Game Day Ritual

Maybe this should be in OTW, feel free to move it. What sort of game day rituals/superstitions do you have? Do you wear certain clothes? Eat certain foods. Special place to watch?

I personally make sure to call my aunt before every game, and my dad at every half time. I also have a special spot at the bar that I stand in.

My gameday rituals and superstitions are so effective, they make it seem as though their impact on the outcome of the game is completely random.

But I know better.

Edited by eball

I like to start a minimum of a dozen game-day threads.

During the game, I like to start a thread every time the Bills give up a first down AND every time they get a first down.

At halftime, I like to start a thread to recap the first half, as well as start another thread to predict what the first play from scrimmage will be in the 3rd quarter.

After the 3rd quarter, I like to start a thread about the first quarter, because I miss it by then.

After the game, I usually sit back and read my Bible that was signed by John Fogerty.

I like to start a minimum of a dozen game-day threads.

During the game, I like to start a thread every time the Bills give up a first down AND every time they get a first down.

At halftime, I like to start a thread to recap the first half, as well as start another thread to predict what the first play from scrimmage will be in the 3rd quarter.

After the 3rd quarter, I like to start a thread about the first quarter, because I miss it by then.

After the game, I usually sit back and read my Bible that was signed by John Fogerty.

It wasn't John Fogerty. It was the other two guys.

At a bar Chug a beer at the moment of kickoff.

At home shower and shave exactly 30 min before kickoff.

At the stadium... Nothing actually except make sure I have no voice by the end. (Bills first and only real NFL 12th man)

Edited by Beef Jerky

Watch the clock nervously from 9am EST on....making sure I leave my house at no later than 12:30 to get to my friend's to put the game on there on his 2nd big screen. (Bengals on the main screen).

Make amazing fat-bastard lunches, drink for 3 hours, watch RedZone channel also.

Go home and either sulk or be happy for the rest of the week until next Sunday.

Rinse and repeat 16 times a year.

Watch the clock nervously from 9am EST on....making sure I leave my house at no later than 12:30 to get to my friend's to put the game on there on his 2nd big screen. (Bengals on the main screen).

Make amazing fat-bastard lunches, drink for 3 hours, watch RedZone channel also.

Don't u mean 19 times a year? Oh wait we were talking about rituals you did BEFOR this year

- Put on jersey

- Hang Bills flag outside of condo

- Throw on WGR55

- Text and Facebook the crew to see who's coming over

- Check crock-pot, wait for delicious food to finish cooking

- Drink beer(s)

Drinking beers, pacing around & yelling at the TV.

We are the same man.

It's amazing how the outcome of the Buffalo Bills game can change the while course of my week.

I think I have a problem.

Cup of coffee in red Bills mug.

Shower, dress, don appropriate color Bills jersey.

Walk dog.

Go to supermarket for Sunday football food menu ingredients.

Home by 11:30.

Begin cooking whilst listening to WGR; TV is on appropriate channel on mute.

First beer at noon.

I spend a lot of the game in the kitchen tending to food; I can see the TV clearly from the kitchen and go into the living room during most offensive plays and all defensive 3rd downs.

I do a lot of pacing and very little-to-no sitting at all until halftime, which is usually chow time.

When something pisses me off, it usually results in an open-handed slap on the counter, accompanied by talking to myself about what it is that pissed me off, but not yelling.

Unless it's something so stupid or so poorly-timed that I lose it for a minute and yell at the television (the one that comes to mind from last year is "the Orton slide").

Losses rarely put me into a very bad mood, unless we lose a game we had in control and gave away.

Wins absolutely put me into a better mood every time.

I'm rarely very active on TBD during the game, but usually get on shortly after it's over.

Usually wake up around 8am.Check TSW.Annoy the better half about why the Bills are destined for greatness. Check TSW. Go grab a 6 pack of whatever I'm craving. Check TSW. Down a few, check TSW, then get picked up by my cousin and head over to the local bills backers bar (Packys in Lighthouse Point) Check TSW. Then watch.

After a loss, I will avoid TSW for a couple days.

Edited by It's in My Blood