Pats signed Chandler because Belichick is a genius.

They should have been tempted instead of wasting a 2nd rounder on Garroopppolllo. Execpt in his case, it will be a couple of years before his career as a starter is dead.

Yeah, that's why they've kept Hooman for the past 3 years despite his not-even 7 catches a year. Must be his scintillating personality.

Yeah they were losing with with the deflated balls in the Baltimore game, a game they barely won. So if the balls were properly inflated...

And can you say which HR's steroids helped Barry hit? Which races PEDs helped Marion Jones win? Which races doping helped Lance Armstrong win?

If the balls were properly inflated, as they were in the second half of that game, they wouldn't have been down the first half and the outcome would not have been as close as it was.

To answer your question, all of them. But it's a poor analogy. All NE had to was win the AFCE (which they could do every year throwing Frisbees) and the were in the playoffs. And we know they weren't "using" from halftime agaisnt the Ravens through the SB. So what's your point with Bonds, etc.?

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My point is cheating is cheating. And you don't cheat if it doesn't help you. Whether or not you need to cheat doesn't matter. If Arod hits as many HRs this year as other years, does that exonerate him?

Edited by Doc

My point is cheating is cheating. And you don't cheat if it doesn't help you. Whether or not you need to cheat doesn't matter. If Arod hits as many HRs this year as other years, does that exonerate him?

PED's are rampant....every team is cheating.

And there's a similarly large group of posters who proclaim how misused and underutilized said player was in Buffalo and that he'll now be an All-Pro.

It goes both ways.

Not really. The posts are probably 4 to 1 in favor of the bashers. Take a look at it next time.

You cheat if you think it will help you. Whether it does actually help is, in this case, debatable. This type of cheating demonstrably was of no help in these playoffs.

If A-rod hits as many HRs this year as his best juicing years then it only proves that he does not currently need steroids to hit as many HRs as he did back then. Doesn't change the fact that he cheated (and the correlation between jucing and HR is far more direct than that of deflated balls and wins).

Anyway, if you started by saying "cheating is cheating" and stopped there, you wouldn't have had to walk back all the other comments you made after that.

As much as I dislike Belichick and the way he conducts business...it's hard to deny he is a genuis

Yeah, I remember thinking the same thing when he sucked at Cleveland. Or when he quit his head coaching job with the Jets at the press conference announcing his head coaching job with the Jets.

As much as I dislike Belichick and the way he conducts business...it's hard to deny he is a genuis

true. but he is a weirdo too.

and it freaks me out to look at him up close. looks like a meth head with STDs.

bleeechh.

i hope his lab trailer catches on fire, he comes running out in flames screaming Tommy! Tommy boy save me ! the devil has voided the contract!

Help me Tommy !

Edited by 3rdand12

You cheat if you think it will help you. Whether it does actually help is, in this case, debatable. This type of cheating demonstrably was of no help in these playoffs.

If A-rod hits as many HRs this year as his best juicing years then it only proves that he does not currently need steroids to hit as many HRs as he did back then. Doesn't change the fact that he cheated (and the correlation between jucing and HR is far more direct than that of deflated balls and wins).

Anyway, if you started by saying "cheating is cheating" and stopped there, you wouldn't have had to walk back all the other comments you made after that.

You're talking out of both sides. First you say that in the Ravens game, winning play was correlated with ball inflation. Now you're saying it's not. Is two halves of a football game really a big enough sample to argue that there's a definitive correlation either way? Or that there isn't?