Boomer Esiason Says The Bills Will Be...

Pegula got his billions from planning way ahead. If you think he didn't target Rex Ryan 8 months ago you've been lulled to sleep by Ralph Wilson's poor staffing history over the years.

Rex was coming here and replacing Marrone long before they sat Dougie down and said Hey you can opt out and save face or be released. Everybody won, Doug got his money and pride (kinda), we get the coach we wanted. This wasn't luck or chance. And it certainly wasn't Doug's choice to leave.

And don't give me the 9-7 crap, pats gave us the last game. it was a decent 8-8 year in which Marrone showed us, and rest of the league apparently, that he's not a long term answer at HC.

Oh I never thought for a second Marrone was a long term option for the Bills. For whatever reason, there are those that think Marrone was taking this franchise in the right direction whereas 9-7 (8-8) was probably as far as he was going. I was soooo hoping the Jets would hire him, but I can't help but feel that would have been a cruel joke

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now this is an honest assessment of the upcoming season! There are a lot of new moving pieces with a new coach, coordinators and owner. It'll probably take some time to develop everything into a successful on field product.

Yes especially on offense. Defense has seen very little personnel change and its a scheme similar to what they 2 years ago. But the offense has a ton of change to digest:

- new OC with entirely different scheme

- new vet QB may be the starter

- young QB with barely a seasons worth of games under his belt needing to adjust to new scheme. Adjustments have proven difficult especially on young QBs

- 3 new "talent" position guys harvin, clay, shady will all want the ball. Add that to Watkins, woods, freddy, and Goodwin if he's healthy, and there simply aren't enough targets and carries to make them all happy

- interior line will likely have 2 new starting guards.

Edited by JTSP

One of the most exciting teams, and the most relevant.

Is it me, or does all this off season chatter feel like a lot of the NFL talking heads are constructing the most epic banana peel ever made and preparing to slip it under every Bills fan in the world?

The da Bills will be....in Buffalo this year!

This team has a lot of talent and got an upgrade in the coaching department. I still would like to see Spikes back and the team signing Landry. Both guys would add great depth to the defense. But questions along the O-line and the big question mark at QB certainly are flaws on this team. So expectations are high but tempered.

The upcoming schedule seems easier than last year.

The coaching staff, across the board, is quite a bit better than last year.

We have added offensive skill players all over the field and retained Jerry Hughes on D, the single most important thing we likely could have done with the defensive roster this off-season.

Right there, we are probably at least 1 game better than last year.

Now the wildcard: the most important player on the field, the QB, will be new.

If whoever that is is 10 or 15% better than Kyle Orton, we are maybe 2 games better than last year.

This adds up to a playoff team.

I feel like anything less than a playoff berth will be a disappointment.

What we will do in the playoffs remains to be seen. We can cross that bridge when we come to it.

I can't imagine the excitement of waking up at 5:00am, unable to sleep, waiting for the first playoff game in a decade and a half.

That alone might be "good enough" at least for now.

He's always been a richard. I've had several run ins with him over my life (one time literally) and each time he's left that distinct impression.

I always hated him and the Bengals and was really glad when the 49ers took a Superbowl ring off his finger with 45 seconds left to go, or whatever it was!

Maroon is now the Jags OLine coach and Hack-at-it is their QB coach.

That right there tells you all you need to know about the quality of their coaching skills.

They both should never ascend to a higher position in the NFL again, ever.

And probably never will. Ahh well Maroon probably laughed all the way to the bank. Set himself up with a nice cushy retirement, and now has a job with way less pressure. I feel like he stole the money.

Blah, Blah, Blah. Everybody makes predictions. Some right, some wrong. I'm at the point now that I just want to scream "SHUT UP!!!! What will be will be. I have been a Bills fan for 48 years and I'll be wearing a Bills jersey when they plant me in the ground (hopefully another 48 years from now!!) You can't predict a season just because a team picked up great players. Yeah the expectations are high but it's a crap shoot. The old saying...."On any Sunday" Go Bills!

In my opinion, the improvement to the Bills coaching staff is vastly overestimated by Bills fans in general. Rex Ryan has never developed a single very good offense in the NFL. Not one. His last several seasons with the Jets were clear failures. Marrone owned him twice last year.

This isn't to say Marrone was great or even good, its just that Rex, while charming, hasn't been relevant himself in quite a few years.

Hackett wasn't good.

But Roman has no one on this roster remotely close to Kaepernick talent wise, and he could only take that offense so far.

The Bills defense was very very productive in 2014, it is not likely the 2015 version will be more productive. It may be more interesting or exciting, but there really isn't much room to improve on the production side.