IF the Bills traded back into the first round......

Virgil

This is not the year to have a first round pick (as evidenced by how many teams are trying to trade down). It's just not a good class.

Better to add a few more mid-round selections and build the depth...

Imo

This pry won't happen, but if they gave up next years first and this years 2nd...

What player would make that an okay trade for you?

I'd much rather see the Bills trade back this year and pick up an extra first (long shot) in next year's draft. Moving up into round one this year makes little sense in my eyes unless someone they covet plummets -- even then I'm not so sure. Next year's draft will be deeper and better at the QB spot, the Bills with an extra first next season gives them a lot of mobility to go get their QB of the future in 2016.

I just don't see that guy in this draft. The only guys that I think are safe enough and talented enough to warrant a trade up (that is my criteria in a trade up) are Amari Cooper and Leonard Williams. There is no way that you could trade up for a guy that could be a bust and they have to have a high ceiling as well. Neither of those positions are big needs for the Bills.

Jameis Winston, Marcus Mariota, Dante Fowler, Leonard Williams

That's my complete list of guys I'd be fine moving up to get. Considering no one is trading out of the top 5 for pick #50 and a '16 pick in the teens, I'll be upset if we make any sort of move like that.

Jameis Winston, Marcus Mariota, Dante Fowler, Leonard Williams

That's my complete list of guys I'd be fine moving up to get. Considering no one is trading out of the top 5 for pick #50 and the 32nd pick in '16, I'll be upset if we make any sort of move like that.

FTFY :thumbsup:

Some people can't help themselves, like bidding at auctions.

I can't see them just sitting around all night. I don't think they will try to move up into the first round, but some other kind of involvement, a third party in a trade or something.

I don't think Whaley and Ryan can help themselves, they will have to get involved tonight.

The OP could be onto something here. Let's not forget that out of the Bills 12 visits (very low for the 30 they COULD have had), 2 were guys projected to go mid to late in the first round. Byron Jones (CB/S) and Nelson Agholor (WR). They met with Agholor before the Harvin acquisition, so that would leave me believing in a potential move back for Jones. None the less, I don't see that as being a priority need. Will be interesting.

Im not saying they should but the only player i see them trading up for is Petty and thats only bc of the rumors that te Saints may take him at 31. I really dont see them trading up for one of the lineman.

This is not the year to be trading up into the first round as its been reported by many sites that teams only have first round grades on 15-16 players.

Edited by Max997

IM npt ruling out they move up,the farthest id guess is around 24 or so if they package this years and next the number are about right, if you want top of 2nd it would cost a additional 3rd,

the question is which teams are either cash strapped or talent heavy at the position players currently on the teams draft board ,its draft day you never know who's going to do what,,i think this year allot of trades in top 10,, here's a question thought iF... SHANE RAY OR GREGORY is there at 25 and a team says it'll trade down ,would you trade up for them?

I can't see them just sitting around all night. I don't think they will try to move up into the first round, but some other kind of involvement, a third party in a trade or something.

I don't think Whaley and Ryan can help themselves, they will have to get involved tonight.

Wanna bet?

I'd much rather see the Bills trade back this year and pick up an extra first (long shot) in next year's draft. Moving up into round one this year makes little sense in my eyes unless someone they covet plummets -- even then I'm not so sure. Next year's draft will be deeper and better at the QB spot, the Bills with an extra first next season gives them a lot of mobility to go get their QB of the future in 2016.

Well said. And just to echo, this draft is incredibly thin. Most teams only have about 16 guys graded as first round value picks, with others having fewer. To be honest, if Winston and Mariota go 1 and 2, I'm not even sure that is appropriate for their grades or value. In any other draft, both would be 2nd rd value at best.

This being said about the draft, I feel it's also necessary to say that to everyone hating on the Watkins trade last year and having him for what we traded, there's no ground for this. The fact of the matter is the kid was nearly ROY with a callback QB who could barely get him the ball, in a bumbling offense, often in multiple coverage. The kid will pan out. In addition, relinquishing our 1st rd this year for him is fine by me. If there is any draft to not be in the first round for it's this one; we aren't missing out on much at all. There will still be value at our 50 pick worth keeping an eye on and fingers crossed we address our OL need, and if not, I'd be fine with another DB or OLB. Still skeptical of our defensive transition to the 3-4.

Edited by ctk232

We keep hearing this year after year about "next year's draft" and how many times has that panned out? One year, when Matt Barkley was a junior, he was projected as a top pick in the following draft (2013). After his senior year and a shoulder injury, he wasn't picked until the 4th round and hasn't had much of an NFL career to-date. Our own EJ Manuel became the 1st QB taken with the 18th pick in that draft while other notables from the prior year like Landry Jones & Tyler Wilson also dropped to the 4th.

We keep hearing this year after year about "next year's draft" and how many times has that panned out? One year, when Matt Barkley was a junior, he was projected as a top pick in the following draft (2013). After his senior year and a shoulder injury, he wasn't picked until the 4th round and hasn't had much of an NFL career to-date. Our own EJ Manuel became the 1st QB taken with the 18th pick in that draft while other notables from the prior year like Landry Jones & Tyler Wilson also dropped to the 4th.

There's certainly a lot of "the grass is greener" mentality when analyzing upcoming draft classes, can't deny it. But people knew this class was going to be weak last year when so many underclassmen declared for the 2015 draft, and they turned out to be right. This year's crop of QBs outside of Winston is suspect. Next year promises: Cook, Kessler, Boykin, Prescott, Miller, maybe Jones at the QB spot. Not all of those guys will shake out by the end of the college football season, but even a cursory look at the upcoming class will show you it's miles ahead of this year's.

The Bills will make the playoffs this year and will be picking in the high 20s. If they can find a way to get another 1st round pick, it'd give them enough flexibility to make a big move up the draft board to get their guy (if indeed their guy isn't already on the roster -- and he probably isn't). To me, that's more enticing than moving up this year in what's considered to be a pretty weak draft.

Edited by GreggyT