American Free Speech

Oh I can't? LOL, you are the one that stopped making "serious" statements that attempted analysis. Pity, they were pretty funny

I believe that

But if you just answered instead of deflecting it wouldn't be so bad. I'm curious myself why people tune into this garbage. Do people just like to get annoyed? Enraged at someone? It's actually pretty interesting as distasteful as it is. I mean that link I posted with those black guys triggered a lot of emotions. None of them good. Disgust, sadness. Amazement. I only could watch 2.30 of it and I had to turn it off. It's scary people in this country think this way.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Or what?

Why the !@#$ do you even bother? You make statements and someone asks you what you're basing your statements on and you play this childish game. It's call discussion and debate. That's what we do here. Well most of us. You just call us all poopy heads and run away. This is why I was blown away when I found out how old you really were.

But if you just answered instead of deflecting it wouldn't be so bad. I'm curious myself why people tune into this garbage. Do people just like to get annoyed? Enraged at someone? It's actually pretty interesting as distasteful as it is. I mean that link I posted with those black guys triggered a lot of emotions. None of them good. Disgust, sadness. Amazement. I only could watch 2.30 of it and I had to turn it off. It's scary people in this country think this way.

Usually his garbage is perversely entertaining.

This time...just asinine. "Or what?" Really? I can't even be amused by that depth of shitheadedness.

This time...just asinine. "Or what?" Really? I can't even be amused by that depth of shitheadedness.

It may be time to question the actual viability of the cells that make up gator.

Why the !@#$ do you even bother? You make statements and someone asks you what you're basing your statements on and you play this childish game. It's call discussion and debate. That's what we do here. Well most of us. You just call us all poopy heads and run away. This is why I was blown away when I found out how old you really were.

It's nice and calm over here on the "non-response" to gatorman side of the board. I highly recommend it.

Seriously he answered his own question. Racial issues bring out emotion, so people watch. You state it perfectly here, not sure why chef can't figure it out also.

Me not answering Chefs attempt at a gotcha question? Come on, you complain about gotcha questions too. No reason chef needed to ask a question he could reasonably answer himself

You ask question after question after question like a little kid. Gets tiring trying to explain the whole world to you

You ask question after question after question like a little kid. Gets tiring trying to explain the whole world to you

You've never heard of the Socratic Method of debate? You don't need to explain the whole world to me just the itty bitty one between your ears.

So racial issues bring out people's emotions. This is true and I never answered my own question. You just did. I wanted to know why you think racial issues sell. Why does the media latch on to that? There are plenty of other issues that charge people's emotions. Why does the media stick so much to race. Oh my.....more questions for poor gatorchild.

You've never heard of the Socratic Method of debate? You don't need to explain the whole world to me just the itty bitty one between your ears.

So racial issues bring out people's emotions. This is true and I never answered my own question. You just did. I wanted to know why you think racial issues sell. Why does the media latch on to that? There are plenty of other issues that charge people's emotions. Why does the media stick so much to race. Oh my.....more questions for poor gatorchild.

what other issues would you compare to racial issues that would sell media advertising? You say there are plenty of them. What are they? As long as you don't mind questions, I mean

what other issues would you compare to racial issues that would sell media advertising? You say there are plenty of them. What are they? As long as you don't mind questions, I mean

Bring on your questions lightweight. I'll answer them all unlike you who dodges them left and right and calls us poopy heads.

Where did I say issues that would compare to racial issues? You pulled that out of your ass. I said emotional issues.

Healthcare issues

Financial issues

Public safety issues

Consumer issues

Political issues

Government issues

How many racially charged issues are you seeing on your local news? I see very few.

Bring on your questions lightweight. I'll answer them all unlike you who dodges them left and right and calls us poopy heads.

Where did I say issues that would compare to racial issues? You pulled that out of your ass. I said emotional issues.

Healthcare issues

Financial issues

Public safety issues

Consumer issues

Political issues

Government issues

How many racially charged issues are you seeing on your local news? I see very few.

So you'd say that those issues could be as big as say, oh, the OJ story? That was probably the biggest story in last 25 years, aside from terrorism, and race was a big part of the reason why. Your issues don't really come close to having the appeal to make people watch tv so much. Consumer issues are going to make people watch as much as the Tavon Martin killing? That's silly. I

I think you just hate the racial stories and that's why you think "government issues" would get people to watch CNN more

So you'd say that those issues could be as big as say, oh, the OJ story? That was probably the biggest story in last 25 years, aside from terrorism,

You know, when we express amazement at how dumb you are, we're not challenging you to be even dumber.

So you'd say that those issues could be as big as say, oh, the OJ story? That was probably the biggest story in last 25 years, aside from terrorism, and race was a big part of the reason why. Your issues don't really come close to having the appeal to make people watch tv so much. Consumer issues are going to make people watch as much as the Tavon Martin killing? That's silly. I

I think you just hate the racial stories and that's why you think "government issues" would get people to watch CNN more

So the OJ story was all about race. A black guy killing two white people? It had nothing at all to do with the fact that he was a Hollywood celebrity?

I think racial stories are stupid and the reason they sell is because people are !@#$ing idiots.

Not for lack of trying, but I've been trying for two days to find out what those protesters are protesting.

Has anyone yet heard what these university yahoos were protesting?

I did hear one person say they were protesting being slaves in a white supremacist country. But I discounted that because...c'mon, really? The white supremacists enslaving you allow you to protest your enslavement by trampling their flag and spouting off about how you're enslaved by white supremacists? You want to think that one through some more?

So the OJ story was all about race. A black guy killing two white people? It had nothing at all to do with the fact that he was a Hollywood celebrity?

I think racial stories are stupid and the reason they sell is because people are !@#$ing idiots.

I never said OJ was all about race, but it had a huge racial aspect as you pointed out.

You may find racial stories "stupid" but in a capitalist society, what sells leads on the news.

I never said OJ was all about race, but it had a huge racial aspect as you pointed out.

You may find racial stories "stupid" but in a capitalist society, what sells leads on the news.

I said it had a huge racial aspect? No i said it had a huge Hollywood celebrity kills wife tabloid aspect. He just happened to be black and she was white. Quit making **** up.

And racial issues sell not because we want to buy it. We'te being sold it and it's been placed on the shelves at "eye level" because we need to care dammit!!

Question for you. How often do racial stories lead the news?

Edited by Chef Jim

I said it had a huge racial aspect? No i said it had a huge Hollywood celebrity kills wife tabloid aspect. He just happened to be black and she was white. Quit making **** up.

And racial issues sell not because we want to buy it. We'te being sold it and it's been placed on the shelves at "eye level" because we need to care dammit!!

Question for you. How often do racial stories lead the news?

How often, what as a percentage? I have no idea

But more to the point, as something that has so affected American history, racial issues are very news worthy. Racism was written right into the Constitution, we fought a Civil War largely over race, amendments were added to the Constitution over race, major laws had to be enacted and everyday we see racial charged issues that the news simply can't ignore

How often, what as a percentage? I have no idea

But more to the point, as something that has so affected American history, racial issues are very news worthy. Racism was written right into the Constitution, we fought a Civil War largely over race, amendments were added to the Constitution over race, major laws had to be enacted and everyday we see racial charged issues that the news simply can't ignore

My issue is that the media turns issues into race issues when oftentimes it's not. OJ was not about a black guy killing a white woman. It was about a famous guy lopping the head off of his beautiful ex-wife. Rodney King wasn't about race it was about police brutality. Trevon Martin wasn't about race it was about a guy who was overly enthusiastic about his role in neighborhood watch who killed a guy who was bashing his head in. Ferguson was about a cop who shot a guy who was reaching for his gun. Is there racism in this country? Yup, always will be but the media tends to manufacture stories that fit and as you put it sell.

Why do you think that stories like the OJ trial get sensationalized to the point of making the simple minded people think that they are important in the grand scheme of things?