAY too busy.), a Panerai Luminor Base Logo (my favorite watch), and a very old Omega. I can't get a Rolex because they are just too small and I'm not a small person. I also have a Martenro. Fairly inexpensive but made in NYC and I really like how it looks. The movement is ****, but it was cheap. I also have a Tag which I hate and embarrassingly a Movado that I'd trade for a really good Italian Sub. My 6th is a Seiko, but we all make mistakes.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They infuriate me.

I have a Breitling Superocean Heritage (because most B's are WAAAY too busy.), a Panerai Luminor Base Logo (my favorite watch), and a very old Omega. I can't get a Rolex because they are just too small and I'm not a small person. I also have a Martenro. Fairly inexpensive but made in NYC and I really like how it looks. The movement is ****, but it was cheap. I also have a Tag which I hate and embarrassingly a Movado that I'd trade for a really good Italian Sub. My 6th is a Seiko, but we all make mistakes.

whats wrong with tag. i use that.

I have never been a big collector... But recently I started collecting photographs of Shirl.... I have them all over my room- walls, ceiling, lamp shades.... I even lay one on the pillow next to me when I go to bed... I guess when you find one thing that really drives you- you surround yourself with those collectables!!!

For me, it's watches. Somewhat of an addiction, but I only have 6 of them, but I love each one.

Smartwatches are one thing that make me want to kick baby seals. Such an insult to call them watches.

I like watches too but all are the cheap sub-$100 kind. So don't sneer, you elitist snob.

I still have the first watch I ever owned. A wind-up kind from 1978. Still works though it gains about a minute every day.

I work very hard to NOT collect watches. I have a timepiece fetish.

Smart watches...every one I've seen does two things: shows you texts, and counts the steps you walk. I don't text or exercise...and even if I did, what's the !@#$ing point?

What is the benefit of a smartwatch anyway ? And I snicker at it being called 'smart' anyway. It is just another screen for your phone isn't it ? So it basks in reflected glory ? I find it hilarious that people stopped wearing wristwatches cos 'my phone can always tell me the correct time even when I travel across time zones'. And now these guys can't wait to flaunt their new smartwatch. Moron - you just got scammed for another $300.

Im looking for a B.A.R. to complete my collection

Seriously? Are we talking full automatic or modified?

What is the FMV on one these days?

I see these guys firing MG-42s on Youtube and my mouth waters.