Saturday Draft Needs

I like Ben Koyack from Notre Dame as a target at #155. Here's the important stuff from NFL.com's scouting report.

Draft Projection

Round 5 or 6

NFL Comparison

Luke Willson

Bottom Line

Underutilized in the passing game while at Notre Dame. Strong understanding and execution as a run blocker with the physical traits to be a tough matchup in the passing game. Still raw as a receiver and will need more individual work with a position coach on the next level. College production belies his pro potential.

Edited by JM57

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

whaley said he feels he has a lot of ammo left (4 picks) to move up if they want to?

I'm skeptical that some combination of picks number 155, 188, 194, and 234 would get them into the 4th round in this draft. But who knows?

I'm skeptical that some combination of picks number 155, 188, 194, and 234 would get them into the 4th round in this draft. But who knows?

could be just higher in the 5th but whaley seemed to think he had ammo, we will see if he uses it!

could be just higher in the 5th but whaley seemed to think he had ammo, we will see if he uses it!

Where did you see this? Every video of whaley I've seen he mentioned not having any ammo this year.

Where did you see this? Every video of whaley I've seen he mentioned not having any ammo this year.

@WGR550

Bills Day 3 Draft Preview and the trade that didn't happen (via @SalSports): http://www.wgr550.com/pages/21453826.php

General Manager Doug Whaley has stated for several weeks the players chosen later in this draft will have a tougher time making the team this year due to the way the roster has been constructed and the depth already in place. But those players will certainly have that opportunity, and Whaley knows anything can happen in the draft.

“We will look at adding depth at the back-end of the roster,” Whaley told me exclusively last night after their first two selections were complete. “There are a couple positions where we just need some depth, because we’re thin. But if someone drops that we never thought would be there, we have a little bit of ammunition, to maybe make a move.”

That “ammunition” is a fifth, two sixths, and a seventh-round selection. Overall, picks number 155, 188, 194, and 234. If the Bills are targeting a player in the fourth round they feel will not make it to their choice in the fifth, they can try and use a couple of those later selections to move up. “You know me, I’m always open,” said Whaley.

@WGR550

Bills Day 3 Draft Preview and the trade that didn't happen (via @SalSports): http://www.wgr550.com/pages/21453826.php

Thanks, didnt see that. Its opposite of what he said here. http://www.buffalobills.com/video/videos/Doug-Whaley-Were-Excited-About-Him/4c1850f7-29d4-4503-91ce-9b7ea3548e6a

Perhaps in the video he was talking about early rounds?

Thanks, didnt see that. Its opposite of what he said here. http://www.buffalobills.com/video/videos/Doug-Whaley-Were-Excited-About-Him/4c1850f7-29d4-4503-91ce-9b7ea3548e6a

Perhaps in the video he was talking about early rounds?

yes the ammo for early rounds is much different than mid late rounds. He doesnt want to give up any 2016 picks it is going to be a huge draft for them.

I would be tempted to draft La'el Collins. You would have to sell him on the chance to start and the fear of injury. I know that his people say that he won't sign but maybe you can make him fall in love?

MAYBE!!!! Rex and Pegula definitely could. Lesean McCoy changed his tune after 1 meeting. Eben signed an extension. Harvin signed here. Oh they could work magic on La'el. Send the jet and he is in

Karlos Williams-RB-FSU--can add depth, special teams and upside

Darius Kilgo-DL-Maryland-can add depth and fits well with ability to take on blocks

Gabe Wright-DL-Auburn--can play a couple of different spots along the line and rush the passer

Chris Dunkley-DB-USF-return ability, special teams and upside

The number of 20 something guys named Shaq is just making me feel old

Mario Edwards and Brett Perriman's sons getting drafted didn't help either lol

Edited by CNY315

MAYBE!!!! Rex and Pegula definitely could. Lesean McCoy changed his tune after 1 meeting. Eben signed an extension. Harvin signed here. Oh they could work magic on La'el. Send the jet and he is in

That is my exact line of thinking. The Bills can recruit. It's better than wasting a pick on a guy that has no prayer of contributing.