What kind of cat do you have?

mead107

Red, the last man standing. He was a feral who adopted us and now runs our life. He was the 1st of 10 street cats we trapped and had neutered in local program. He managed to worm his way in and outlast all the others. Now his wish is our command, got me up at 6am so he could go pee outside.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Red, the last man standing. He was a feral who adopted us and now runs our life. He was the 1st of 10 street cats we trapped and had neutered in local program. He managed to worm his way in and outlast all the others. Now his wish is our command, got me up at 6am so he could go pee outside.

6am pee? That's what he tells you. 6am is when all the songbirds are out! You ae unleashing a small scale ecological disaster!

He does some hunting, getting old and fat like his owner. He gets an occasional mole or baby that falls out of nest. Now china cat the siamese I picked up at the pound was a killer. She did birds, mice, rabbits , you name she killed it and brought it home to me.

Our cat is a bobtail cat. Short legs and a 4" tail. Name KG

Have a Japanese Bobtail too, named Mia. Rescued her from the SPCA 7 years ago. Great cat. Very affectionate, people loving cat that always needs to be around the action.

Two domestic short-hairs; one is the classic tiger cat named Maceo. The other has light blonde fur and golden eyes and weighs about 20 lbs., with the meow of a kitten. His name is Shane. Plus we have a domestic long-hair; my little girl. She is petite and only talks to me, but when she talks, she never opens her mouth; just kind of mumbles. She loves when I brush her. Her name is Lazy.

EDIT: We got Maceo from the SPCA who saved him from a kill shelter in Tennessee. Lazy came from Adirondack Save-a-Stray; she was born in the woods of Corinth, NY. Shane was one of my sister-in-law's cat's kittens; they live in L.A. (Lower Albany). We already had Maceo and Lazy. We were in Albany for some sort of party (birthday or holiday) and once I held Shane, I said, "you're coming home with us." I consider that a rescue because they live in the projects. Also, Shane does not like strangers. To him, anyone outside of my wife, my son or me is a stranger and he hides every second anyone is in our house other than us. My sister-in-law's house has a revolving door. He would have been miserable.

Edited by Gugny

American Shorthair (I think). Was a stray that my buddies and I found outside our apartment one drunk night. She was extremely skinny and frail. Took her in that night and she slept with my roommate. Woke up the next morning and had completely forgot about it. She's been around ever since. Awesome cat, couldn't have gotten any luckier.

I had a Maine Coon named Oscar that my girlfriend gifted me back in the day (I hate cats), but he had to be euthanized due to severe diabetes. The vet wanted me to pay $100 bucks/week for insulin treatments, IIRC. Made my decision pretty easy....the fat bugger had a pretty good run for 9 years. I want to say he was 28 pounds at his heaviest. Mean sucker too.

General Tso's

Hey! What are you implying here? That we all head up to Lee Ho Fook's and get a big bowl of beef chow mein?

;-) ;-)

I had a Maine Coon named Oscar that my girlfriend gifted me back in the day (I hate cats), but he had to be euthanized due to severe diabetes. The vet wanted me to pay $100 bucks/week for insulin treatments, IIRC. Made my decision pretty easy....the fat bugger had a pretty good run for 9 years. I want to say he was 28 pounds at his heaviest. Mean sucker too.

Ha! That is exactly how we started the this whole "cat thing".... "Gifted" My wife was a cat person growing up, myself dogs... My sister had to move and gifted me her cat back in the day. The cat had problems (gentic kidney problems) and had to be put down a few years later... The "door" was wide open now for the stream of cats in my life. WTF, had to put the cat down anyway!

We moved from Seattle to Williamsburg VA, 12 years ago. We had 5 cats. When you drive across the USA with 5 cats, you can't stay in an nice hotel. No lobby, elevator etc. Mostly look for some 40+ former Holiday Inn, where you can back up to the room, in the dark, and start moving cat carriers in. We made the drive in 3.5 days. Once we got to VA., we put the cats on ice, at the vet, flew back to Seattle, picked up my wife's car, and the dog, and did it all over again.

Now, 12 years later, we still have 1 of the original 5. He's 16. They are all rescue cats. My wife's just a girl that can't say no.

We moved from Seattle to Williamsburg VA, 12 years ago. We had 5 cats. When you drive across the USA with 5 cats, you can't stay in an nice hotel. No lobby, elevator etc. Mostly look for some 40+ former Holiday Inn, where you can back up to the room, in the dark, and start moving cat carriers in. We made the drive in 3.5 days. Once we got to VA., we put the cats on ice, at the vet, flew back to Seattle, picked up my wife's car, and the dog, and did it all over again.

Now, 12 years later, we still have 1 of the original 5. He's 16. They are all rescue cats. My wife's just a girl that can't say no.

That's an awful lot of work just to live next to Marv Albert.

Update on my old fat red cat, found a decapitated mouse in the back yard this morning. If he stays out all night he kills **** or gets in fights. I stopped taking him to the vets unless something is real bad. I just patch him up the best I can and treat the wounds with antibiotic cream.

Hey! What are you implying here? That we all head up to Lee Ho Fook's and get a big bowl of beef chow mein?

;-) ;-)

On your way, can you stop by Trader Vic's and pick me up? I'll be the guy with the perfect hair drinking a pina colada.

And right now you're cats on another board saying "I have a stoner human who's pretty bad at being a cat owner..."

This is ridiculous. Everyone knows cats don't use ellipses.

The kind that claws up the carpet and stinks up the house with its **** box. I swore I'd never have a cat in my house. I told my wife I'd be a Pats* fan before we got a cat. I'd turn commie and campaign for Bernie Sanders before we got a cat. Taylor Swift and her boyfriend would get back together before we got a cat. Then my daughter cried because daddy wouldn't let her get a kitty; now I have a cat. :wallbash: