American Free Speech

Why do you think that stories like the OJ trial get sensationalized to the point of making the simple minded people think that they are important in the grand scheme of things?

People find them interesting and in OJ's it had so many angels, race being one of them

My issue is that the media turns issues into race issues when oftentimes it's not. OJ was not about a black guy killing a white woman. It was about a famous guy lopping the head off of his beautiful ex-wife. Rodney King wasn't about race it was about police brutality. Trevon Martin wasn't about race it was about a guy who was overly enthusiastic about his role in neighborhood watch who killed a guy who was bashing his head in. Ferguson was about a cop who shot a guy who was reaching for his gun. Is there racism in this country? Yup, always will be but the media tends to manufacture stories that fit and as you put it sell.

Well, they have to sell advertising so they will do what they have to. That's capitalism

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

People find them interesting and in OJ's it had so many angels, race being one of them

Well, they have to sell advertising so they will do what they have to. That's capitalism

That event would have been the same circus has OJ been white. It was sensationalized because of who they were. Hollywood is like that. Trust me I worked there for years cooking for them all.

Are you saying that angels are present among several races?

But did you notice how they're always depicted as white? It's racism I tell you!!

That event would have been the same circus has OJ been white. It was sensationalized because of who they were. Hollywood is like that. Trust me I worked there for years cooking for them all.

But did you notice how they're always depicted as white? It's racism I tell you!!

No i dont trust you. I know for a fact race played a big role in the hype

NOW you're actually having something of a discussion about a topic. And you don't look like a total !@#$head for once.

Funny how that works, i'n't it?

Ok, maybe you're right. Gee funny how that works sometimes. I just didn't see it that way. I looked at it as just your typical privileged ex-jock turned Hollywood actor who killed his wife over jealousy and figured his star power would help him and it did. The media made it about race. They made it look like white people thought OJ was guilty because he was black. No most of us felt he was guilty because the evidence was overwhelmingly against him. Race really never entered it for me until Mark Furman used racist language and lied about it. All of a sudden he's planted evidence.

Ok, maybe you're right. Gee funny how that works sometimes. I just didn't see it that way. I looked at it as just your typical privileged ex-jock turned Hollywood actor who killed his wife over jealousy and figured his star power would help him and it did. The media made it about race. They made it look like white people thought OJ was guilty because he was black. No most of us felt he was guilty because the evidence was overwhelmingly against him. Race really never entered it for me until Mark Furman used racist language and lied about it. All of a sudden he's planted evidence.

As I remember it, Johnny Chocran is the one who brought up race as an issue in the OJ trial. Until then, it was treated in the media exactly as you describe it - a celebrity murder trial.

As I remember it, Johnny Chocran is the one who brought up race as an issue in the OJ trial. Until then, it was treated in the media exactly as you describe it - a celebrity murder trial.

Nothing sells better than the fall of the very famous. Not racism. Nothing.

If you're rich and successful and famous, the world loves to cheer your descent, and will never give a rat's asshair what color your skin is while you're falling.

Nothing sells better than the fall of the very famous. Not racism. Nothing.

If you're rich and successful and famous, the world loves to cheer your descent, and will never give a rat's asshair what color your skin is while you're falling.

As is evidenced by the barrage of tabloid sensationalism that greets us at every checkout lane.

It probably would have moved more quickly.

Sure, and it could have jumped higher too---maybe so high it could have escaped.

So, I mention that simple minded people find these stories interesting and you indicate that they are interesting. Hmmm... Help me out here, i just don't see that many angels hovering around OJ. We're not talking Hell's Angels are we?