Glad we don't have a 1st round pick

major

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This draft sucks. Whaley knew what he was doing moving up last year to get Watkins. Name 5 no miss picks in this year's draft. There aren't any

Just when you thought you have seen everything... a post like this comes along! Yikes!!!

OP is right. What's the point of the front office doing all that stressing about a guy when he probably won't even be that good? They should probably just forget about the rest of their picks too. Just don't show up to the draft at all. Watch all these other loser teams pick the guys we may have, pay them a lot of money, and watch them flame out in a couple of years. Would you rather do that, or spend a few months lounging at the Pegulas' pad in Florida until training camp starts?

Edited by QB Bills

I guess this means Whaley is pretty hit or miss. If he had Ebron ahead of mike evans or OBJ, he really can't evaluate talent well.

i don't believe he had Ebron over Evans. Evans was taken 2 spots ahead of their original pick, they would have had to trade up for him too. The question is who they had higher if they picked 9 - Ebron or OBJ. The pre-draft discussion was they were very high on all 3 of these guys. Sammy was #1 player on their board. They felt he was the best player in the whole draft. They tried to trade as high as they could to take him. If they couldn't make the trade up that high work, they were going to try to trade up for Evans. If they couldn't trade up at all, the buzz pre-draft out of the Bills was OBJ, Zach Martin, Eric Ebron. It sounds like they were pretty close on their board. Whaley ultimately said they would have taken Ebron there over obj and Martin, assuming Evans was gone. Edited by YoloinOhio

What if they offered the #19 pick for Watkins. Would you make that trade?

Hell no. Sounds silly like that. Who goes at 19 this year? I'd have to look him up. Sure, might be a player, but.... I love Sammy and look forward to watching him while healthy. I don't know much about his hip issues, but anyone playing with broken ribs gets my respect. Oh, and he's AWESOME!

Whaley will get the player he wants at the value of the pick .

There are a lot of good players left that can be had in the second round & be a good value for the team .

absolutely true

Hehe...

WGR and their parrots are eventually going to have to face the fact that this draft stinks, that the move for Watkins was right on target, and that Whaley owns them.

Look I realize that it's difficult for some to change their minds, after we've had so many bad GMs and terrible draft decisions. But, ask yourself to review exactly how Shady McCoy ended up on this team. It didn't start with trading Kiko. No. Review the entire history.

Indisputable Bottom Line: Multiple good calls over the course of 3 years is how we got here. This is the history of Whaley as GM. If you are on the wrong side of that history? All that is required: change your mind.