George W. Bush knocks Obama on foreign policy

Yeah he's a real man of principle. Keeps his mouth shut until some billionaire pays him $250,000 to open it

Good Lord.............such stupidity.

Let's break this down ..........................shall we ?

First, you have to believe that President Bush only said this to get paid,..................and that is false.

Secondly , you have to believe that the sponsor of the Jewish Donors Meeting specifically paid to get the same criticism that the whole world is already saying.....for free.............................................and that is false

Lastly, you would have to be a clueless, close-minded fool to make a statement like that bolded above

and in JSTP's case.............that is true.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good Lord.............such stupidity.

Let's break this down ..........................shall we ?

First, you have to believe that President Bush only said this to get paid,..................and that is false.

Secondly , you have to believe that the sponsor of the Jewish Donors Meeting specifically paid to get the same criticism that the whole world is already saying.....for free.............................................and that is false

Lastly, you would have to be a clueless, close-minded fool to make a statement like that bolded above

and in JSTP's case.............that is true.

In fairness to Joe the Sandusky Proponent, it did have the word Jew in it, so he probably just went haywire.

Policies concerning Syria, Iran, Egypt, Yemen, the Saudis, Libya (particularly Libya). Hell, even his second-term policies concerning Iraq were relatively sound.

the Obama failures - Syria, Iraq, Egypt - were extensions of the Bush Doctrine he inherited. His mistake was not being more forceful in changing course early on. Iraq was a disaster from the start, and it was inevitably going to get worse when the inevitable happened and this tired and overly indebted nation pulled out. He's also largely kept US boots "off the ground" saving countless lives. Of course the neocons are still at work desperately trying to change that

What part of the Yemen policy was reasonably sound?

Capping Al Qaeda with drones by Obama was sound. It went terribly astray recently with support for Saudi bombing campaign. This is a familiar and tragic pattern: Houthis had no beef with us, and were the only effective ally we had in fighting Al Qaeda. Now we are assisting in their demise, and since Saudis destablize countries without targeting Sunni militants, they come back stronger and create more problems for us

Not only is foreign policy much bigger than the "Middle East," the Middle East foreign policy itself was, with a few exceptions, relatively sound.

Huh? GB/DC Middle East - OK Iraq/Afghan policy was the worst foreign policy approach and actions in the history of our country - on so many levels - a catastrophe - this is not in dispute.

Saudi policy - Continued the "Sell us oil and we will look the other way - and buy some airplanes from us" This policy has been in place for a century - almost.

Iran: Well - we effed that up in the 50's when we deposed their democratically controlled government and installed the Shah. Can't believe they hate us. GWB did jack here.

Egypt: Well - let's continue the defacto parrot government of the Egyptian military by funding it and letting it run the country - another "winner" idea that surely will work in the long term....wait....what?

Syria-Lybia - Leave the despots in charge.

Actually the Neocon ME strategy was to overthrow Iraq and Afghanistan and and install democratic governments and let freedom ring - American style - around the ME -W000T!

They were completely wrong.

Stick with bashing Obama - carry on!.

Carry on with your BO bashing.

Huh? GB/DC Middle East - OK Iraq/Afghan policy was the worst foreign policy approach and actions in the history of our country - on so many levels - a catastrophe - this is not in dispute.

Saudi policy - Continued the "Sell us oil and we will look the other way - and buy some airplanes from us" This policy has been in place for a century - almost.

Iran: Well - we effed that up in the 50's when we deposed their democratically controlled government and installed the Shah. Can't believe they hate us. GWB did jack here.

Egypt: Well - let's continue the defacto parrot government of the Egyptian military by funding it and letting it run the country - another "winner" idea that surely will work in the long term....wait....what?

Actually the Neocon ME strategy was to overthrow Iraq and Afghanistan and and install democratic governments and let freedom ring - American style - around the ME -W000T!

Move to Russia.

So Bush didn't depose enough?

Oh looky, the liberal is defending Obama's epic foreign policy failures.

Not surprising.

Edited by Magox

Not surprising.

But so long as the former president is dipping his toes back into the public debate, lets keep a few pertinent details in mind:

1. Presidents who launch two massive wars that destabilized the entire Middle East probably shouldnt warn about his successor making the region chaotic.

2. When U.S. forces withdrew from Iraq, it was under the terms of a Status of Forces Agreement negotiated by George W. Bush.

3. Bush may not like the idea of a nuclear agreement with Iran, but President Obama is now making up for the fact that Bush could have struck a better deal but failed to even try, and Irans nuclear capabilities grew far more serious without consequence on Bushs watch.

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/george-w-bush-unironically-warns-middle-east-chaos?cid=sm_fb_maddow

Not surprising.

As usual - you are taking my critique of the GOP as an endorsement of BO's policies.

As usual - you feel the need to throw labels around instead of addressing the issues.

The state of the ME right now is a direct result of the policies of GB/DC - a fragile set of countries held together by either massive foreign intervention (Israel/Egypt) or governed by strong armed despots (Iran/Iraq/Syria/Libya/SA) was disrupted with the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan under the false neo-con notion that democracy would sprout like little flowers and spread across the region. Didn't work - and the world has a mess.

That being said - there is no "good" ME policy on the table. You have a displaced people (Palestinians), a country shoved into being from the outside world (Israel), a country cobbled together from 3 distinct peoples (Iraq), a country that hates us because we screwed them over 50 years ago (Iran), a country held together for 50 years by their military which we funded (Egypt), another one ravaged by two superpowers (Afghanistan) - mix in sectarian hatred and a millennial long culture of killing.

Tell me oh wise Magox - what policy is going to straighten this all out?

And the hits just keep coming for that ill-fated quarter million dollar blunder of a speech.

[White House Press Secretary] Earnest also tweaked Bush by suggesting Obama was elected primarily as a result of the American public rebuking the Bush administration's foreign policy decisions.

"The fact that President Bush has a different perspective and a different philosophy when it comes to foreign policy, isn't just a well-known difference [between them]," he added. "In the minds of many people, it's the principle reason that President Obama is sitting in the Oval Office right now."

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/white-house-fires-back-george-184550021.html

Edited by JTSP

Policies concerning Syria, Iran, Egypt, Yemen, the Saudis, Libya (particularly Libya). Hell, even his second-term policies concerning Iraq were relatively sound.

When your policies hit rock bottom there is nowhere else but up...

When your policies hit rock bottom there is nowhere else but up...

I think it's very safe to say that Barry has found a rock bottom that Bush never came close to reaching. If you can't see what an absolute mess the world is right at this very moment, you're sucking the nuts WAY too diligently.

As usual - you are taking my critique of the GOP as an endorsement of BO's policies.

As usual - you feel the need to throw labels around instead of addressing the issues.

The state of the ME right now is a direct result of the policies of GB/DC - a fragile set of countries held together by either massive foreign intervention (Israel/Egypt) or governed by strong armed despots (Iran/Iraq/Syria/Libya/SA) was disrupted with the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan under the false neo-con notion that democracy would sprout like little flowers and spread across the region. Didn't work - and the world has a mess.

That being said - there is no "good" ME policy on the table. You have a displaced people (Palestinians), a country shoved into being from the outside world (Israel), a country cobbled together from 3 distinct peoples (Iraq), a country that hates us because we screwed them over 50 years ago (Iran), a country held together for 50 years by their military which we funded (Egypt), another one ravaged by two superpowers (Afghanistan) - mix in sectarian hatred and a millennial long culture of killing.

Tell me oh wise Magox - what policy is going to straighten this all out?

No, you consistently criticize only one party. For someone who purports to be a "true conservative" , your actions and words don't line up. I on the other hand admit my leanings, even though I take on the party that I generally support more so than just about anyone here.

In regards to possible solutions. There are no quick fixes or anything approaching that. I've made my feelings known many times on this board. Which is to protect our immediate interests, take out any immediate threats, don't get in the business of taking out leaders and nation building, support our allies who hold western democratic values, and begin planting the seeds of Democracy in the middle east.

Maybe, if we're lucky in about a century or so things will normalize to the point to where we can have a dramatically different sort of landscape that isn't dominated by religious wars.

And I just about always address the issues, nitwit.

Edited by Magox

Nothing says you're in control of a nuclear agreement with Iran like having Iran seize one of your cargo vessels.

But hey...that Bush guy was pretty bad, ammirite?

If Iran wants to try telling the U.S. to stay out of this situation, seizing a ship for which the U.S. has some responsibility, but without taking any American citizens, seems like a crafty way to, shall we say, test the waters . . .
Meanwhile . . .
ff3bfdc18d554836c26776987001ef9a_normal. Al Arabiya English
@AlArabiya_Eng

#BREAKING: Iranian civilian plane defies no-fly zone, attempts to land in Sanaa

I can only hope no one gets paid to criticize this.

I think it's very safe to say that Barry has found a rock bottom that Bush never came close to reaching. If you can't see what an absolute mess the world is right at this very moment, you're sucking the nuts WAY too diligently.

What foreign war/disaster did Obama get us stuck in?